Elvis is gone :(

Old February 23rd 05, 10:01 PM
BuZZard

"ElvisRocks" wrote in
message ...
| I'll spare you my wrath, asshole! I'm sure my
friends here will
| rip you a new one for me. Troll!

I sent you good wishes.. your kitty is in a good
place..
but we can't worry about that cat now.. we have to
focus on you.. I merely pointed out how to help
yourself
out of your pain. The sooner you get a kitty, the
easier it
will be. I was sincere in my suggestions. I
found by
re-reading post about such a sad subject.. it
prolongs
the greif. Do what you want.
Thank you for the troll comment.. I live for them.

| Do yourself a favor.. back away from the
computer

Old February 23rd 05, 10:36 PM
.oO rach Oo.

This was absolutely beautiful. I have read the poem many times but this was
that much better. Thank you.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Phil P." wrote in message

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their

ICU
and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was

without
a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his prognosis

was
still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go. He was still
purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling him how much

Ioved
him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted me and I let him
go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will

bury
him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most

people
would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my

buddy -
always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Carol,

Only his painful body is gone. His spirit is now all well and happy again
and living in a very special place in your heart. There he'll live happily
forever as long as you keep his spirit alive in your heart.

I hope you find peace in the knowledge that you were there for him and you
did the best thing for him when he needed you the most. Your memories of
him can't be clouded by guilt or doubts because you know you did
everything
you could for him. He could not want more from his best friend.

Here's a special place I go to, I hope it will comfort you as much as it
has
comforted me many times:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Difficult to explain, but I feel a personal loss.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Phil

Old February 23rd 05, 10:52 PM
A.Pismo Clam

Dear Carol,

Your love for Elvis transcends his passing, as does his love for you. He
came into your life to bless you in so many ways. That was his gift to you.

As you recall all of the wonderful things he did in his life to make him
so special to you, remember his joy as expressions of gratitude. It's
apparent that Elvis was so very grateful to be in such a loving home!

You have been such a blessing to him by being a dear, attentive and
loving caregiver. Cat lovers give of themselves endlessly and
completely. How else can we be?

It is my prayer that I will have someone just like you by my side when
it is my time to make my transition...

Special blessings,

Alain

Old February 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
kitkat

ElvisRocks wrote:
Phil - that website was beautiful but I'm crying buckets again.

Yeah. Me too.

sniffles,
Pam
-still thinking of Carol and Elvis
Old February 24th 05, 01:07 AM
Noon Cat Nick

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood,
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
--W. H. Auden

================================

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. Crowned
With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned.

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew,
A formula, a phrase remains, --- but the best is lost.

The answers quick & keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love,
They are gone. They have gone to feed the roses. Elegant and curled
Is the blossom. Fragrant is the blossom. I know. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses in the
world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
--Edna St. Vincent Millay

================================

Strange that so small mortality should leave
So large an emptiness! for as we grieve
Your little life of few but happy years
Ended for us, one who could understand
Each subtle word, and answer hand with hand
Had hardly taken greater toll of tears.

Yet why should we not mourn for as a friend?
That name was yours; if every man would spend
His life as well, earth were not hard to save.
Grant that God made your heart and brain but small.
What more has an archangel than his all?
And all God gave to you, to us you gave.
--Amelia Josephine Burr

================================

Our rooms are very still today,
The loneliness...a void;
That dented pillow mutely mourns
Companionship...destroyed!
That fluffy ball of purring fur--
My comfort--subtle teacher--
Has left a tender tolerance
For every living creature.
My traits and faults were audited
By questioning, loving eyes;
All tests of friendship were fulfilled
By trust that verified.
--Nellie Baldwin Rudser

================================

I believe that the loss of a beloved companion animal is like no other
loss because our relationships with animals are like no other. Our
culture tells us that an animal companion is an engaging toy, and that
our grief over its death is alarming and ill-paced. And our culture is
just flat wrong....Animals are more to us than we know. Their
partnership with us is a holy one that endures across a lifetime and
possibly beyond.
--Susan Chernak McElroy

================================

I shall walk in the sun alone
Whose golden light you loved:
I shall sleep alone
And, stirring, touch an empty place:
I shall write uninterrupted
(Would that your gentle paw
Could stay my moving pen just once again!).

