Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

Old January 20th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

"Alan" wrote in message
(singsong)
I'm tellin' 'ya Dog ...
Ditch the wife ...

- Phil, it ain't the sofa that's stressing eDog, it's the spouse.
If he ditches the cats he'll be unhappy and will have to live with the
mental demons.
If he ditches the sofa he'll be unhappy and will have to live with the
Demon.
If he ditches the wife, he'll be unhappy until he finds a girlfriend (or
2).
He's got an apartment so there can't be much community property and she
can
have the freakin' sofa.
(I bet the female lurkers on this forum are loving this!!)
I'm done.

Hey, I don't trust people who value inanimate objects more than cute
fuzzies. I say ditch the wife and let her take the couch with her!

Old January 20th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:10:24 -0800, bookie wrote:

if anybody, ANYBODY, ever said to me "it's me or your cat" then i would
happily pack their bags for them, they would be history and i would not
turn a hair about it as they obviously were not good enough for me (few
men are anyway). Have had similar issues with chaps complaining about
me putting my sport before them and they did not last long at all.

What is this sport you keep mentioning???

Charlie
Old January 20th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

If you declaw your cat, cut your wife's clit off as well.

Fair is far.

eDog wrote:
I already trained the cats to use a scratching post. They don't scratch the
leather sofa on purpose.

I ordered SoftPaws and am expecting them to show up today. I am a little
wary of them for a couple reasons. Plastic can do a pretty good job of
scratching leather too for one thing.

Not to shift blame, but my spouse is far less understanding about cat
damage than I am.

A ruined sofa is going to do a lot to stress my marriage.

"Matthew" wrote in news:45afb56f$0$7666
:

Softpaws
Train your cat to use a cat scratching post

--
Looking for a clue.

Old January 20th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
eDog

I already called Ethan Allen.

I don't know how much they will do with regard to an upgrade.

My wife is going to present a bigger problem.

I'm inclined to work with the leather we already have and treat the
scratches as they appear while protecting the leather in the most
vulnerable spots.

My wife seems to eager to declaw the cats. I could have dealt with
declawing the cats on the front claws if they were incorrigible, but they
aren't.

Lynne wrote in
m:

Building on
what the other poster said about complaining to the mfg, I'd get Ethan
Allen to recover or replace the sofas--even if an upgrade fee is

charged.

--
Looking for a clue.
Old January 20th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
eDog

In my case that's the thing. Three cats is 60 toenails. The vet seemed a
little hungry for the work and I could imagine toenail number 49 getting a
little shortchanged as far as attention goes.

I don't want one of my three cats to be a statistic. Not without good
reason, like I have exhausted all other avenues in order to live with the
cat.

"-L." wrote in news:1169246383.718828.70550
@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

The thing is, you just don't know if your cats will be one of the ones
with long-term issues or not. That's the crapshoot of declawing. I
used to be a vet tech.

Old January 20th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Follow your instincts here. They're telling you the right thing - that
declawing
the cats is a really, really bad idea. Your marriage is your marriage,
of course,
but hey, sometimes spouses get ideas in their head that are just plain
not going
to cut it. Just tell the wife it isn't happening, you aren't going to
rip the cats toes
off and it's not up for discussion. You're not interested in mutilating
animals.
It's illegal in most of Europe, you know and there's a reason for that.

She's got a problem - she's just going to have to find another way to
solve it.

The cats stay, you like them, and they keep all the body parts God gave
them.

Old January 20th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

bookie wrote:

If you
really love someone then you love what comes with them

You got it in one! My partner's been in hospital for 17 weeks and I
haven't missed a day visiting him because if you love someone that's
what you do.You take all the sh*t and believe me this has not been easy
because you love someone and what comes with them

btw his main reason to get out is so he can reconnect with our Furballs

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 20th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"eDog" wrote

My wife seems to eager to declaw the cats.

ahh, Gad, I am so sorry. I sense you probably had no idea she was this
type when you married her.

Watch out. I have noted that people who are eager to do cruelties to
animals are not slow to do them to people--as soon as they get the
upper hand.

Old January 20th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote

What is this sport you keep mentioning???

I bet it means "fun."