OT YAY!!!

Old June 20th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OT YAY!!!

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I would guess it means "belt and suspenders" indicating someone who is very
cautious and doesn't rely on just one means of support/help/aid/etc.

--

Exactly.
I have several means of heating/ cooking and I consider it essential to make

Old June 20th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

--
Adrian

My s i l will take me to the bank tomorrow. It's of minor importance to
me, since I DROVE Mr F! OK, not far.But he has been languishing on my
drive since March. June has driven me out in him twice so he does not
die. He is such a good car. Starts first time still, every time. He is
elderly, but he is reliable. Mr F rocks.
Tweed

So do you. It's good that you're letting your s i l drive you for now,
though. You can afford to wait a while now you know for sure you will be
able to drive. How old is Mr. F?

Joy

1996, I think he was born then.
Tweed

Old June 21st 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

My s i l will take me to the bank tomorrow. It's of minor importance
me, since I DROVE Mr F! OK, not far.But he has been languishing on my
drive
since March. June has driven me out in him twice so he does not die.
He is
such a good car. Starts first time still, every time. He is elderly,
but
he is reliable. Mr F rocks.
Tweed

It will be nice when you can get back to driving him yourself, without
pain, it sounds like it won't be too much longer.
--
Adrian
Old June 21st 11, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

--
Adrian

My s i l will take me to the bank tomorrow. It's of minor importance
to me, since I DROVE Mr F! OK, not far.But he has been languishing on
my drive since March. June has driven me out in him twice so he does
not die. He is such a good car. Starts first time still, every time.
He is elderly, but he is reliable. Mr F rocks.
Tweed

So do you. It's good that you're letting your s i l drive you for now,
though. You can afford to wait a while now you know for sure you will be
able to drive. How old is Mr. F?

Joy

1996, I think he was born then.
Tweed

That's a respectable age. I traded in my 1986 Corolla on a 2000, which I
still have. Since I'm 75 years old and have only about 62,000 miles on for
driving before it is.

Joy

Old June 21st 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

1996, I think he was born then.

That's a respectable age. I traded in my 1986 Corolla on a 2000, which I
still have. Since I'm 75 years old and have only about 62,000 miles on for
driving before it is.

I have a 1997 Corolla, which I bought in 2002. It has over 200K miles on
it, has a side-view mirror held on with duct tape, a seatbelt that requires
a major ritual in order to put it on and take it off every time I drive, a
sun visor with a hole in it, so that the powdery stuff inside it rains out
every time I move it. (I tried duct tape on that, but the intense sunlight
through the windshield melted the glue.) I'm not willing to spend money to
repair or replace those things. I also have an unusuable spare tire, which
I am willing to replace, but haven't gotten around to it. Yeah, I know.

But it drives great, and even gets decent milage. So until that's no longer
true, I'm keeping it.

Joyce

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
Old June 21st 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

We bought a used car and haven't used it since almost the minute we got it
(we repaired it a couple of times, but the last time it died it just wasn't
worth the money it would take to fix it). Our, fairly new - 5-6 yo truck
still runs just fine, but not only does it get lousy mileage, it has *NO*
shock absorbers so it's pure torture for me to ride in. Of all the bad
decisions in my life, and I've made some doozies, that truck is in the top
five.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

1996, I think he was born then.

Old June 21st 11, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_3_]

On Jun 20, 5:47*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

...I would guess it means "belt and suspenders" indicating someone who is very
cautious and doesn't rely on just one means of support/help/aid/etc.

--

Exactly.
I have several means of heating/ cooking and I consider it essential to make
sure about that.
It's very important to make sure you can survive.
I also keep a well stocked cupboard and freezer, I did that when I was
working and I am living on *it now.

Oh I see! We subscribe to that approach, too. I've turned my study
bath into a secondary pantry.
Old June 21st 11, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

1996, I think he was born then.

[...]

I understand completely. The Corolla may not be the best car ever made, but
I'd take a lot of convincing.

Joy

Old June 21st 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 20, 1:33*pm, "MaryL" wrote:

Concerning the bank card: *Something similar happened to my sister. *Those
machines will eat your card unless you remove it very quickly. *

I avoid a certain type of cash point in the UK (they are getting rarer
so I am not the only one) the ones that apparently in order to reduced
card fraud (beats me how) have cowling that covers all but a quarter
of the card slot so when it comes out there's just a corner of the
card accesible to withdraw it. Unoffically (a friend of mine who works
for the bank involved) the cowling has tendency to move forward after
repeated uses- officially this is not true. The end result was I once
had a card come out with so little of the card showing I would have
needed six inch fingernails (at least) to get it out so after a minute
or so it popped back in....I had to wait hours for the bank to open,
made myself very late for work (Luckily my boss at that time as soon
as he heard the words "Bank trouble" swore about banks generally and
told me not to worry!). they couldn't apologise enough for it-just
give them say a credit card to prove I was the cardholder and they'd
get it out of the machine for me.....they weren't quite so friendly
when I admitted it wasn't my card- it was Dave's (Dave handles some
expenses around here and as he can't be asked to go to a cashpoint I
have his card and PIN- equally when I sprained my ankle a few years
back (Not when Dunzi tripped me up before that) he had my card and
PIN). He got a nasty phone call and letter about "compromising his
PIN" (I am not going to rip him off I know how little he's actually
worth!) and had to get a new card

The best one was a few years ago when I put my card into the machine
outside my own branch and it got eaten which was a pain as it was in
the evening and the bank was closed so I had to go the next morning
only to find when I finally got to the desk- the assistant manager
(Whom I knew he was a good guy) as soon as I opened my mouth said "Oh
no not you as well"- a software fault had caused the machine to eat
(and destroy the plastic strip so a new card needed to be issued) of
every card put in there- he'd already (this was less than an hour
after the bank had opened) had 40+ people come in about it and he
thought a lot of people would go to their local bank.

It's quite an amazing thought how often these things get used- the
cashpoint in question is on a main road but it's not near a big
shopping centre and he later told me as a result of the software
fault- over 700 cards had to be replaced

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 21st 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 20, 1:57*pm, Adrian wrote:
I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

I've been able to do it over the phone recently- my big problem these
days is the bank or credit card company stopping my card and not
having the common courtesy to warn me. A year or so back my
Mastercard after a shop I'd used was robbed and the robbers ignored
the money (apparently this is on the increase) in favour of used card
machine rolls and as I'd used the card in that shop that day stopped
my card- ten out of ten for being on the ball but zero out of ten for
not telling me so when I next tried to use the card.....