Maiden Voyage of the Cat Stroller

Old May 7th 04, 10:01 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Maiden Voyage of the Cat Stroller

We had our first walk about with Oliver's new stroller. He seemed
pretty comfortable about the whole thing and didn't dive into the
"privacy" area at all. He did crouch down a time or two when we saw a
car (he is terrified of automobiles except if he is riding in one) but
he seem to realize pretty quickly that he was safe so he just rode along
looking at everything. I was pushing so couldn't see his reactions but
it was pretty cute. As I am pushing I noticed that his ears popped out
of the mesh and were like little periscopes turing this way and that.

Boone, our Lab was very excited about the whole thing. He just seemed
beside himself with joy that Oliver was with us. I guess being a dog he
is happiest when the whole family is together. He kept running ahead
(on his leash) and then doubling back to give Oliver kisses. When we
saw another dog or person Boone would give a bark and prance around the
stroller like "Hey, look at my little brother!" It was very funny.

When we got home and I opened the carrier Oliver got out and was sort of
low to the ground and a little wobbly. I wonder if he got a little
motion sick. After several big yawns and a drink of water he seemed
fine again. We'll take it slow and build him up to long walks. It will
be interesting to see if he goes enthusiastically or not for the second
walk.
--
Margaret Fine

Old May 7th 04, 10:41 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:01:40 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

We had our first walk about with Oliver's new stroller. He seemed
pretty comfortable about the whole thing and didn't dive into the
"privacy" area at all. He did crouch down a time or two when we saw a
car (he is terrified of automobiles except if he is riding in one) but
he seem to realize pretty quickly that he was safe so he just rode along
looking at everything. I was pushing so couldn't see his reactions but
it was pretty cute. As I am pushing I noticed that his ears popped out
of the mesh and were like little periscopes turing this way and that.

Oh, how cute!

When I brought Stinky home, it was in a canvas Barnes and Noble tote
bag, and on the subway. He was a very skinny kitten with
out-of-proportion ears, and that's exactly how I thought he looked
when he would pop his little head out of the bag and look around.
Like a little periscope.

Boone, our Lab was very excited about the whole thing. He just seemed
beside himself with joy that Oliver was with us. I guess being a dog he
is happiest when the whole family is together. He kept running ahead
(on his leash) and then doubling back to give Oliver kisses. When we
saw another dog or person Boone would give a bark and prance around the
stroller like "Hey, look at my little brother!" It was very funny.

Very sweet.

When we got home and I opened the carrier Oliver got out and was sort of
low to the ground and a little wobbly. I wonder if he got a little
motion sick. After several big yawns and a drink of water he seemed
fine again. We'll take it slow and build him up to long walks. It will
be interesting to see if he goes enthusiastically or not for the second
walk.

Or if he was just a little 'whelmed with it all. Pictures soon?

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old May 7th 04, 11:16 PM

Margaret Fine wrote:

I was pushing so couldn't see his reactions but
it was pretty cute. As I am pushing I noticed that his ears popped out
of the mesh and were like little periscopes turing this way and that.

LOL! That's really cute!

Joyce

Old May 8th 04, 01:23 AM
Cheryl

Margaret Fine dumped this in news:UOSmc.11472
on 07 May 2004:

Boone, our Lab was very excited about the whole thing. He just seemed
beside himself with joy that Oliver was with us. I guess being a dog he
is happiest when the whole family is together. He kept running ahead
(on his leash) and then doubling back to give Oliver kisses. When we
saw another dog or person Boone would give a bark and prance around the
stroller like "Hey, look at my little brother!" It was very funny.

Very cute! I liked this part especially because I can almost picture it.

--
Cheryl

Old May 8th 04, 01:23 AM
Karen Chuplis

how adorable! piccies!

Karen

Old May 8th 04, 01:23 AM
Karen Chuplis

how adorable! piccies!

Karen

Old May 8th 04, 03:27 AM
Sherry

[...]

I'd love to see a pic of Ollie in his stroller. It just sounds so cute! What a
neat thing...the outing is good for him, and the exercise is good for you *and*
the Lab. (Hmmm....and the cat is the only one who gets pushed about to enjoy
the scenery and fresh air--- Who says cats aren't the smart ones?)

Sherry