Clyde - Collared

Old April 28th 04, 05:16 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bev wrote:

This morning I put a collar on Clyde. I worry all the time about one
of them getting in a car and being carried off. The collar is a clip
one that snaps off with pressure on it. Let's see how long he has it
on.

Is anyone making book on that? (8)}
Old April 28th 04, 05:20 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

I've only had a problem with it one time - somehow she got her front paw
hooked under it. Woke me up squirming around in bed trying to free her paw.
Apparently she didn't want to yank too hard for fear of waking me; if she
had, the snap-away catch would have simply come undone. Goofy cat.

Be glad it was only her paw! I had a cat who got his lower jaw caught
under a slightly too loose collar! Fortunately I was there to release
him, but what if I had not been? (That's why, despite the high mortality
rate on break-away collars, I wouldn't put any other kind on one of my
cats.)

Old April 28th 04, 01:23 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

This morning I put a collar on Clyde. I worry all the time about one
of them getting in a car and being carried off. The collar is a clip
one that snaps off with pressure on it. Let's see how long he has it
on.

Is anyone making book on that? (8)}

Be careful with those snap collars. I used to have one on Waffles - *never*
again. She got her paw stuck in it, wiggled it in, and it was *so* tight, it
should have broken - but it didn't - it cut into her. I had to cut the collar
off :-(

I promptly removed same kind of collars from Francis and Marble. Then with the
boys' collars, I tried to snap one myself - no matter how hard I pulled,
tugged, applied pressure in lots of ways - neither would snap as supposed to.
If I, a large lady, couldn't manage to snap one, there was no way a domestic
cat was going to snap one if required.

I've changed their collars to ones that are all soft elastic. No problems at
all - the odd collar has been lost but never again the experience Waffles had
where she got a paw caught & the collar cut into her. I'd rather have the cat
lose the collar than the cat be in difficultly because some stupid snap collar
*doesn't* :-( Especially since my cats are active indoor/outdoor ones, climbing
trees, playing in the undergrowth a lot.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 28th 04, 03:35 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

There's a type of collar that has a small plastic disk with
grooves around the edges on one end and the disk is slipped into a
shaped spring on the other end. You won't be able to picture it from
what I have written, but you should be able to pick it out from the
collars at the pet store. We've used that design and it will
assuredly release with the weight of the lightest cat.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Sounds very similar to what I used with Waffles. Never again in this household.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 28th 04, 11:37 PM
Sherry

Sounds very similar to what I used with Waffles. Never again in this
household.

Cheers, helen s

Helen, I just bought one of those for the grandcat. Bosley. I yanked on it and
it seemed to break free pretty easily, but now you're scaring me. I am mostly
afraid he will hang it on a fence or something.

Sherry

Old April 29th 04, 12:03 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Helen, I just bought one of those for the grandcat. Bosley. I yanked on it
and
it seemed to break free pretty easily, but now you're scaring me. I am mostly
afraid he will hang it on a fence or something.

Sherry

I don't mean to scare you Sherry, but I'd be lying if I said I'd consider using
that type of collar on my cats ever again. The ones I've settled on are made of
soft elastic about 1cm in width. For my three they are much better - no
problems with them at all.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Bonnie and Clyde Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 2 March 31st 04 12:04 AM
Clyde - Peeping Tom Bev Cat anecdotes 6 January 17th 04 01:18 AM
Clyde - Glass in the Tongue! Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 23 January 15th 04 09:03 PM
Clyde - King of the Foodbowl Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 3rd 03 06:29 PM