Anal-retentive me OT

Old February 11th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Anal-retentive me OT

I'm leaving town on Wednesday to hook up with my LLL for 5 or 6 days. Being
the anal-retentive sort I am I've got an Excel spreadsheet "checklist" of
things to do before I go.

My problem is, I keep adding things to the checklist. For example, we are
going to be staying in a "dry county". For those who don't know, that means
you can't buy beer, wine or liquor. Now in some dry counties you can have a
drink with dinner in a restaurant. This place is so bass-ackwards you can't
even do that. So I added to the checklist buy some wine to take with
I'm sure he'll do the same!

I've got the Hold Mail form printed and filled out. Arranged to have my
weekend newspaper held. Have it on the list to water the plants, set the
automatic light timers, notify the office manager and the neighbors to keep
an eye on the place.

Packing... now that's always a challenge. It snowed 3 inches yesterday
afternoon but by Wednesday the high is supposed to be close to 60F. I keep
riffling through the suitcase, adding and subtracting items. I'll either be
too cold or too hot no matter what I decide!

I've confirmed our reservations at this funky little motel where we've
stayed before. Too bad it will be too cold to play miniature golf next door

I'm irritated as can be the corrected prescription glasses I ordered on 1/31
are still not in! I've got the right contact lenses now (got those the same
day) but I like to be able to take them out and put my glasses on. Now it's
looking like I'll have to resort to my old ones on this trip.

OB Pets: I've arranged for Persia and Peaches to be boarded. Had to add to
the list, have them order more Hill's x/d food for Persia.

Jill

Old February 11th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
I'm leaving town on Wednesday to hook up with my LLL for 5 or 6 days. Being
the anal-retentive sort I am I've got an Excel spreadsheet "checklist" of
things to do before I go.

I didn't LOL at your spread sheet for stuff to bring, as we do the
exact same thing! It's nice because each time you travel you just
have to print it off and fill the order, so to speak! Have fun on
your trip.

-L.

Old February 12th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Wow, all that for a 5-6 day trip! Yikes, you should see my lists and
spreadsheets for our upcoming move to Australia! Whew! But I think
we're doing pretty well and have things under control.
Have a good time with your LLL :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old February 12th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
Wow, all that for a 5-6 day trip! Yikes, you should see my lists and
spreadsheets for our upcoming move to Australia! Whew! But I think
we're doing pretty well and have things under control.
Have a good time with your LLL :-)

LOL I'm always afraid I'll forget to do something or pack something. I
have, for instance, forgotten to pack my toothbrush and toothpaste in the
past. Of course that can be remedied with a trip to the store wherever I
go, but I hate forgetting little things like that. But once I'm gone I
can't suddenly remember to put my mail on hold (has to be done in writing)
or water the plants

I know we'll have a nice time, thanks!

Jill

Old February 12th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
snipped I
can't suddenly remember to put my mail on hold (has to be done in writing)
or water the plants

snipped
Well, I guess there really is no way to water the plants remotely, but
you certainly can hold your mail. Direct link is

https://dunsapp.usps.gov/HoldMail.jsp

or you can go to www.usps.com and poke around.

Don't know why Thunderbird didn't make the link clickable.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 14th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sam wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
snipped I
can't suddenly remember to put my mail on hold (has to be done in
writing) or water the plants

snipped
Well, I guess there really is no way to water the plants remotely, but
you certainly can hold your mail. Direct link is

https://dunsapp.usps.gov/HoldMail.jsp

or you can go to www.usps.com and poke around.

Don't know why Thunderbird didn't make the link clickable.

You're assuming I'm going someplace where I have access to a computer (I
won't)

Jill