Lots of Purrs For Everyone and Some For Me?

Old August 31st 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom

Default Lots of Purrs For Everyone and Some For Me?

I haven't been posting much lately, not that I post a lot normally, so
I thought I would let everyone know that I'm thinking about them and
sending lots of purrs...

I bought a new computer, a MacBook, and have been busy trying to
transfer files and figure this new thing out. I can't seem to get
Thunderbird to let me login to news.individual.net, which is what I've
used in the past for newsgroups. I'm absoultely certain that I've got
the account name and password correct (I even had them resend my
information), so I don't know what's wrong. Finally gave up and am
using the "less than great" Google groups.

On the purr front, a few for me would not be amiss. I went in for my
yearly physical/blood work last week and one test came back high, as
in diabetic high. So we're redoing it tomorrow and we'll see what
happens. I'm trying not to to be too worried. I know that even if I
am diabetic, it is a very treatable condition and nothing to panic
over. Still.......

Well, purrs to everyone.....(I sure do hate these "fasting"
tests...I'm HUNGRY!!!!)

--Kim

Old August 31st 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Lucys Mom wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you, Kim.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 31st 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

Purrs for good test results this time around, and for the fast to be over,
well, fast. ;o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old August 31st 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way. I hope this test comes out better.

--
Joy

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an
empty desk? -- Jay Brand, cognitive psychologist

ups.com...

Old August 31st 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lucys Mom wrote:

Well, purrs to everyone.....(I sure do hate these "fasting"
tests...I'm HUNGRY!!!!)

lots of purrs on the way. I hope you've had something to eat by now.

Old August 31st 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Lucys Mom wrote:

On the purr front, a few for me would not be amiss.

And more than a few, we are sending, there's plenty to go round

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 31st 07, 09:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On the purr front, a few for me would not be amiss. I went in for my
yearly physical/blood work last week and one test came back high, as
in diabetic high. So we're redoing it tomorrow and we'll see what
happens. I'm trying not to to be too worried. I know that even if I
am diabetic, it is a very treatable condition and nothing to panic
over. Still.......

Well, purrs to everyone.....(I sure do hate these "fasting"
tests...I'm HUNGRY!!!!)

--Kim

Many purrs en-route for it to be OK.

Helen M

Old September 1st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:37:44 -0700, Lucys Mom
wrote:

[...]

Major purrs coming your way Kim. Please do keep us posted.

-bonbon
Old September 1st 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lucys Mom" wrote in message
ups.com...
I haven't been posting much lately, not that I post a lot normally, so
I thought I would let everyone know that I'm thinking about them and
sending lots of purrs...

I bought a new computer, a MacBook, and have been busy trying to
transfer files and figure this new thing out. I can't seem to get
Thunderbird to let me login to news.individual.net, which is what I've
used in the past for newsgroups. I'm absoultely certain that I've got
the account name and password correct (I even had them resend my
information), so I don't know what's wrong. Finally gave up and am
using the "less than great" Google groups.

Try asking n.i.n. what they think the problem could be. I have had to
contact them a couple of times in the past and I have found them very
helpful.

On the purr front, a few for me would not be amiss. I went in for my
yearly physical/blood work last week and one test came back high, as
in diabetic high. So we're redoing it tomorrow and we'll see what
happens. I'm trying not to to be too worried. I know that even if I
am diabetic, it is a very treatable condition and nothing to panic
over. Still.......

Purrs that the next test will come back clear. I expect the docs have
already told you what you can do to reduce the risk. Maybe Marina could
help. ISTR that she is a type I(early onset) and you are likely to be a
type II (late onset), but she may have some diet tips through her long
experience that may help prevent you from having to go on to insulin. If
indeed you do prove to have diabetes, which I hope you don't.
I have a friend who has type II. She really didn't take it seriously enough
at first and she acknowledges that now. Had she taken the advice she was
given at first (to try and lose weight, follow the "you can eat almost
anything diet sheet" from the hospital) she would not be on insulin now and
has other problems that diabetes can bring.
I am not trying to frighten you, honestly! although it may seem like that,
but if you do prove to have diabetes treat it seriously.

Best wishes for a good blood test result.

Tweed

Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Lots to do jmcquown Cat anecdotes 19 June 28th 05 03:33 AM
Lots of Excitement Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 December 3rd 04 05:51 PM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM
Lots of purrs needed here Pat Cat anecdotes 46 January 2nd 04 12:30 PM