Maui hazza diagnosis, yewr purrs shure do help!

Old January 16th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
FurrsomeThreesome

Default Maui hazza diagnosis, yewr purrs shure do help!

Da him-humin tuk my him-cat back tu TED fur a chekkup tuday. Meowmie
wuzzn't shure his incizzion was OK and thot he mite haf hurt it when he
were on da furst day uv his fentanyl patch (he tried tu crawl under
meowmie, then ran upstairs effen tho all his feet wuzzn't running the
same way.

TED sed he's fine an' his zipper luks like it shud.

TED awlso told us de biopsy results, and wile it'z not "purrfect" -
it's summpin we kin take care ov. So, preeezenting:

The Beginning Adventures of Chemo Cat

My him-cat hazza kinda low-grade lymphoma. Meowmie furgets the exact
kind, but TED towld us it were a possibility tu show up wen we did de
biopsies.

At leest we knows an answer. An' TED sez despite de bad werd
"lymphoma" (yes, cancer.... again! *sigh* from Meowmie...) it is
ackshewly manageable (and I'm a gud manager!) wif medicatsions. He's
on chemotherapy, fur gud!

Him-cat gets prednisone efurryday, an' a Leukeran wunce in three days.
TED effen sez it shud make him eet agin, so we don't haf tu do the full
volume of tube feeding aftur we start.
Darn, less leftover AD fur me!

We'ze wanna fangu fur all de purrs, cuz mebbe they helped it be dis
not-so-all bad kinda lymphoma dat we kin treet. Keeps 'em coming dat
he gets eetin agin, and gains wate, an' da meds keep da cansurmonsters
frum gittin him.

Blue, chemo clinic manager!
(an' Maui, an' Sprout, an a somewhat-releeved meowmie).

Old January 16th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

FurrsomeThreesome wrote:

[...]

That's gudgud news. Is he goin tu be happy and healthy again? It's not
going tu bee tuu much tuubs & medicines iz it? He'll have tyme to enjoy
his fud and the friendship of all you kitties there? That wud reely be
gudgud.

Diana, Ryan & Cinnamon.

--
Regards, Fred
Old January 16th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
FurrsomeThreesome

Diana, Ryan and Cinniminni, Dat is ECKZACKLY de plan.

TED Bonnie sez de condishun is whut were makin' him skinny an' sick,
cuz dis sumptin or offer kind of lymphoma acts like IBD an' he duzzent
absorb nutrition, an it awlso makes him feel hurky so he won't eet. It
seems fur a cancer-monster type thing, it wudn't be cancer toomers or
metastasisisiswhatsis dat sends a kitty tu da brij - it wud be starfing
cuz da fud duzzin't go in rite.

The prednisone both heels da IBD-type part an puts his appytite back.
De leuko-whatsit stops de bad cells frum takin' offur an makin' it
wurse.

Maui is AWLREDDY feelin' beddur becuz he's getting more food an' he's
up and about an' groomin. He had sum acksidents wen he were upstairs
and cudn't get down fast enuff tu da litter, but Meowmie cot on an'
carries him downstairs tu da litterboks wen he haszn't gone fur a wile
- an' he goes rite away when she shows him da boks (in da boks, I meen)
He's bin visitin Meowmie at hur desk and sittin in his offise and MY
offise, an' last nite he were a bed cat, fur da WHOLE nite (he's nevver
stayed in da bed de hole nite before) an purred lots.

TED even sed tu NOT do a full feedin in his tube wen we start the pred,
as he's likely tu start eetin. Wunce his weight is back, he will haf
no more tube. TED installed the kind that ex-stalls easy.

Blue, health reporting manager

Hi. I'ze hewpin on da 'pooter rite now. Just had my toob food an'
used the litter an effurthing, now I'm typin. Feelin a bit beddur
awreddy. Goin' tu bed wif da peeple agin tunite - they're all warm, I
neffur knowed that before. Blue always hogs meowmie-warms.

Maui, patient.

Old January 16th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
FurrsomeThreesome

Mebbe Tiger yew are rite, the goin' owt of the boks mite haf been da
furst symptom.

TED sed the IBD kin sometimes be "silent" or hard tu detect - fur
eggsample, Maui neffur had *ahem* - loose bowels, or gas, or nuffin.
Not effen most resintly wen sick. He did poop owta da boks, but it
lukked like normal poop - an' it wuz tested LOTS.

But mebbe his appurrent hatred of carpeting wus sumpin' in disguise.

He won't discuss it. But hee's bin really gud abowt da boks ecksept
wen he couldn't get tu it quick enuff, an Meowmie and de him-humin
didn't yell about dat effen tho Maui thot he wus in trubble.

We'ze getting bedder. he's alreddy gone tu bed.

Blue.

Old January 16th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On 15 Jan 2007 19:45:20 -0800, FurrsomeThreesome's nimble, little paws
typed:

gennle snippy

We'ze getting bedder. he's alreddy gone tu bed.

Blue.

Well, I'ze glad dat yur him-cat iz gettink bedder an sleepin'. Deze
iz gud tings. I'z purrink and hopink dat he'll make a full rekovery an
be yur him-cat fur a longlong time!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
1/15/2007 11:20:32 PM

Old January 16th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

We'z so happy that Maui is feelin bedderer. It's nice tu have this gudgud
newz.

Diana, Ryan & Cinnamon.

Old January 16th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Eileen Clark

Excellent news that it is something that can be managed!

Mia, Callie, Camille, Finrod & Scottie