Quantity Cats - Quality Food

Old July 17th 03, 01:12 AM

Default Quantity Cats - Quality Food

I belong to a rescue group that fosters pets. We have alarge number of
cats and I was wondering if anyone knows a good quality food that isn't
expensive. Unfortunately our monetary donations are down but not the pet
donations. Everyone in the group has a different opinion of the best
food.

Old July 17th 03, 11:01 AM
Sherry

I belong to a rescue group that fosters pets. We have alarge number of
cats and I was wondering if anyone knows a good quality food that isn't
expensive. Unfortunately our monetary donations are down but not the pet
donations. Everyone in the group has a different opinion of the best
food.

This isn't the answer to your question, but just something to think about: If
your monetary donations are making it tough to purchase food, go for food
donations, and even specify the brand. Circulate a newsletter with photos and
successs stories and put a "wish list" in it. Many people will more quickly
offer food and litter donations than cash when they feel there's a need. (Maybe
they are afraid cash would be mis-spent) Take your literature also to Petsmart,
etc. and tell the manager your quandary. We've had some very good donations of
torn bags of both food & litter. Also make the same presentation to the manager
of any feed mill near you that manufactures pet food. We recently got a
1300-lb. donation from the Purina mill of dry food that was due to expire in
December. (The manager said he could not get it on the shelves, and sold to the
customers by that date). Much of it was Purina One, which the cats seem to like
and do well on.
One thing about working with shelters & shoestring budgets, you learn it never
hurts to ask. Good luck.

Sherry