Advice needed, worried about my cat (Sherry, Cheryl, protector etc)

Old February 25th 04, 09:50 PM
Mr Nangla

Default Advice needed, worried about my cat (Sherry, Cheryl, protector etc)

Hey Guys,

I need your advice; my my kittie 'Bee' indoor/outdoor, spayed female about 1
and 1/2 years hasn't eaten or drunk anything the entire day.

1. She came back last night about 2300 and wasn't playing/joining us in her
favourites games.

2. 0930 in the morning she threw up brownish vomit (the colour of her food)
that look liked a turd, she got up, went outside, acting normal and then
came in and has been asleep since.

3. It's now 2141; while stoking her on on her side (where the rib cage
starts, from the head side) she made a kind of soft growling noise when
slight pressure is appiled to that area, almost like gas. She is though
wagging her tail in a good way when I speak and stroke her.

Have you guys got any ideas what it is? We're going to the vet tomorrow
morning at 0930 for microchip, booster vaccination, regular deworm
pill/powder and flea spot-on thing anyway, but your advice, ideas,
experience etc would be great.

Cheers,

Sonny
London, England
http://community.webshots.com/album/67928229emuBlI

Old February 25th 04, 09:52 PM
Karen

"Mr Nangla" wrote in message
[...]

Nope. Vet is best thing. Please keep us posted. She may have been hurt.

Karen

Old February 25th 04, 11:33 PM
Sherry

Have you guys got any ideas what it is? We're going to the vet tomorrow
morning at 0930 for microchip, booster vaccination, regular deworm
pill/powder and flea spot-on thing anyway, but your advice, ideas,
experience etc would be great.

Cheers,

Sonny
London, England

Hi Sonny--sorry I don't have any possible diagnoses to offer, but one thing I
learned the hard way....
Don't let the vet vaccinate her if she is feeling badly. It's just so hard on
them when they're sick, then if they have a reaction to the vaccine, you don't
know whether it's the vaccine, or the original illness. Good luck to you and
your kitty. Please let us know what the vet says.

Sherry

Old February 26th 04, 12:27 AM
Alison

Hi Sonny,
The vomit "could|" have been a fur ball .
Is it normal for her to come home at 23.00? If it was later than
normal maybe something happened and she was hurt but only a vet will
be able to tell you .
Let us know how she is.
Alison

Old February 26th 04, 12:33 AM
Cathy Friedmann

That's exactly what I was thinking. Horked up hairballs often look like
pieces of poop. But then the other symptoms don't sound like a simple
hairball. So... I don't know what it could be, unless a combo of a simple
hairball, along w/ something else going on.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon