OT - Lovin' It

Old December 4th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Lovin' It

I am SO loving my new "kitchenette". I'm getting cold drinks, cooking,
making coffee and sandwiches... I didn't realize that Ben had gotten me
so (I don't know what the right word is, "intimidated" isn't it), that I
was just doing without things I really wanted just so I wouldn't hear
"Whaaaat Naaaow?!?" yelled at me whenever I called his name. Don't get
me wrong, I know it's got to be aggravating to have someone constantly
asking you to run and fetch - I would feel uncomfortable doing that even
with a paid employee. But it's SO nice to just be able to get up and do
it, or get it myself!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 4th 11, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I am SO loving my new "kitchenette". I'm getting cold drinks, cooking,
making coffee and sandwiches... I didn't realize that Ben had gotten me so
(I don't know what the right word is, "intimidated" isn't it), that I was
just doing without things I really wanted just so I wouldn't hear "Whaaaat
Naaaow?!?" yelled at me whenever I called his name. Don't get me wrong, I
know it's got to be aggravating to have someone constantly asking you to
run and fetch - I would feel uncomfortable doing that even with a paid
employee. But it's SO nice to just be able to get up and do it, or get it
myself!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

The word you're looking for might be conditioned. It's a natural reaction
to the "what now?" response. At some point you just stop asking because you
don't want to bother the other person. I completely understand. It's nice
to be able to be a little more self-reliant, isn't it? I'm glad this is
working out for you.

Jill

Old December 4th 11, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

CatNipped wrote in news:9k07fdF83gU1
@mid.individual.net:

I am SO loving my new "kitchenette". I'm getting cold drinks, cooking,
making coffee and sandwiches... I didn't realize that Ben had gotten me
so (I don't know what the right word is, "intimidated" isn't it), that I
was just doing without things I really wanted just so I wouldn't hear
"Whaaaat Naaaow?!?" yelled at me whenever I called his name. Don't get
me wrong, I know it's got to be aggravating to have someone constantly
asking you to run and fetch - I would feel uncomfortable doing that even
with a paid employee. But it's SO nice to just be able to get up and do
it, or get it myself!

How awful of him. If you love somebody, you don't yell "Whaaat naaaow?"
when they need you. Even if you think it, you keep it inside. My opinion
of him went further downhill.

Glad you won't have to hear that any more.

Bobble
Old December 4th 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 4, 7:51*am, Bobble wrote:

How awful of him. *If you love somebody, you don't yell "Whaaat naaaow?"
when they need you. *Even if you think it, you keep it inside. My opinion
of him went further downhill.

Ever been in that situation? I have and believe me it doesn't matter
how much I love Dave I said "Whaaaat naaaow?" more than once. (along
with "Remind me again- what did your last slave die of?"). Everyone
has a breaking point. Being asked however nicely and however much you
know the other person needs it done if you could "Cook breakfast?"
when it's 8.30am on a Saturday after a rotten week at work and all
you want to do is have a lie in with the cats isn't going down too
well however much you appreciate the other person needs you to do it

Believe me if I had kept it inside all that time I would have burst
several blood vessels. Carers have to vent sometimes

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 4th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 12/03/2011 08:24 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I am SO loving my new "kitchenette". I'm getting cold drinks, cooking,
making coffee and sandwiches... I didn't realize that Ben had gotten me
so (I don't know what the right word is, "intimidated" isn't it), that I
was just doing without things I really wanted just so I wouldn't hear
"Whaaaat Naaaow?!?" yelled at me whenever I called his name. Don't get
me wrong, I know it's got to be aggravating to have someone constantly
asking you to run and fetch - I would feel uncomfortable doing that even
with a paid employee. But it's SO nice to just be able to get up and do
it, or get it myself!

Like I keep reminding myself: What doesn't kill you makes you
stronger! Good wishes. MLB
Old December 4th 11, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/4/2011 11:54 AM, Lesley wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:51 am, wrote:

[...]

Yep, exactly. Being together for 25 years we've also gotten to that
butt-naked honesty that comes when the honeymoon has long been over.

The truth is it's hard on both of us. And however much this may be his
"job" since he isn't working so he can take care of me, it still gets to
be irritating... for *both* of us.

Old December 4th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/4/2011 12:22 PM, MLB wrote:
On 12/03/2011 08:24 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I am SO loving my new "kitchenette". I'm getting cold drinks, cooking,
making coffee and sandwiches... I didn't realize that Ben had gotten me
so (I don't know what the right word is, "intimidated" isn't it), that I
was just doing without things I really wanted just so I wouldn't hear
"Whaaaat Naaaow?!?" yelled at me whenever I called his name. Don't get
me wrong, I know it's got to be aggravating to have someone constantly
asking you to run and fetch - I would feel uncomfortable doing that even
with a paid employee. But it's SO nice to just be able to get up and do
it, or get it myself!

Like I keep reminding myself: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Good wishes. MLB

I'm still loving it, but boy today I'm feeling it. I haven't been up
and about, much less doing chores, in a long, long time and my muscles
(especially my stomach muscles) are screaming at me this morning - and
kept me up most of the night!

Old December 4th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 4, 11:27*am, CatNipped wrote:

.. *Being together for 25 years we've also gotten to that
butt-naked honesty that comes when the honeymoon has long been over.

We've been together 33 years and I know what you mean- we've been
through let's see
5 redudancies
3 parental losses
2 losses of close friends
4 losses of feline owners
5 near evictions
1 actual eviction (Our 5th or 6th date)
1 major hospital stay then months of aftercare
3 house moves
Multiple near misses on the bankrupcy front
1 minor cancer scare

I think we can yell at each other from time to time- we've earned it

Old December 4th 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 7:51 am, Bobble wrote:

[...]

When I came here to take care of my parents Mom was still ambulatory. After
Dad died she took to her bed. I can understand that; she'd been married for
57 years so naturally she was depressed and despondent. But that didn't
mean she couldn't get out of bed. She simply chose not to. I bought baby
monitors in case she needed anything in the middle of the night. That
didn't mean I wanted to wake up hearing her say, "Where's my coffee?" at
6AM. It gets very tiring being a full-time care giver. It takes a lot of
energy trying to meet someone elses' needs 24/7. And yes, sometimes I
needed to vent.

I think it's great Lori is taking advantange of her new "kitchenette"
situation.

Jill

Old December 4th 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/4/2011 1:54 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Dec 4, 11:27 am, wrote:

. Being together for 25 years we've also gotten to that
butt-naked honesty that comes when the honeymoon has long been over.

We've been together 33 years and I know what you mean- we've been
through let's see
5 redudancies
3 parental losses
2 losses of close friends
4 losses of feline owners
5 near evictions
1 actual eviction (Our 5th or 6th date)
1 major hospital stay then months of aftercare
3 house moves
Multiple near misses on the bankrupcy front
1 minor cancer scare

I think we can yell at each other from time to time- we've earned it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Gawds, I'm not even going to try to list the things we've been through
and survived - but same here. ;