The eager Roadcat

Old February 6th 05, 03:14 PM
Dan M

Default The eager Roadcat

The last two or three weeks have been very unsettled for us. Due to the
slow freight at this time of year, my brother's surgery and mom's cancer
recurrence, etc. Harri and I have been spending a week or so at home
then a week or two on the road. She really likes her times at home, but
still has fun on the road as well.

We're now running the kind of load I used to hate - picked up in
Fairfield, CA on Thursday and delivers in Las Vegas on Monday. 5 days to
drive around 600 miles is a horrible waste of time. I normally run trips
like that in one long run then spend several days sitting around
twiddling my thumbs. This time, though, we're doing it as a series of
short runs. We spent Thursday night in Sacramento, Friday night in
Fowler, CA, Saturday night in Barstow, CA and will spend tonihgt (Friday
night) in Las Vegas. That gives us a chance to do kitten walks at a
variety of places.

This morning I got out of the bunk while it was still dark outside. I
guess Harri REALLY likes her dark walks better than her daylight walks.
As I sat in the driver seat putting my shoes on, Harri jumped onto the
dashboard, picked up her harness in her mouth, and jumped down to sit in
the driver-side footwell (sitting in the driver's footwell is her signal
that it's time for a walk). She always let's me know it's time for a
walk by sitting in the footwell, but she has never brought her harness
over before! I call that a bright kitten.

Dan
Old February 6th 05, 03:18 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:14:48 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

[...]

So sorry about your family's troubles-- and sending purrs for them--
but yes, your Harri is one smart little cookie.
Glad her company brings you such joy in such unsettled times.

Theresa

Old February 6th 05, 03:53 PM
CatNipped

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Ohmygawd! I've heard of d*gs doing that, but never a cat! Even though
Sammy loves to go shopping at PetsMart, she *hate* having her harness put
on. I just had to buy one that had snaps instead of buckles since she
squirms so much when I'm putting her in it.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 6th 05, 04:11 PM
kilikini

Dan M wrote:
[...]

ooooooooooh, I just call that sweet! Take her for a walk, darn it! LOL

kili

Old February 6th 05, 05:23 PM
Victor Martinez

Dan M wrote:
that it's time for a walk). She always let's me know it's time for a
walk by sitting in the footwell, but she has never brought her harness
over before! I call that a bright kitten.

What a good kitty!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 6th 05, 05:40 PM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
This morning I got out of the bunk while it was still dark outside. I
guess Harri REALLY likes her dark walks better than her daylight
walks. As I sat in the driver seat putting my shoes on, Harri jumped
onto the dashboard, picked up her harness in her mouth, and jumped
down to sit in the driver-side footwell (sitting in the driver's
footwell is her signal that it's time for a walk). She always let's
me know it's time for a walk by sitting in the footwell, but she has
never brought her harness over before! I call that a bright kitten.

Dan

She's just tooooo cute for words! What a bright girl! "Daddy, it's time
for walkies!"

Jill

Old February 6th 05, 07:49 PM
Marina

Dan M wrote:
This morning I got out of the bunk while it was still dark outside. I
guess Harri REALLY likes her dark walks better than her daylight walks.
As I sat in the driver seat putting my shoes on, Harri jumped onto the
dashboard, picked up her harness in her mouth, and jumped down to sit in
the driver-side footwell (sitting in the driver's footwell is her signal
that it's time for a walk). She always let's me know it's time for a
walk by sitting in the footwell, but she has never brought her harness
over before! I call that a bright kitten.

Aww, what a sweet and smart little girl she is!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 6th 05, 09:00 PM
Sam Nash

"Dan M" wrote in message
You *did* take her for her walk, didn't you? Sounds like she's doing a good
job of training you.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old February 6th 05, 10:16 PM
Dan M

Sam Nash wrote:
"Dan M" wrote in message
You *did* take her for her walk, didn't you? Sounds like she's doing a good
job of training you.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Oh, certainly! I wouldn't dream of keeping my codriver waiting when it's
so clearly time for a walk

We're going to do a midday walk as well today. We made it up to Las
Vegas and found parking space at the Flying J truck stop, so we're just
waiting until the Superbowl starts at 3:30 Pacific time to do our
walking. Neither Harri or I is even the least bit interested in any sort
of sporting events.

Dan