Purrz fur veteranz...

Old May 26th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

Default Purrz fur veteranz...

Pawpa an' mineownself wuld lyke tu sez fangu tu owrz kuntree'z veteranz
fur da sakrifysez dat dey haf had tu mayk onna behaf uf purrtecktin'
ussez hoomanz an' petz. Reegardlezz uf how hoomanz feel abowt whut'z
happenin' ofurseez, da hoomanz dat iz dere need tu be tole dat dey iz
appurr-she-ated., simply beclawz it wuzzint DERE ideer tu go an' fite.
Dey iz simply duin' whut dey iz tole, an' goin' ware dem iz tole tu
goze.

Fangu.

--- Onyx (and Unca Cory)

--
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget;
the wise forgive but do not forget."

Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973) "Personal Conduct"

Old May 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On May 26, 2:40 pm, Cory wrote:
Pawpa an' mineownself wuld lyke tu sez fangu tu owrz kuntree'z veteranz
fur da sakrifysez dat dey haf had tu mayk onna behaf uf purrtecktin'
ussez hoomanz an' petz. Reegardlezz uf how hoomanz feel abowt whut'z
happenin' ofurseez, da hoomanz dat iz dere need tu be tole dat dey iz
appurr-she-ated., simply beclawz it wuzzint DERE ideer tu go an' fite.
Dey iz simply duin' whut dey iz tole, an' goin' ware dem iz tole tu
goze.

Ourown Uncl Bill iz a vetrun. Wee feenkz hee iz pritty cool butted he
don talk abowt da hole fing, so we don't gnow annyfing bout it. Cept
dat his platoom had a d*g mascot name Rowdy Jennie hoo bited sumwun
wunce an had to be hided for TOO DAYS, so gno wun cud punish
herownself.

--
WooToo
"Reach out your paw if yoor bole be empty

Old May 26th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Maggy My all free of uzenz likez diz ferry muchez. "Reach out your paw if
yoor bole be empty If yoor bole iz full may it bee agen. Let it bee gnown
der iz a kat-tree Dat wuz gnot bilt by da hand of men." Dat iz realli
Kewel. Piglet coping this into her notebook.

Old May 27th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Pawpa an' mineownself wuld lyke tu sez fangu tu owrz kuntree'z veteranz
fur da sakrifysez dat dey haf had tu mayk onna behaf uf purrtecktin'
ussez hoomanz an' petz. Reegardlezz uf how hoomanz feel abowt whut'z
happenin' ofurseez, da hoomanz dat iz dere need tu be tole dat dey iz
appurr-she-ated., simply beclawz it wuzzint DERE ideer tu go an' fite.
Dey iz simply duin' whut dey iz tole, an' goin' ware dem iz tole tu
goze.

Fangu.

--- Onyx (and Unca Cory)

I thank the PawPaw efurry day for doing eighteen months in the Army
(he was drafted) but he just tells me to stop shouting at him!

Kitty Schottland

In case you're wondering, my dad didn't go to Viet-Nam. He served in
Baumholder, (West) Germany 1964 - 1966.

I tried thanking him for his service, but he doesn't take compliments
well.

Debby
Old May 27th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

My son and daughter were both in the Navy for 10 years, I talked to them
and thanked them for their service. Both said, separately but just as
strong. "Why you thanking us Mom you told us to do that or work at
McDonalds because we weren't interested in collage.". They were both in
the Persian gulf deal.

I really didn't have an answer but at the time, it seemed the only thing for
them to do. They both loved their time in, spite of the bad that goes with
it.

Old May 27th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On May 26, 11:12*pm, "Granby" wrote:
My son and daughter were both in the Navy for 10 years, *I talked to them
and thanked them for their service. *Both said, separately but just as
strong. *"Why you thanking us Mom you told us to do that or work at
McDonalds because we weren't interested in collage.". * * They were both in
the Persian gulf deal.

I really didn't have an answer but at the time, it seemed the only thing for
them to do. *They both loved their time in, spite of the bad that goes with
it."

I volunteered for the Army the day I got out of college. I had trouble
with authority my whole life and I really had trouble BEING the
authority when I got through OCS. I went to Vietnam and was in combat.
I was nearly court-martialed once. I think I saw most of the "bad that
goes with it." In a wierd sort of "life imitates art" thing, I was
never injured overseas but I was hit by a vehicle in a training
exercise at Fort Knox six weeks after I got back.

But I have to say I enjoyed my time in the service and that would
include Vietnam. I would love to go back to the Central Highlands in
peacetime.

--
Will in New Haven

[...]

Debby- Hide quoted text -

Purrz fur Onyx... Cory Cat community 22 June 1st 07 06:22 AM
Purrz fur a d*g Tabitha Fluffytail Cat community 14 December 3rd 06 07:35 AM
More purrz... Cory Cat community 8 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Sum Purrz Pleeze Boogie's Mom Cat community 8 May 29th 06 06:00 AM
PURRZ!!! Boogie's Mom Cat community 4 October 18th 03 07:43 AM