Elvis is gone :(

Old February 23rd 05, 01:16 AM
ElvisRocks

(meaning in comparison to other cats I've lost).....

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
Thank you everybody. This hurts SO much more than I thought it would.

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their
ICU and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was
without a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his
prognosis was still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go.
He was still purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling
him how much Ioved him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted
me and I let him go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will
bury him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most
people would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my
buddy - always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without
him.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:26 AM
Mary

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
(meaning in comparison to other cats I've lost).....

Each loss is different, feline and human and others. I hope when your heart
has healed you may find a little corner for another cat who needs you. You
can never replace Elvis, but there are so many others in need who would love
the chance to be your kitty.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:37 AM
.oO rach Oo.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something to say that
could make you feel better but there isn't. Eventually you will take a bit
of comfort in the wonderful life you gave Elvis.

Take care

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:37 AM
soft

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:10:46 -0500, "ElvisRocks"
wrote:

[...]

Sometimes letting go (as much as it breaks the heart) is the right
thing to do for the cat. I think that you show more love in not
letting him suffer, which is what he trusted you to do, showed love
and courage. I am sure that you did your best for the little purr baby
but it was time to let him go - and you let your heart break to do
just that for him.

I am sorry for your loss....

Karryl

http://www.elexorr.com/~soft/index.html
http://www.elexorr.com/~soft/Mat/index.htm
http://www.elexorr.com/~soft/cats/index.htm

"If a man is a fool, you don't train him out of being a fool by sending him to university. You merely turn him into a trained fool, ten times more dangerous."
----Desmond Bagley.
Old February 23rd 05, 01:47 AM
ElvisRocks

I have another cat, Randi - age 4 - a beautiful DLH black with tiny white
vest.
He's eating ok today but kind of acting weird. I am SURE I will get another
cat (or two).
I know I'm a good CatMom. But no cat will ever replace Elvis in my house
or in my heart.
Carol (still crying but trying to go to bed & sleep)....

news:1109121856.cc9303371e9104bfa4e663487e60ef3b@t eranews...

Old February 23rd 05, 01:57 AM
Mary

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
I have another cat, Randi - age 4 - a beautiful DLH black with tiny white
vest. He's eating ok today but kind of acting weird.

He misses Elvis plus he is tuned in to your feelings now. Cats are so
intuitive.

I am SURE I will get another
cat (or two).

That's good. When you are ready, you will make a world of difference
to a cat that is wonderful in its own right. Elvis would want you to.

I know I'm a good CatMom. But no cat will ever replace Elvis in my house
or in my heart.
Carol (still crying but trying to go to bed & sleep)....

Be very good to yourself and gentle with yourself now. If you're like me
you'll
cry every day for a while. Avoid non-animal people if you can, and if you
can't
don't even mention Elvis. They never get it, and it's worse feeling like an
alien while grieving. "The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the
more joy you can contain." Kahlil Gibran.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:59 AM
ElvisRocks

I went through that when I lost Randall - people saying oh, it's only a cat!
I didn't mince words with them. I was semi dysfunctional for about a month
when I
lost Randall. I can't even imagine what losing Elvis will do to me.
Thanks

news:1109123740.c33aea23372ccb46aec0d662dec7942b@t eranews...

Old February 23rd 05, 02:38 AM

I really sympathize. It's terribly hard to let go of a beloved
companion like Elvis was. They leave a tremendous empty place in our
homes and hearts.

I would say that you have nothing to feel guilty for, in the light of
how sick Elvis was, and how poor his prognosis was. You gave him a
gentle, humane end and you were with him, telling him how much you
loved him as he slipped away. I think it was the most merciful thing
to do for him at that point in time.

What you do now is remember him with love, and tell yourself repeatedly
that you did the kindest thing for him, which was to let him go, rather
than let him struggle on while he was feeling so poorly.

And then... after some time has passed, you find yourself a new cat to
love and be a worthy successor to Elvis.

Melsisa

Old February 23rd 05, 04:42 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

I'm so sorry. Sometimes they're so sick that the kindest gift we can give
them is peace. Please, take good care of yourself while mourning. You did
the best you could.

On 2005-02-22, ElvisRocks penned:
[...]

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

another Elvis update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 22 February 23rd 05 10:47 AM
Elvis Update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 32 February 20th 05 09:21 PM
More Pix on Elvis site Bev Cat anecdotes 18 September 21st 04 08:23 PM
Elvis is Alive Bev Cat anecdotes 6 September 20th 04 08:24 PM
Persia as "Elvis" jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 03 06:03 PM