Potjie RB

Old December 30th 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat

Default Potjie RB

"Tish" wrote
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

How awful.

Heartfelt condolences to all the bereaved, your father in particular of
course.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old December 30th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Tish wrote:
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

Yesterday morning he was kicked whilst walking behind a cow (kicked by
a cow). My father rushed him to the vet and he was put on a drip. He
seemed to be improving and everyone was expecting Dad to bring him
home this afternoon, but Dad got the worst possible phone call from
the vet saying that Potjie had died suddenly. They think that he
threw a blood clot which killed him - something they could not predict
or prevent, but which was a direct result of the shock from being
kicked. He died very suddenly and without pain.

My Dad is absolutely devastated - Potjie was a huge part of his life
and he got so much enjoyment and relief from depression from Potjie's
affection and antics. I don't know how he's going to cope without his
bouncy, talkative black shadow.

Potjie was a brilliant cat, a wonderful friend and a larger-than-life
character. He had friends all over Dad's home town and was well known
to all who visited Dad's place - seeing it as his duty to greet and
seduce all visitors.

He will leave a gap in many lives - not only my father and all of us
in my household, but also Yowie and Yowie's parents, who had a place
in their hearts for him after he adopted their back yard.

Many of you here are familiar with the story of Potjie being found in
Yowie's parents' yard and being found to be a perfect match for my
father (who was grieving for the loss of his 21-year-old Clawed
DePussy, a rescue British shorthair who ruled Dad's life for many
years). Potjie, known as Jet at the time, was a pure-bred exotic
short-hair who had been dumped by a succession of heartless people
before sensibly adopting Yowie's parents. Yowie's parents could not
keep him, but they and Yowie looked after him carefully until he could
move to Victoria and live with my father.

RIP little pot, you will be greatly missed.

Tish

How sad! I remember how happy you and your father were when you took Potjie
to him. Purrs for your healing hearts.

kili

Old December 30th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Tish wrote:
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

Oh this is too awful! I remember reading about Potjie finding his new
home not so long ago and being so happy for him and your dad

I'm glad I'm not at work I can have a really good bawl without
attracting attention

Purrs for your dad and Potjie

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 30th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Tish wrote:

I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

That is very, very sad. I'm so sorry. I remember the whole story,
and especially how happy your dad was to adopt him. Your poor dad,
that really breaks my heart. Purrs for him at such a terrible time.

Joyce
Old December 30th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisakatt

by Tish Dec 30, 2006 at 03:39 PM

I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

Yesterday morning he was kicked whilst walking behind a cow (kicked by
a cow). My father rushed him to the vet and he was put on a drip. He
seemed to be improving and everyone was expecting Dad to bring him
home this afternoon, but Dad got the worst possible phone call from
the vet saying that Potjie had died suddenly. They think that he
threw a blood clot which killed him - something they could not predict
or prevent, but which was a direct result of the shock from being
kicked. He died very suddenly and without pain.

_ _ _ _ _

Oh no!
This news felt like being kicked in the midriff by one of the cows.
That sweet young Potjie. And your poor father.
PURRS!!!
Elisabet

Old December 30th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Tish wrote:
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

snip
Tish

That is so sad, I've got tears running down my face. Purrs for your father,
I will light a candle for Potjie. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 30th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

RIP little pot, you will be greatly missed.

Tish

Condolences. I'll light a candle in my window this evening.

helen s

Old December 30th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Tish wrote:
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

I'm so sorry. My condolences to your father, especially. I remember
when they first found each other and how happy they were.
Potjie will be greatly missed. At least he can keep Fin company at the
Bridge.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old December 30th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Tish wrote:
I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

My deepest condolences to your father.
Purrs for Potjie's crossing.

Randy
http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old December 30th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

My condolences to your dad, you, and the rest of your family.

Since it *did* make me feel better when Natasha crossed the bridge
recently, I've started a group and lit a candle for Potjie. Due to
name length limitations, the group is named "Jet" and the link is
he

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=Jet

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com