I shall see beauty
But none to match your living grace:
I shall hear music
But not so sweet as the droning song
With which you loved me.

I shall fill my days
But I shall not, cannot forget:
Sleep soft, dear friend,
For while I live you shall not die.
--Michael Joseph

================================

Comrades of our past were they,
Of that unreturning day.
Changed and aging, they and we
Dwelt, it seemed, in sympathy.
Alway from their presence broke
Somewhat which remembrance woke
Of the loved, the lost, the young--
Yet they died, and died unsung....

Fare thee well, companion dear!
Fare for ever well, nor fear,
Tiny though thou art, to stray
Down the uncompanion'd way!
We without thee, little friend,
Many years have not to spend;
What are left, will hardly be
Better than we spent with thee.
--Matthew Arnold

================================

Since you have gone the sun has left the sky,
No breezes blow,
No birds sing
To ease the aching vacuum in my heart.
I shall not forget your gentle ways;
No judgements made,
No difficult demands,
No needs save one,
To share your life with mine.
Now kind, uncomprehending people say,
"Cheer up, you'll love another pet some day."
--Hilda Lunn

================================

Pet was never mourned as you,
Purrer of the spotless hue,
Plumy tail, and wistful gaze
While you humoured our queer ways,
Or outshrilled your morning call
Up the stairs and through the hall--
Foot suspended in its fall--
While, expectant, you would stand
Arched, to meet the stroking hand;
Till your way you chose to wend
Yonder, to your tragic end.

Never another pet for me!
Let your place all vacant be;
Better blankness day by day
Than companion torn away.
Better bid his memory fade,
Better blot each mark he made,
Selfishly escape distress
By contrived forgetfulness,
Than preserve his prints to make
Every morn and eve an ache.

From the chair whereon he sat
Sweep his fur, nor wince thereat;
Rake his little pathways out
Mid the bushes roundabout;
Smooth away his talons' mark
From the claw-worn pine-tree bark,
Where he climbed as dusk embrowned,
Waiting us who loitered round.

Strange it is this speechless thing
Subject to our mastering,
Subject for his life and food
To our gift, and time, and mood;
Timid pensioner of us Powers,
His existence ruled by ours,
Should--by crossing at a breath
Into safe and shielded death,
By the merely taking hence
Of his insignificance--
Loom as largened to the sense,
Shape as part, above man's will,
Of the Imperturbable.

As a prisoner, flight debarred,
Exercising in a yard,
Still retain I, troubled, shaken,
Mean estate, by him forsaken;
And this home, which scarcely took
Impress from his little look,
By his faring to the Dim
Grows all eloquent of him.

Housemate, I can think you still
Bounding to the window-sill,
Over which I vaguely see
Your small mound beneath the tree,
Showing in the autumn shade
That you moulder where you played.
--Thomas Hardy

================================

When humans die, they make a will
To leave their homes, and all they
Have to those they love.
I too would make a will, if I could write.
To some poor, wistful, lonely stray
I'd leave my happy home,
My dish, my cozy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy,
The well-loved lap,
The gently stroking hand,
The loving voice,
The place I made in someone's heart,
The love, that at the last
Could help me to a peaceful, painless end
Held in loving arms.
If I should die,
Oh! Do not say:
"No more a pet I'll have
To grieve me by its loss."
Seek out some lonely, unloved cat
And give my place to him.
This is my legacy,
The love I leave behind,
'Tis all I have to give.
--Margaret Trowton

================================

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold him close in your arms tonight.
--Bianca Bradbury

================================

Dancing ribbons pushed by time
Float through an old kitten's dreams.
He chases them into eternity,
And catches them,
As they change into angels' wings.
--Daryl Douglas Foyer

================================

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you...
I loved you so--
'twas Heaven here with you.
--Isla Paschal Richardson

================================

Farewell, my friends, yet not farewell,
Where I go you too shall dwell.
I am gone before your face,
A moment's time, a little space.
When you come where I have stepped,
You will wonder why you wept.
--Edwin Arnold

================================

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room,
I am the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
--Mary K. Frye

================================

Aionía aftoú e mnéme--May his memory be eternal.
--from the Eastern Orthodox requiem service

================================

Warm summer sun
Shine kindly here,
Warm southern wind
Blow softly here,
Green sod above
Lie light, lie light--
Good night, dear heart,
Good night, good night.
--Robert Richardson, adapted from his poem "Annette" in _Willow and
Wattle_ (1893) by Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain) as the epitaph
for his daughter, Olivia Susan Clemens

Take care,
Nicholas
Old February 24th 05, 01:16 AM
Phil P.

