[OT] Torchwood

Old June 20th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Torchwood

Yeah I've seen him on Heros, but haven't watched the episodes properly
as yet.

Dewi

Old June 20th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jun 18, 7:55?pm, "Yowie" wrote:
As lifelong fan of Dr Who, I've been very much enjoying the new Dr Who
series of hour long episodes. I thought Christopher Eccleston was a great
choice for the first season, added some anger and pathos to the Dr and
brought him into modern times, but I must admit I liek David Tennant's
Doctor more. He is definately shagalicious.

I was sceptical about Torchwood. Spin-offs are rarely as good as their
parent show, and this was messing with an icon, the very foundation show of
TV Sci-Fi.

However, I was not disspointed, its awesome! And Captain Jack Harkness.
*Fwoar*. I'd trample over David Tennant to get to him :-)

Yowie

Excuse me while I die from envy. We US Dr Who fans haven't gotten to
see Torchwood yet. And after we've been so generous with our
programs ;o) I have seen Capt. Jack and yes he is Da Bomb. Have you
seen Heroes (sp? gah!) yet? Eccelston has a reoccuring role as the
invisible man. He's waaaaaaaay sexier than Tennant.

Suz&Spicey

PS My spelling stinks this AM.

Old June 21st 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
On 19 Jun, 09:54, Dewi wrote:
You've met him and said hello! I'd be too shy to have a chat. Is he
American or British?

Good to hear that they're showing or have shown the 3rd season of Dr
Who. I'm not sure when it will start here, but it'll probably another
6 months I expect.

Dewi

I didn't know who he was when Bonnie ran up and nicked his dogs stick!
He was lovely. He has a Scottish accent at home and speaks in a
Scottish accent to his parents, and an American on when he's is the
USA, apparently. I really have no idea what he sounds like. I was too
busy drooling and jibbering when I worked out who it was to pay much
attention! Now he always says hello to Bonnie when he sees her, which
to be fair isn't often. He has dual UK & USA nationality.

David Tennant was the one who freaked me out the most - he has *THE*
strongest Scottish accent in real life!

Helen M

What's weird here in the US is the guy who plays "House", Hugh Lowery, has
a British accent in real life but absolutely *nails* the American accent
on the show!

I was very impressed when Meryl Streep in A Cry in the Dark / Evil Angels
when she got the Australian accent *perfectly*.

There is nothing more grating to Australian ears than an American trying to
do an Australian accent. It just *hurts*. It was only after I'd seen the
movie on TV did I realise that she wasn't an Aussie herself.

Yowie