sneezing

Old April 9th 05, 11:13 PM
Duke of URL

Default sneezing

Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud & often.
Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add another drug to
my mix.
--

Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler, Paleoconservative,
Surface Warrior Squid

Old April 9th 05, 11:14 PM
jmcquown

Duke of URL wrote:
Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud & often.
Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add another
drug to my mix.

You'll have to help me... where is HERE?

Jill

Old April 9th 05, 11:34 PM
Mathew Kagis

From: Encyclopedia of Herbal Medecine -Dr. Thomas Bartram

Sneezing (uncontrollable): Lobelia (tea, tablets,tincture, etc) German
Chammomile tea. Snif water up the nose to rinse out pollens or other
irritants. Vitamin C 1-2 grams daily belived to have anti histamine effect.

By the way, I asked you this before & never got a response: Were you
travelling in Thailand in the mid 90's? Ever work as an extra on a bad Renny
Harlan Pirate movie?

Cheers

--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 9th 05, 11:49 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Duke of URL wrote:
Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud &

often.
Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add another

drug to
my mix.
--

Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,

Paleoconservative,
Surface Warrior Squid

Well, there is a website I use for natural remedies (after I check with
my doctors to make sure it'll be alright).

http://www.naturalhealthcaretoday.co.uk/index.asp

You may also want to try cleaning using something called a Netti Pot
(looks like a small tea pot). Fill it with warm, distilled water and
sea salt (not sure of the amounts), and pour it into the nose. There's
actually a "way" of doing it, if you're interested, I'll go look for
the directions. That's cleared up my minor sinus stuff, once in a
while I get a major sinus problem, but nowhere near as often as before.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - if this prints twice, I'm really sorry. Got a
server error on the first try.

Old April 10th 05, 12:12 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Duke of URL wrote:

Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud & often.
Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add another drug to
my mix.

Try one of the gadgets that's supposed to remove allergens
from the air through ionization. Prices vary enormously, so
get one of the low-end models first, to be sure it helps,
before you make any sort of major investment. I find my
sinuses much less stuffy in the morning, when I turn mine on
before I go to sleep.

Old April 10th 05, 11:19 AM
Duke of URL

jmcquown wrote:
Duke of URL wrote:

Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud &
often. Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add
another drug to my mix.

You'll have to help me... where is HERE?

Dunno why location would have anything to do with remedies, but I am now
living in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Old April 10th 05, 11:22 AM
Duke of URL

From: Encyclopedia of Herbal Medecine -Dr. Thomas Bartram

Sneezing (uncontrollable): Lobelia (tea, tablets,tincture, etc)

Do you get lobelia at a grocery store?

German Chammomile tea.

Is "German" chamomile different from the regular? I can get chamomile tea
easily.

Snif water up the nose to rinse out pollens or
other irritants. Vitamin C 1-2 grams daily belived to have anti
histamine effect.

By the way, I asked you this before & never got a response: Were you
travelling in Thailand in the mid 90's? Ever work as an extra on a
bad Renny Harlan Pirate movie?

Sorry, Matt, never saw the post.
No, I didn't set foot outside Nebraska during the Nineties.
No, I was never an extra in any movie; in fact, I've never heard of Renny
Harlan.

Old April 10th 05, 11:24 AM
Duke of URL

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Duke of URL wrote:

Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud &
often. Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add
another
drug to my mix.

Try one of the gadgets that's supposed to remove allergens
from the air through ionization. Prices vary enormously, so
get one of the low-end models first, to be sure it helps,
before you make any sort of major investment. I find my
sinuses much less stuffy in the morning, when I turn mine on
before I go to sleep.

I already have a small one at my desk.
My sinuses are rarely stuffy - since I use a C-PAP to sleep, the pressurized
inflow keeps them open.

Old April 10th 05, 12:16 PM
jmcquown

Duke of URL wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Duke of URL wrote:

Ever since moving here, I am constantly sneezing - long, loud &
often. Does anyone know a good home-remedy cure? I'd rather not add
another drug to my mix.

You'll have to help me... where is HERE?

Dunno why location would have anything to do with remedies, but I am
now living in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Location has to do with what pollens are in the air, etc. I have to rinse
my car off daily because it's covered with yellow pollen from the pine trees
here in the southern U.S.

Some have suggested flushing out the sinuses with salt water... okay, just
don't drown yourself in the process. A nice steamy hot washcloth placed
over the nose and eyes will loosen up the gunk in the sinus cavities.

Jill

Old April 10th 05, 03:08 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Duke of URL"

From: Encyclopedia of Herbal Medecine -Dr. Thomas Bartram

Sneezing (uncontrollable): Lobelia (tea, tablets,tincture, etc)

Do you get lobelia at a grocery store?

I'd be extremely cautious with lobelia. The main alkaloid it contains,
lobeline, is closely related to nicotine.