[OT] Update a/c purrs

Old July 21st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default [OT] Update a/c purrs

It appears that they have fixed the a/c in my little red car. It
cools down very quickly, and gets very cold when it runs. This is
better than when the original compressor worked, so I'm thinking we'll
be okay, if I can go more than two weeks on this repair (grin).

Yay, cold air!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 22nd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sandy

I had a problem with the air conditioner in my first car. If I started out
first thing in the day, it would run just fine all day. If I didnt start it
until the day warmed up, it would just blow warm air. It seemed to me like
something was expanding when it got hot and preventing the thing from
cooling. I complained to the dealer several times over several years
without result. Every time they tested it in the shop, it worked fine.

I finally gave up. When I took the car in for something else, they asked me
if there was anything else they could do while they had the car, and I said
they could try fixing the air conditioner again, but that no one had been
able to fix it before. This time I think I got someone who believed I knew
what I was talking about: they looked at it and found the problem. It was
some caulk around a valve that would expand when it got warm and stop the
valve from working. I thought it best not to go through my records to see
how much money I had spent on the times they didn't find the problem.

Sandy

Old July 22nd 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

It appears that they have fixed the a/c in my little red car. It
cools down very quickly, and gets very cold when it runs. This is
better than when the original compressor worked, so I'm thinking we'll
be okay, if I can go more than two weeks on this repair (grin).

Yay, cold air!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Wonderful, isn't it? I'm really appreciating my cool air right now. My
power was out for over two hours this afternoon, and the AC is still trying
to bring it down to a reasonable temperature. Also, my car didn't get as
cold as it usually does when I turn on the AC. I don't know whether that's
because the AC needs attention, or whether it was because it was 100+
degrees here today and the car sat in the sun for two hours.

Joy