SHE'S HOME SHE IS HOME

Old December 29th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default SHE'S HOME SHE IS HOME

Ka' Shay is home. YEAH ***********HAPPY DANCE************

She is very groggy and will be for a while. She looks like she is ready
to fall asleep standing. Poor Thing. I got her the anesthesia after shot
that helps wake them up. The surgery went fine she has responded well to it
so far. The stitches should dissolve in about 10 to 14 days.
I was worried a little about on of her extra toes it was starting to
curl inwards and I was afraid we would have to remove it but it can be
easily trimmed according to our vet. WIPING FOREHEAD

When she went this morning she was terrified about going out of the
house but not the carrier. It took her a while to calm down but not one
peep just a lot of digging and clawing the hand.

She is laying on the bed right now resting. Now here comes the problems
keeping her out of trouble while she heals scratching forehead

Old December 29th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Matthew" wrote in
:

[...]

Glad she is ok. I only ever had to do this with boys and as you know it
is a lot less complicated. I am sure she will be fine faster than you
can imagine, though.

Andy
Old December 29th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

She is laying on the bed right now resting. Now here comes the problems
keeping her out of trouble while she heals scratching forehead

Excellent news! Sure is worrying when they have to have any sort of vet
work done, isn't it?

Dan
Old December 29th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

glad she is doing well, what we did for OEJ when she had her teeth work, and
for Stormmee, who is very closely related to some breed of monkey, is we
bought a large dog kennel, one of those ones with the metal bars so they
could see out and other kitties could come close... we presented it as "the
penthouse" and it worked very well, during OEJ's term in the penthouse, TV
cuddled next to the cage... to snag wet food through the bars... and During
Stormmees time Chester slept on top of it so much we put a towel on top for
comfort... also we put it on the dining room table so whoever is
incarcerated still gets to see what is going on without the risk of kitty
fights or claws, Lee, so relieved for you

Old December 29th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad it's all over.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
glad she is doing well, what we did for OEJ when she had her teeth work,
and
for Stormmee, who is very closely related to some breed of monkey, is we
bought a large dog kennel, one of those ones with the metal bars so they
could see out and other kitties could come close... we presented it as
"the
penthouse" and it worked very well, during OEJ's term in the penthouse, TV
cuddled next to the cage... to snag wet food through the bars... and
During
Stormmees time Chester slept on top of it so much we put a towel on top
for
comfort... also we put it on the dining room table so whoever is
incarcerated still gets to see what is going on without the risk of kitty
fights or claws, Lee, so relieved for you
Matthew wrote in message

Hmm. So Kayla is sleeping in "the penthouse" every night. I don't think
she believes it.

We put her in the crate at night for several reasons (that make us feel less
guilty)

1. The cats really seem to appreciate the dog free hours. She doesn't hurt
them or anything but they still have not learned to appreciate the finer
points of a cold wet nose in their nether regions. And I suspect they point
and giggle when she is in the crate. Just because I've never caught them at
it...

2. She sheds. Oh lord how she sheds. I'd love to let her sleep with us,
but I think she would run us out of our bedroom in a matter of days. Plus,
one night in our bed and it would be really hard to get her back into the
crate.

3. Going in the crate and looking expectant when ever anyone says cookie or
bed really is her very best most accurate behavior.

4. Helps with house training issues.

Jo

Old December 30th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

done properly I think crate training is a good method, and I know you let
her out... DF got a dog from the shelter that was terrified to do anything
she had been kept in so much, for the first six months DF thought she had
spinal issues, she never stood up all the way, after six months she realized
she wasn't going to be crated so she began standing all the way up. There
is no difference in crating a dog at night or putting it in the kitchen, Lee
Jo Firey wrote in message
et...

Old December 30th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:51:53 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

Ka' Shay is home. YEAH ***********HAPPY DANCE************

She is very groggy and will be for a while. She looks like she is ready
to fall asleep standing. Poor Thing. I got her the anesthesia after shot
that helps wake them up. The surgery went fine she has responded well to it
so far. The stitches should dissolve in about 10 to 14 days.

Glad to hear it

When Natasha (RB) had hers done, she was just groggy for a while. When
Tribble (RB) had his snip, it provided some major comic relief.

He just had to prove he was fine and not a bit groggy. When we got
home he strolled out of his carrier and sat down in the middle of the
floor to wash. It went fine -- for awhile. You know how kitties do -
balance on the front legs with a rear leg stuck up in the air so they
can wash those areas better? Trib did that, and proceeded to do a
slow roll over backwards. And there he lay, on his back, looking
around like "what happened?"

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com
Old December 30th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-12-29 15:51:53 -0600, "Matthew" said:

[...]

Symapthy purrs for Ka'Shay. I totally understand!!!