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
This was absolutely beautiful. I have read the poem many times but this

was
that much better. Thank you.

Its the best one I've seen so far. Gets to me too.

Phil

Old February 24th 05, 02:07 AM
Karen

in article , Noon Cat Nick at
wrote on 2/23/05 7:07 PM:

These are wonderful. I have not seen them before.

Take care,
Nicholas

Old February 24th 05, 05:47 AM
ElvisRocks

Yep I would have & that's what MADE me take him there. I wouldn't have
been able
to live with myself had I not. I am glad that he was right though.
Although SOME people posting here think we should stick our pets in the
ground, get a
new one and get on with our lives, I know that the majority of you realize
that those of us
with HEARTS AND SOULS take time to grieve, as well we should.
I thank again all of you. I have had so many personal emails from people I
have only
recently met via this n.g. You can't imagine how much it means.

"Phil P." wrote in message

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
Thank you Phil & everyone. We are burying him in a little while. I put
pictures of him and
the Rainbow Bridge poem, etc. on the box. My heart is just crushed.
I was glad I went to UP and was also glad that my vet had said the same
thing.
My vet's office called me today (UP had called them to fax bloodwork
over)

&
said I just had to get a 2nd opinion, which they totally understood & I

said
I meant NO
disrespect to my vet, whom I've known for 30 years.

Carol, your loyality was to Elivis - not any vet. Had you not taken him
UP, you would have been second guessing and doubting your decision for the
rest of life.

So, tomorrow I'm taking
my other
cat, Randi, to get up to date shots because to adopt more kits they check

see if
you're up to date, which he is not. My vet has a couple youngsters for
adoption!

The best tribute you could pay to Elvis is saving another cat's life. You
might want to consider adopting a cat from a kill-shelter's death row
instead of from your vet. This way you'll be directly saving a cat's
life.
It would be like Elvis only moved on to make room in your heart and home
save a precious life that is about to end. To me, this gives a dearly
loved
cat's passing, meaning.

Alot of people have emailed me - it is hard to explain how you feel you

know
someone
and/or their pet in a short time.

I know exactly what you mean.

I never really was the same after my Randall died and I am quite sure
that
the same
will hold true now - even moreso. It's absolutely amazing what those
wonderful
creatures can do to our lives - and our hearts.

I, for one, know cats have enriched my life beyond description. I
couldn't
imagine living without cats - I wouldn't want to.

I miss him so much but I know I did the right thing by him.

Knowing you did the right thing and the best thing will keep your memories
clear of guilt and doubt. You memories of him will bring a smile and joy
perhaps a tear, but never a doubt.

My heart will
be broken
forever, though.

I'm not sure if time heals or if we just get used to the pain.

Thanks again.....Love, Carol

Take care, Carol.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old February 25th 05, 12:02 AM
Cartlon Shew

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:10:46 -0500, "ElvisRocks"
wrote:

[...]

Sorry for your loss.

Shouldn't the subject line read "Elvis has just left the building"
though?

Elvis has just left the building
those are his footprints right there....
Elvis has just left the building
To climb up that heavenly stair
The Angels all love him,
He brings them relief
With droplets of moisture
From his handkerchief!
Cher'bim 'n ser'phim
Whizz over his head --
Jesus, let him come back!
We don't want Elvis dead - FZ
Old February 25th 05, 01:08 AM
ElvisRocks

Oh sure, I'm in the mood for IDIOTIC insensitive little anecdotes like that
after
losing my best buddy.

wrote:

[...]

From his handkerchief!
Cher'bim 'n ser'phim
Whizz over his head --
Jesus, let him come back!
We don't want Elvis dead - FZ

another Elvis update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 22 February 23rd 05 10:47 AM
Elvis Update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 32 February 20th 05 09:21 PM
More Pix on Elvis site Bev Cat anecdotes 18 September 21st 04 08:23 PM
Elvis is Alive Bev Cat anecdotes 6 September 20th 04 08:24 PM
Persia as "Elvis" jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 03 06:03 PM