Hear ye, hear ye!

Old September 19th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Hear ye, hear ye!

I'll be scarce here for a while to come. Not sure how scarce or for how long
but probably enough to make a few of you eventually wonder 'what happened to
Pat', in the absence of any forewarning such as I am now providing.

I'm entering a contest with a handsome payoff if I win, and I'm fairly
confident that I can win because I'll be the sole contestant, and all I have
to do to win is perform a certain feat that I'm fairly confident I can
indeed perform. (Don't worry, I won't be skydiving through burning hoops or
anything dangerous at all.) So it's well worth the time to prepare for, but
the preparation will be taking so much of my time that I won't be able to do
more than lurk here occasionally (if at all).

Aside from the contest prep, I've got other stuff going on that is gobbling
my time in huge chunks. Most of it's got to do with the ongoing challenge of
making ends meet, which mostly has to do with the near-death of my car,
without the ability to work a regular job. Also since it's cooling off and
before it gets too cold I've got to make some way for the cats to safely go
outdoors; it's simply not fair to them to keep delaying that task.

I anticipate remaining in private contact with at least one regular rpca
poster but anyone else is always welcome to check in either by email or
phone. I sure wish the furballs could spend some of their abundant free time
reading rpca and keeping me updated on notable events, but alas, they
haven't learned to read well enough.

Until we "meet" again....

Pat, the unworthy slave of seven magnificent felines
( Abelard - Baby Eyes - Beatrice - Billy - Eli - Lily - Tommy )

Old September 19th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks for the heads up and I wish you well in the contest.

kili

Old September 19th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:56:51 -0500, "Pat"
yodeled:

I'll be scarce here for a while to come. Not sure how scarce or for how long
but probably enough to make a few of you eventually wonder 'what happened to
Pat', in the absence of any forewarning such as I am now providing.

I'm entering a contest with a handsome payoff if I win, and I'm fairly
confident that I can win because I'll be the sole contestant, and all I have
to do to win is perform a certain feat that I'm fairly confident I can
indeed perform. (Don't worry, I won't be skydiving through burning hoops or
anything dangerous at all.) So it's well worth the time to prepare for, but
the preparation will be taking so much of my time that I won't be able to do
more than lurk here occasionally (if at all).

(snip)

Purrs and all good things for you and your furballs.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 19th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debra Berry

Good luck with the contest. I definitely hope you win! Please post a
short
note when you can so we will know you are ok.

Debbie

Old September 19th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Good Luck in whatever life and it's events are being thrown your way! Stay
Safe..Stay Well... :-) Liz

"Pat" wrote in message
.. ( small snippet)
..

Old September 20th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
I'm entering a contest with a handsome payoff if I win, and I'm fairly
confident that I can win because I'll be the sole contestant, and all I have
to do to win is perform a certain feat that I'm fairly confident I can
indeed perform.

Good luck on American Idol, or Survivor, or whichever one you're
doing, and be sure to check back in when you're done.

Old September 20th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Pat wrote:
[...]

Good luck on the contest. We'll be here when you can return.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe