She's Commandeered my Shirt!

Old February 20th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default She's Commandeered my Shirt!

John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to visit. Men,
close your eyes... I was on the couch watching some late night television
when I got hot under the collar (so to speak). [We women call those "hot
flashes".] So I stripped off my flannel shirt and tossed it on the floor,
breathing blessed relief at the feel of cool air against my skin. Ahhhhh!

Meanwhile, Persia apparently took this as an invitation to turn the shirt
into her personal bedding. She sniffed it, licked it, rolled all over it
(even upside-downy-head!) and has declared it *her* shirt. She's now
happily meatloafing on it. I'm never going to get that shirt back! LOL But
she looks pretty on her blue plaid flannel shirt (which may remain on my
living room floor in perpetuity).

Jill

Old February 20th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to
visit. Men, close your eyes...

I peaked. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 20th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:08:49 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to visit. Men,
close your eyes... I was on the couch watching some late night television
when I got hot under the collar (so to speak). [We women call those "hot
flashes".] So I stripped off my flannel shirt and tossed it on the floor,
breathing blessed relief at the feel of cool air against my skin. Ahhhhh!

Meanwhile, Persia apparently took this as an invitation to turn the shirt
into her personal bedding. She sniffed it, licked it, rolled all over it
(even upside-downy-head!) and has declared it *her* shirt. She's now
happily meatloafing on it. I'm never going to get that shirt back! LOL But
she looks pretty on her blue plaid flannel shirt (which may remain on my
living room floor in perpetuity).

Jill

So cute. It probably smells like people she loves.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 20th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Adrian A wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to
visit. Men, close your eyes...

I peaked. ;o)

Hope you liked my chesticles! (thanks for that term, Tweed! I love it!) I
am slim but later in life developed those things that men find so
fascinating!

And I read Tweed's account about the vole to John (he had to ask "what's a
vole?") Anyway he laughed his a** off about her dancing around trying to
retrieve said rodent. He needs all the laughs he can get right now.

Jill

Old February 20th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
And I read Tweed's account about the vole to John (he had to ask "what's a
vole?") Anyway he laughed his a** off about her dancing around trying to
retrieve said rodent. He needs all the laughs he can get right now.

Jill

That is a sign of a good person. That he can laugh when he needs to. It is
just as important as being able to cry when you need to.

Jo

Old February 20th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jill ) wrote:

Men, close your eyes... I was on the couch watching some late night
television when I got hot under the collar (so to speak). [We women
call those "hot flashes".]

LOL, this is not where I expected you to be going with "late night
television" and "hot under the collar". I was sure you meant you had
some premium cable TV going. eg

Meanwhile, Persia apparently took this as an invitation to turn the shirt
into her personal bedding. She sniffed it, licked it, rolled all over it
(even upside-downy-head!) and has declared it *her* shirt. She's now
happily meatloafing on it. I'm never going to get that shirt back! LOL But
she looks pretty on her blue plaid flannel shirt (which may remain on my
living room floor in perpetuity).

Awww. It smells like mom! And I'm sure the blue goes well with her grey
fur.

JOyce
Old February 20th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to visit.
Men,
close your eyes... I was on the couch watching some late night television
when I got hot under the collar (so to speak). [We women call those "hot
flashes".] So I stripped off my flannel shirt and tossed it on the floor,
breathing blessed relief at the feel of cool air against my skin. Ahhhhh!

Meanwhile, Persia apparently took this as an invitation to turn the shirt
into her personal bedding. She sniffed it, licked it, rolled all over it
(even upside-downy-head!) and has declared it *her* shirt. She's now
happily meatloafing on it. I'm never going to get that shirt back! LOL
But
she looks pretty on her blue plaid flannel shirt (which may remain on my
living room floor in perpetuity).

Jill

It's funny how becoming a cat person changes your perspective, isn't it?
Before I discovered the Wonderful World of Catdom, if I walked into a house
and saw clothing, blankets (folded or otherwise), bottle caps or crumpled
paper on the floor, I would have assumed the residents were slobs. Now I
assume they have cats. ;-)

Joy

Old February 20th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Definitely! Before I was owned by Miss Persia I would never have tolerated
empty toilet paper rolls on the floor of my house. Now I don't dare throw
them away until they have had the Greeblings kicked out of them. I didn't
know I had Geeblings until Persia came along. Now I know they lurk in the
bathtub, on and under the bed, in the living room. The only place
Greeblings don't seem to reside is next to the food bowls by the kitchen. I
guess that's because Miss Fluffy is there so often

Jill

Old February 21st 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 20, 1:00 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Same here with chewed up little drinking straws. Now I know better,
since Nina has shown me their greebling count in parts per million is
astronomical. We are so LUCKY that our owners care so much about
protecting us from greeblings!

Love it that Persia has claimed your shirt as her own. =o)

Melissa

Old February 21st 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

jmcquown wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
John gave me a couple of his old flannel shirts when he came to
visit. Men, close your eyes...

I peaked. ;o)

Hope you liked my chesticles! (thanks for that term, Tweed! I love
it!) I am slim but later in life developed those things that men
find so fascinating!

And I read Tweed's account about the vole to John (he had to ask
"what's a vole?") Anyway he laughed his a** off about her dancing
around trying to retrieve said rodent. He needs all the laughs he
can get right now.

Jill

Wafflycat (Helen S), not Tweed.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness