[OT] Valentine's Present

Old February 16th 05, 01:57 PM
Denise Clere

lol so much i can barely type,omg!
"CatNipped" wrote in message
DH and I are at the age where we give each other token gifts that are
either cute or funny (remember the stuffed d*g that sang "I'm Just a Love
Machine" that I gave him for Christmas??!!!).

Well, yesterday he gave me this cute little musicbox/fountain - Papa Bear
and Baby Bear fly fishing next to a little waterfall - that plays
"Beautiful Dreamer". Since it has water in it I put it on the vanity in
my bathroom in the master bedroom (I didn't want it to leak and ruin any
of my wood furniture). The musicbox/fountain plays very loudly, and being
in the bathroom with all that tile, the acoustics make it seem even
louder.

Later on DH and I were, um, celebrating Valentine's day in the traditional
fashion when we suddenly hear the tinkling of....

"Beautful dreamer wake unto me....."

We glanced over and there was Sammy, nosing around the musicbox/fountain
and licking water out of the waterfall. OK, it seems this thing is touch
activated. With barely an interruption of our, er, celebration, we yell
at Sammy to get down and for once she obeys (I think it was actually that
the jagged/bumpy surface of the plaster-of-paris finish pricked her little
nose).

Back to our celebration, but a few minutes later DH and I hear the
tinkling of...

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....."

"SAMMY!" we yell in unison. But when we glance over to the bathroom Sammy
is nowhere to be seen - neither is any other kitty. Too weirded out to
continue at the moment, DH gets up to walk over to the bathroom to see if
any cats have touched the thing and then jumped down to hide. He gets to
the bathroom, looks around, and says, "I don't seen anybody in here."

As soon as DH started to talk we hear the tinkling of...

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....."

Ach! The d*mn thing is sound activated!! DH shrugs and comes back to be
to continue our celebration of the day. A few minutes later we hear the
tinkling of...

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....."

Ohmygawd, it dawns on me, that thing was reacting to me! I guess I was
being a bit too vocal in my part of the celebration. I couldn't help it,
I started to laugh. The louder I laughed, the longer it played. The
longer it played, the louder I laughed.

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....."

Well, guffawing into your lover's face is not the most effective
aphrodiasic in the world! We gave it up and went to bed. But later on in
the night DH got his revenge.

I take a bunch of sleeping aids for my Fibromyalgia and I'm pretty groggy
and out of it for most of the night. Around 2:00AM I felt the need to
answer nature's call and stumbled my way into the bathroom. Being the
lady that I am I was polite enough to wait until I was on the commode
before eliminating the gas that had been building up for a few hours,
thereby sparing my bed companions the noxious fumes. As soon as my body
produced the distinctive blat of sound I hear, right next to my ear, the
tinkling of...

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....."

All I can say is that, if you have to have the sh*t scared out of you at
2:00AM, sitting on the commode is the best place to have it happen!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 17th 05, 12:03 AM
Gabey8

[[ couldn't help it, I started to laugh. The louder I laughed, the longer
it played. The longer it played, the louder I laughed.

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me....." ]]

ROTFLOL! This one needed a BW for sure!

hee hee hee hee hee

Donna, still laughing

Old February 17th 05, 12:24 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

CatNipped wrote:
DH and I are at the age where we give each other token gifts that are

either
cute or funny (remember the stuffed d*g that sang "I'm Just a Love

Machine"
that I gave him for Christmas??!!!).

snip

I am LOLing still...