My Grey Cat is going Grey!!!

Old November 6th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default My Grey Cat is going Grey!!!

Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and the
area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's white. White as
in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her teeth)
in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no, my (always)
baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really don't want to think
about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

Old November 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:42:55 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and the
area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's white. White as
in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her teeth)
in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no, my (always)
baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really don't want to think
about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

You know, Jill, the vets say technically, the cat's "geriatric" when
s/he turns eight, but you know so many cats who are just getting
started around that age! It's what going on inside the cat that
matters, and you take great care of that. You and she have years and
years ahead of you.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 6th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

jmcquown wrote:
Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and the
area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's white. White as
in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her teeth)
in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no, my (always)
baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really don't want to think
about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

Given that humans often start going grey in their 20s and 30s and
frequently (these days) live to their 80s and 90s, you won't be too
surprised to know that Persia has at least another 7-10 years ahead of
her. We had Ted until she was 19 and Mum's beloved Psnott lived to 21.
You've got a lot of Persia-time ahead of you.
Tish

Old November 6th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and
the area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's
white. White as in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her
teeth) in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no,
my (always) baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really
don't want to think about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

She's in her purrime. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 7th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sir Weeble Wobblybottom

In om,
Adrian A purred:
jmcquown wrote:
Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and
the area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's
white. White as in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her
teeth) in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no,
my (always) baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really
don't want to think about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

She's in her purrime. ;-)

An she *all* miyen!!!!! she My Preshus Persia!!

Purrs

Weebles

Old November 7th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Tish" wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Yes, exactly. My grandmother's hair turned snow-white when she was in her
20s and she lived to be 89. Persia is still a "youngster," in my book even
though many sources consider cats to be "senior" starting at about age 7.
Holly is now 11 and looks and acts like a young cat. Duffy is estimated to
be 7 or 8 and can still scramble like a little gymnast. My first cat lived
to be age 20, and he was a former feral who was pretty sick shortly after I
captured and adopted him. So, Persia should have *lots* of quality time
left.

MryL

Old November 7th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Tish wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and the
area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's white. White as
in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her teeth)
in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no, my (always)
baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really don't want to think
about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

Given that humans often start going grey in their 20s and 30s and
frequently (these days) live to their 80s and 90s, you won't be too
surprised to know that Persia has at least another 7-10 years ahead of
her. We had Ted until she was 19 and Mum's beloved Psnott lived to 21.
You've got a lot of Persia-time ahead of you.

I think so too. I got my first grey hairs at the age of 13. By 30, my
hair was all white. IIRC, Nikki started getting white hairs after the
age of 10 or so, but she went on to nearly 17. Purrs for you and Persia
to have many, many happy years ahead of you.

Old November 10th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:

Yep, she was doing upside downey head and with a turned up belly and the
area around her nether parts is not just grey anymore, it's white. White as
in, if you're already grey your fur turns white.

Persia will be 8 or 9 (depending on the vets' best guesses from her teeth)
in January. Her adoption day is January 6th, 2001. Oh no, my (always)
baby cat is getting old. White fur! Awwww. I really don't want to think
about this. PURRRSHA.

Jill

She is not getting old!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Kitty Roll Call for a possible book Tanada Cat anecdotes 18 May 24th 06 01:58 PM
Ranger and the grey snake Dan M Cat anecdotes 6 October 26th 05 12:15 PM
Earl Grey Tea Karen Cat anecdotes 12 February 24th 05 04:07 PM
Help! Is there a breed with smokey grey hair and blue eyes? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 27 January 28th 05 05:44 PM
Readers' cats will appear in Shirley Rousseau Murphy's next Joe Grey mystery Murphy's Webmaster Cats - misc 0 January 28th 05 09:47 AM