my grandma (ot)

Old March 20th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default my grandma (ot)

PatM wrote:
Been there. Purrs for you and your family.
Is there absolutely no way to go see your grandma?

PatM

1. If I go, mom and dad have to leave her alone for 5 hours or more to
come get me at the airport.
2. I have no money--I'm going on a work trip to England in six days
and it's cleaned out my bank account completely. I'm eating out of
cans because I have no money to go out and buy fresh food. (When I get
back from England I'll have scholarship payment so I'll be ok then...)
3. Mom and Dad seem to not want me to come home.

I didn't go home in the ten days my other grandmother was dying either,
but she had 7 other grandkids and 4 sons...and I didn't go home for the
funeral. Again, no money and that sense from my family that I wasn't
needed/wanted.

but also, Grandma Cora always keeps telling me not to go to Ontario to
visit because she worries about me on the airplane. Knowing I am
flying has triggered depressions in her before, and at this point, it
might kill her...if I did try, I would have to not tell her until I
arrived, and I have no money and I am dependent on my parents to come
get me at the airport because buses dont' go to our remote area and...

I think it would be harder on Grandma now to put her at the center of a
war to try to make my parents help me come to see her. They are taking
care of her. I got to talk to her on the phone.

Gods, I don't know. This is the woman I love more than anyone else in
the world, and yet somehow it doesn't feel right to try to go home
(particularly if she dies on my way home or whatever...and my coming
just gives mom and dad more stress and takes them away from caring for
grandma.) I don't know what she would want me to do.

--Fil

Old March 20th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hope you did when you talked to her.

Always. I wrote her a letter every week, phoned her every week, saw
her at Yuletime.

--Fil

Old March 20th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
PatM wrote:
Been there. Purrs for you and your family.
Is there absolutely no way to go see your grandma?

PatM

Ok, update. Apparently my grandma has made it crystal clear to the
nurses etc that she does not want me coming home from Halifax to see
her in this state.

I want to do what is best for her. If she would rather not "Disturb"
me then I will respect that wish and continue to talk to her via phone.

--Mary

Old March 20th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs times three for your wonderful grandmother and for you. My prayers
and thoughts are with you and she as well.
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...
My grandma is in the hospital. She was having trouble breathing and is
now on oxygen and pills to get fluid out of her lungs. She is getting
weaker and weaker, and she is 94, and my dad says it doesn't look good.

My grandma hates being dependent on everyone and being almost blind and
I know she is not having a good time of it any more. How supremely
selfish of me would it be for me to tell her not to die because I dont'
want to be sad, when if it is her time I have to let her go without
anger or regret. She has raised me to 28+ years, and I have other
friends now to support me, I'm not dependent on just her any more.

I am out here in Halifax and she is 1000 miles away. I phoned and my
mom held up the phone so I could talk to her. She is very weak, she
could only listen for about 2 minutes. 2 minutes to try to say thank
you and i'll be okay to the person who guided me through a hard
childhood and adolescence.

My mom and dad are with her. my mom has been pretty good to her for
the past ten years, for all they fought before hand, but it is also
hard, considering what Grandma and I shared without Mom's involvement
(or sometimes because my mom was being the problem)

Could I get some purrs for my grandma?

Tyche is on my lap right now, purring away. She knows I am sad.

--Fil

Old March 20th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for Gramdma to have as easy a time over whatever her future holds as
possible.

And purrs for you. I know you aren't "done" with her yet, but then again
you never will be really. So purrs and prayers for peace and acceptance and
wonderful memories. She will always be a part of who you are.

I feel my Grandmother with me, and remember the blessing of the time I had
her often. She is in my dreams and in my life. Even though she died almost
fifty years ago.

Jo

Old March 20th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-19 15:08:45 -0600, "Enfilade" said:

[...]

Purrs for your Grandma and for you. Your sweet post brought me to tears
and I feel so bad for you that you cannot go to her.

Old March 20th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-19 17:42:23 -0600, "Enfilade" said:

but also, Grandma Cora always keeps telling me not to go to Ontario to
visit because she worries about me on the airplane. Knowing I am
flying has triggered depressions in her before, and at this point, it
might kill her...if I did try, I would have to not tell her until I
arrived, and I have no money and I am dependent on my parents to come
get me at the airport because buses dont' go to our remote area and...

I tell you what, that alone means you are doing the right thing. There
is no point in putting stress on her in this condition. I hope you can
talk to her again though, even if it is only 2 minutes. But don't make
her worry. Lord knows no matter what, they DO, almost obsessively. If
something went wrong on the shushing end and she found out, it would
definitely not make her any more peaceful worrying about you.
((((HUGS)))))

Old March 20th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...
My grandma is in the hospital. She was having trouble breathing and is
now on oxygen and pills to get fluid out of her lungs. She is getting
weaker and weaker, and she is 94, and my dad says it doesn't look good.

Big purrs and peaceful thoughts to you both.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 20th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

Could I get some purrs for my grandma?

Tyche is on my lap right now, purring away. She knows I am sad.

Lots of purrs both for your Grandma, for you and your family.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 20th 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:43:48 -0800, Enfilade wrote:

Hope you did when you talked to her.

Always. I wrote her a letter every week, phoned her every week, saw
her at Yuletime.

being a grandmother and also a great grandmother, I feel the least stress
when I know they are all in their own homes and not out traveling
somewhere. Purrs for peace for all of you. MLB

OT Bare kitten Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 42 August 31st 05 11:46 PM
Poor Ranger! Dan M Cat anecdotes 8 June 18th 05 06:21 AM
Looking back... (kinda OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 January 23rd 05 10:15 AM