[Possible TW] Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

Old December 19th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default [Possible TW] Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

{{{{Jeanne}}}} I'm so sorry.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Jeanne" wrote in message
ps.com...
When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
happy.

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

Jeanne Hedge
posting via Google

Old December 19th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

Jeanne wrote:

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

I'm late but all I can offer are hugs to Jeanne from me and many purrs
from Dunz and Sarsi

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 20th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

I am so sorry. Many, many hugs and purrs.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old December 20th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jeanne wrote:

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

Purrs for Natasha's journey, I hope it was a peaceful one.

{{Jeanne}}

Joyce
Old December 20th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default [RB] Natasha

My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
and side vent at the passing scenery.

Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.

I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.

I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old December 20th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Natasha

That was a lovely tribute to Natasha.

(((((Jeanne)))))

Dewi

Old December 20th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bookie

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

hard as it may be to accept now you have done the right thing in
letting her go, she is at peace now and free from any pain and
suffering.

my deepest sympathies, B
Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Old December 20th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

Natasha had many wonderful years with you--would that all cats have a
lifespan so long and loving--and yet it somehow is still not enough
time.

Blessings to you and purrs.

--Fil

Old December 20th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-12-19 19:51:15 -0600, Jeanne Hedge said:

[...]

(((((((((((((Jeanne)))))))))))))) I'm just so sad for you. That's a
long time friend. I had no idea you'd had her since so young. I think
I need to hug you for my sake. I wish I could.