Abelard reaches normal weight

Old September 13th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Abelard reaches normal weight

Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and he
still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5 lbs.
that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're mighty
pleased!

Old September 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal
for an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would
feel better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and
he still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5
lbs. that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're
mighty pleased!

Way to go Ab. It is so worrying when they are thin. And so noticeable is
the shorthairs.

Jo

Old September 13th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and he
still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5 lbs.
that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're mighty
pleased!

That's really good news. I know you were worried about him. Is it just
due to maybe his eating more, or did you change foods or give him
supplements?
Maybe with the weather cooler, he feels more like eating. I don't think
any animal eats well when it is so hot.

Sherry

Old September 13th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Good boy!! Pat, you must be feeding him the right things!!! Do you give him
an egg yolk every so often??If I'm really trying to 'fatten up' one of my
cats, I give them one every three or four days; not the egg white though;
it's not good for them. Anyway just my 2c hope he continues to put on
weight!!

Old September 13th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Pat wrote:
Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be
normal for an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more
pound I would feel better about his weight, because he seems to lose
it too easily, and he still looks thin to me, but this is a vast
improvement from the 7.5 lbs. that he dropped to when he was sick
earlier this year, and we're mighty pleased!

I'm very glad to hear it. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 14th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:30:38 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and he
still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5 lbs.
that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're mighty
pleased!

That is good news. Maybe you can feed him choice bits from your plate
to gain another pound. Or would you be making a mealtime monster like
mine? With Robin pawing at my shoulder and Sheba pawing at my leg, I
cannot eat a meal in peace and it is all my own fault.

--
CATherine
Old September 14th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"CATherine" wrote

wrote:

Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal
for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and he
still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5 lbs.
that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're mighty
pleased!

That is good news. Maybe you can feed him choice bits from your plate
to gain another pound. Or would you be making a mealtime monster like
mine? With Robin pawing at my shoulder and Sheba pawing at my leg, I
cannot eat a meal in peace and it is all my own fault.

I already feed choice bits - I think that's how I got him fattened up - and
he's already a mealtime monster of sorts. If I am very firm with him, he
will back down and wait patiently, but when he smells any fish he can be
*quite* persistent.

Old September 14th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Pat wrote:
Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to lose it too easily, and he
still looks thin to me, but this is a vast improvement from the 7.5 lbs.
that he dropped to when he was sick earlier this year, and we're mighty
pleased!

Good news, Pat. Hope he continues hale and hearty.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 15th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:53:01 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

"CATherine" wrote

wrote:

[...]

Oh, he is a fisherman! ;-) Now my cats would like to be chicken
farmers. They can smell a frozen chicken sealed in a bag!

Fish doesn't put the weight on like meat does. That is why it is good
for dieters and diabetics. Every time we have hamburger I give a
little of it to Sheba before I make the patties or the meatloaf. She
likes it raw. And it is good for the teeth.

--
CATherine