How Old Is Your Cat?

Old April 23rd 05, 09:17 PM
M.C. Mullen

I gave up when I was 3.3 years older than I am, And I had not even reached
the fitness section yet ...

Carola

"Mel" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: GAH!
:
: The temptation was too great! Fine for Osker! He is 26.6 years younger
: than the average "cat-age".
: I take the Real Age test - - - I am 4.2 years OLDER than reality!!!!
Maybe
: it's time to start eating MediCal and Walthams!!
:
: Mel
:
: --
:
:
: "Philip" wrote in message
: nk.net...
: Some of you have probably taken the people version of Real Age. Now
: they've got a version for pets (cats). The questions are formulated
from
: actuary tables.
:
: http://www.catage.com/
:
:
:
:

Old April 24th 05, 10:21 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:23:27 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Some of you have probably taken the people version of Real Age. Now they've
got a version for pets (cats). The questions are formulated from actuary
tables.

http://www.catage.com/

Extremely long, and some of the questions don't have enough options
for the answers.

For example, getting along with other cats - there were no choices in
between playing all the time and ignore/disinterested.

Well, my cat is 18. His idea of playing is batting at my hand. He does
not play with other cats. But he does snuggle, and he does groom his
buddy. He doesn't just ignore them, but he doesn't play with them
either.

And for joint pain, it asked if I give a prescription - yes or no.
Well, technically, it's not a prescription. It's an over teh counter
supplement. But it came across as giving nothing.

Anyway, it says he is 87.1 years, only a half year younger than
typical for his cat age, which is not very realistic since he is doing
quite well for his age. No medical or behavior issues. Just arthritis,
which is treated.

It says he doesn't get enough exercise, but they listed exercise as
play. It didn't ask how much he wanders around the house, and goes up
and down the stairs all day. And they docked him on nutrition,
probably since I included some people food (veggies and cooked
meat).But he gets a premium senior food and canned food.

The only fault I see in his health is being a tad underweight. But
otherwise, I would say he is in better health than many cats younger
than him. Hell, what percentage actually makes it to 18 years old.
Clearly, he's doing better than all the cats who died at younger ages.

So, for all that effort, I thought the results were a bit odd.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography