Best Valentines gift

Old February 18th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Best Valentines gift

Hihi diz iz O T and da gramby iz crozz postink again but it iz wort it diz
times.

I went into work today and one of the cleaning crew a man about 35 but only
about 12 in actions came up to me. He has Downs Syndrome and is pretty hard
to understand. I have tried to talk to him and we are friends.

He had his hand behind his back and said "You no one's sweetheart"? I said
Well, not at the moment." He said you can be mine until you get one. He then
gave me a plastic box filled with silk type Red Rose petals. The clearance
price of .10 was still on the box but at that moment, they were priceless.

It just doesn't get much better than that.

Old February 18th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 17, 8:12 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Hihi diz iz O T and da gramby iz crozz postink again but it iz wort it diz
times.

I went into work today and one of the cleaning crew a man about 35 but only
about 12 in actions came up to me. He has Downs Syndrome and is pretty hard
to understand. I have tried to talk to him and we are friends.

He had his hand behind his back and said "You no one's sweetheart"? I said
Well, not at the moment." He said you can be mine until you get one. He then
gave me a plastic box filled with silk type Red Rose petals. The clearance
price of .10 was still on the box but at that moment, they were priceless.

It just doesn't get much better than that.

Micki is a caregiver for people in that general group (no Downs
Syndrome in the group home right now) and she treats them like family.
They are wonderfull people. So is Micki. They love Bear and our cats,
but mostly Bear.

Will in New Haven

--

"I am thus far a Quaker, that I would gladly argue with all the world
to lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but
Old February 18th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Most of the cleaning crew have mental handicaps but they are all lovely
people. Some of them can be trying at times and their supervisors have
their hands full. I never go into work without getting a hug and, when I
give them a free soda or coffee, I RULE!

Old February 18th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 17, 8:59 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
Mickey is your housemate? Lee

Yes. She was my landlady when we lived in West Haven. When she wanted
to sell the house and buy the condo, she needed a partner and poker
had been very good to me. So we share the condo and Bear and the cats.
And now the parrots, which were her idea.

Will in New Haven

--

"I am thus far a Quaker, that I would gladly argue with all the world
to lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but
unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my musket and
thank Heaven He has put it in my power."
-Writings of Thomas Paine 56 (M. Conway ed. 1894)

Will in New Haven wrote in ...

Old February 18th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:12:37 -0600, Granby wrote:

Hihi diz iz O T and da gramby iz crozz postink again but it iz wort it diz
times.

I went into work today and one of the cleaning crew a man about 35 but
only about 12 in actions came up to me. He has Downs Syndrome and is
pretty hard to understand. I have tried to talk to him and we are friends.

He had his hand behind his back and said "You no one's sweetheart"? I said
Well, not at the moment." He said you can be mine until you get one. He
then gave me a plastic box filled with silk type Red Rose petals. The
clearance price of .10 was still on the box but at that moment, they were
priceless.

It just doesn't get much better than that.

TuTu sez yyu sssshd by hjim a mice creem cone. MLB

Old February 18th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that is so cool, Lee
Will in New Haven wrote in message
On Feb 17, 8:59 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
Mickey is your housemate? Lee

Yes. She was my landlady when we lived in West Haven. When she wanted
to sell the house and buy the condo, she needed a partner and poker
had been very good to me. So we share the condo and Bear and the cats.
And now the parrots, which were her idea.

Will in New Haven

--

"I am thus far a Quaker, that I would gladly argue with all the world
to lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but
unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my musket and
thank Heaven He has put it in my power."
-Writings of Thomas Paine 56 (M. Conway ed. 1894)

Will in New Haven wrote in

m...

Old February 18th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

In the summer, I give them gift certificates from Dairy Queen. Someone from
his group home takes them for the mice cream. Have to give them enough for
all ten kids but, well worth it.
news

Old February 18th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Dearest Granby
YOU are so sweet. Hoomins with mental handicaps usually are very sweet
peeple, and dey do luv to HUG. Dey are lots bedder dan sum 'normal'
hoomins. Give dem a HUG frum Anti Kyla. Okay?
Tank yew furry munch
Kyla

"Granby"
Most of the cleaning crew have mental handicaps but they are all lovely
people. Some of them can be trying at times and their supervisors have
their hands full. I never go into work without getting a hug and, when I
give them a free soda or coffee, I RULE!
"Will in New Haven"
On Feb 17, 8:12 pm, "Granby" Hihi diz iz O T and da gramby iz crozz
[...]

OT for Valentines' day NMR Cat anecdotes 0 February 13th 06 11:05 PM
The Gift - TW Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 3 December 28th 05 11:52 PM
A Gift SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 15 September 15th 04 05:59 PM
Thank you for the gift Pam & Rob LAL Cat anecdotes 1 December 9th 03 09:26 PM
Holly's gift MaryL Cat anecdotes 4 October 24th 03 07:01 AM