[OT] Torchwood Season 3

Old July 9th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Torchwood Season 3

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message ...
LadyJane wrote in
:

How did you like Warehouse 13? I've watched the first 20 minutes
of
it, but I had to leave for work. So far I'm less than impressed,
but
I love SciFi, so I'll keep watching.

It wasn't stellar, but it's possible that's just the pilot, and
the show
needs to find its legs. But I'm more a "hard" scifi guy, and not
that
patient with fantasy elements unless there's some mitigating
factor. With
X-Files, they tried to make each phenomenon believable, and in
W13's pilot
there wasn't any attempt at that, so it looks like the show is
going to
have to ride on its acting, directing, and writing. And that's not
dialed
in yet.

Eureka is coming back tomorrow (yay!), and I loved Fringe. I
never
saw X-Files until much later, via Netflix, and then I watched all
11
seasons one after another. Quite the sensory overload!

Fringe I loved from the first episode. It has the same feel as
X-Files but
the characters and stories are quite unique. (I also liked the
replacements
for Scully and Mulder in X-Files, and I was more interested in the
story
and direction and the loss of the characters didn't cripple the
series for
me.)

I have been desperately anticipating Torchwood for ages......It's
on
my DVR settings, ready to grab it when it comes up! Meanwhile
I'm
watching the dying dregs of Primeval. it's been cancelled. Once
again, a show I love has been cancelled. Figures. My father
used to
always say that you can tell which shows will last and which ones
will
go - if you love them, they'll go away.

I saw an online ad for Primeval and considered watching it, but if
it's
canceled, I'm not going to invest in it.

I've been letting episodes of True Blood save up on my TiVo while
I watch
other things, so I don't get bitten by cliffhangers. I watched a
season of
24 (or was it Lost?) that way, watching half a show until a quiet
spot,
going to bed, then watching the other half and half of the next.
It was a
lot more enjoyable that way.

I watched all 3 Pirates of the Carribean movies in the last couple
of
weeks, about 90 minutes at a sitting, and that was a lot of fun. I
rarely
watch anything twice, yet I found the first two movies as fun on a
second
view (I'd seen them last year).

One advantage of getting older. We enjoy reruns a lot more.

Jo

Old July 10th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Jofirey" wrote in news:7bn3kjF244idbU1
@mid.individual.net:

One advantage of getting older. We enjoy reruns a lot more.

For me it's been the reverse. The less time I have, and the more new stuff
there is to watch, the more I restrict my time to new stuff only. No time
for reruns.

I even look forward to shows getting canceled, because it makes more time
for other new stuff to look at.
Old July 14th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jul 9, 3:51�

major snippage:
I've been letting episodes of True Blood save up on my TiVo while
I watch
other things, so I don't get bitten by cliffhangers. I watched a
season of
24 (or was it Lost?) that way, watching half a show until a quiet
spot,
going to bed, then watching the other half and half of the next.
It was a
lot more enjoyable that way.

I watched all 3 Pirates of the Carribean movies in the last couple
of
weeks, about 90 minutes at a sitting, and that was a lot of fun. I
rarely
watch anything twice, yet I found the first two movies as fun on a
second
view (I'd seen them last year).

One advantage of getting older. �We enjoy reruns a lot more.

Jo- Hide quoted text -

BBCA has scheduled a marathon of Torchwood: Children of the Earth on
Sunday afternoon on July 26th.

Suz&Spicey

Doctor Who / torchwood fans: sad actors pet news Outsider Cat anecdotes 1 October 18th 07 12:17 AM
[OT] Torchwood Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 June 21st 07 11:39 AM
'Tis the Season [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 November 21st 05 03:13 PM
'Tis the Season Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 0 November 20th 05 02:06 PM
end of season Cwaazee Caatt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 05:51 PM