Found this under a truck!

Old July 2nd 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Found this under a truck!

Response to "Phil P." :

Look at that face!

WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
tricks on me?

Maybe she's just extra fuzzy? : P Sorry, my therapist says it's
therapeutic to ramble in comfortable settings.

Back to the face... sheesh she's cute. Is her name going to be Lil'
Darlin', for now?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old July 2nd 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "Phil P." :

Look at that face!

WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
tricks on me?

I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a somewhat
slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO (1600). The high ISO
noise reduction and shallow depth of field have a softening effect which I
think is more pleasing. Razor sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious -
it looks too rough and coarse.

See the difference:

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

Old July 2nd 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote in message

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "Phil P." :

Look at that face!

WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
tricks on me?

I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a somewhat
slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO (1600). The high ISO
noise reduction and shallow depth of field have a softening effect which I
think is more pleasing. Razor sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious -
it looks too rough and coarse.

See the difference:

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.

Old July 2nd 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message

"-Lost" wrote in message
[...]

I like slightly softer images of cats.

Old July 2nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote
She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.

I like slightly softer images of cats.

They're beautiful either way. My Gracie has ticked fur, as many of them
do.

Old July 2nd 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote
She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.

I like slightly softer images of cats.

They're beautiful either way.

They sure are!

My Gracie has ticked fur, as many of them
do.

Most of them do. Its caused by the agouti gene.

Phil

Old July 2nd 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Phil P." :

snip

I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a
somewhat slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO
(1600). The high ISO noise reduction and shallow depth of field
have a softening effect which I think is more pleasing. Razor
sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious - it looks too rough and
coarse.

I didn't think about the effects that played on adoptions. Smart.

See the difference:

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

They're both nice, but I like the sharp one better too.

In the sharp one you can see Christie's nose glistening. ; P

Of course looking at her eyes in the sharp one is an action that will
take you to another realm.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old July 2nd 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "Phil P." :

snip

I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a
somewhat slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO
(1600). The high ISO noise reduction and shallow depth of field
have a softening effect which I think is more pleasing. Razor
sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious - it looks too rough and
coarse.

I didn't think about the effects that played on adoptions. Smart.

See the difference:

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

They're both nice, but I like the sharp one better too.

In the sharp one you can see Christie's nose glistening. ; P

Of course looking at her eyes in the sharp one is an action that will
take you to another realm.

Reminds me of a quote:

"Cat eyes seem a bridge to a world

beyond the one we know"

Lynn Hollyn

Old July 3rd 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

Phil P. wrote:
..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg

What a beauty!

--
Jean B.
Old July 3rd 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

Phil P. wrote:
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in message
..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg

Wow! Don't they call those markings "tabby point" or something similar?

I think "seal tabby point" or "silver tabby point".

Here's another 'lil darlin' we found under the hood of an old truck- covered
in grease and fleas. Her mother must have left her there because she's too
small to have gotten there all by herself. We searched for almost 4 hours-
and went back twice but we couldn't find her mother or any siblings. I'll
try again tomorrow.

We thought we got her clean- until we put her on a white blanket.. Her fur
still has a little tinge of yellow.

Look at that face!

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

Another beauty. Is she and the other kitten from the same place?

--
Jean B.

New Truck Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 5 August 18th 06 01:48 AM
Harri's first truck ride Harri Cat community 50 November 15th 04 01:59 PM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Fun is a ...Matress truck? John Biltz Cat anecdotes 2 December 28th 03 12:34 PM
the truck is winning jen.d Cat anecdotes 8 August 14th 03 01:22 PM