My sweet green-eyed baby girl

Old September 23rd 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default My sweet green-eyed baby girl

When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her with the other
hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds stop for a moment to
look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced like "mad" or "man" with the
last letter removed).

Old September 23rd 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:43:13 -0500, "Pat" wrote:

When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her with the other
hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds stop for a moment to
look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced like "mad" or "man" with the
last letter removed).

When I am sitting at the computer, sometimes Kenzie manages to stealthily *jump*
up into my lap. She puts her paws on the edge of the chair, and makes a very
careful leap, so land with zero velocity.

Suddenly, I have a cat in my lap!

Kenzie doesn't often seek attention; she usually gets plenty without having to
ask for it. But if I spend too long at the 'puter, there she will be.

This past year, she has been getting more affectionate.

One trick I pull on her is when I come home, and instead of scooping her up for
scritches, I ignore her little merrps! while I settle in for the evening.

When I sit down to watch some TV, Kenzie will jump up into my lap then.

Considering it took me *two years* to convince her it was OK to get up on the
sofa, it's a real treat having her in my lap. A full hour is rather rare,
unfortunately. But a few weeks ago, she stayed in my lap for a 3 hour movie!

How I miss my 2 RB kitties, who were consumate lap fungi. Sigh....

~~~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old September 23rd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will
crawl so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is
even there, and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her
with the other hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds
stop for a moment to look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced
like "mad" or "man" with the last letter removed).

She sounds like a real sweetheart! Persia has always been a cuddle-bug but
even more so these days.

Jill

Old September 23rd 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her with the other
hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds stop for a moment to
look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced like "mad" or "man" with the
last letter removed).

She is so cute! You have many adorable babies in your household.
This reminded me of one poster who wrote on RPCA nine years ago that
he had a cat who would "stalk" his lap like prey, so that she could
get on without him noticing.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...30e1a61bd32185

Old September 24th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

wrote:

When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her with the other
hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds stop for a moment to
look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced like "mad" or "man" with the
last letter removed).

AW! She sounds so precious. What a love.

--
CATherine
Old September 24th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Pat wrote:
When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If you pet her with the other
hand, she will continue licking, and every few seconds stop for a moment to
look into your eyes and say "ma" (pronounced like "mad" or "man" with the
last letter removed).

I was sitting in my comfy chair tonight watching a dvd, when Nina came
and sat in my lap to keep me company. She doesn't do this all that
often, and never stays very long, but it's very sweet and companionable
when she's there.

Francesca will pay me the same compliment sometimes, but even more
rarely than Nina does it. She prefers to lie on my upper abdomen and
chest when I'm reclinining in the chair, and expects a steady stream of
scritching, ear and under the chin rubbing, alternated with full body
caresses. But she purrs very nicely when I do this. =o)

Melissa