[OT] Urgent Pelican Purrs needed

Old September 7th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] Urgent Pelican Purrs needed

There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing broken. We
contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted sea bird rescue
www.seabirdrescue.org who came out to catch the pelican. I helped.

They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as they can't
do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They took the pelican to a
bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most until the
decision is made.

Thanks.

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 7th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Urgent Pelican Purrs needed

On Sep 7, 6:02 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing broken. We
contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted sea bird rescuewww.seabirdrescue.orgwho came out to catch the pelican. I helped.

They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as they can't
do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They took the pelican to a
bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most until the
decision is made.

Thanks.

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Purrs being sent for the Pelican. Pity they feel it necessary to have
it PTS.

Dewi

Old September 7th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing broken. We
contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted sea bird rescue
www.seabirdrescue.org who came out to catch the pelican. I helped.

They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as they can't
do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They took the pelican to a
bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most until the
decision is made.

Lots of purrs on the way for the poor birdie. Goodonya for helping, Vicky!

Old September 7th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing broken. We
contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted sea bird rescue
www.seabirdrescue.org who came out to catch the pelican. I helped.

They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as they
can't do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They took the
pelican to a bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most until the
decision is made.

Thanks.

Yowie

I love pelicans. They look so cool in flight, and so funny on the ground.
I see plenty of pelicans around my dad's house in Florida. Purrs your guy
makes it.

Old September 7th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I hope I'm not too late with purrs.

Hugs to you, Yowie, for caring so much.

--
Joy

Life's a trip!
....But it doesn't come with a map. -- Ziggy

Old September 8th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Sep 7, 4:02 am, "Yowie" wrote:
There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing broken. We
contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted sea bird rescuewww.seabirdrescue.orgwho came out to catch the pelican. I helped.

They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as they can't
do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They took the pelican to a
bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most until the
decision is made.

Thanks.

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

I'm probably way too late, but Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus are
sending purrs that the pelican is able to be fixed. Lacey said
pelicans are cool, she knows, she took a ride in a pelican bill once
when she was on a Mouser voyage.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old September 8th 07, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Yowie wrote:
There was an injured pelican at work. looked like it had a wing
broken. We contacted WIRES (www.wires.org.au) who in turn contacted
sea bird rescue www.seabirdrescue.org who came out to catch the
pelican. I helped.
They said most pelicans iwth a broken wing have to be put down as
they can't do much, but whilst there is life, there is hope. They
took the pelican to a bird vet.

Please purr for the pelican. We've got maybe an hour at the most
until the decision is made.

Thanks.

Yowie

Purrs on the way. I hope I'm not too late, I've had a busy week.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 8th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Going to Compline service, will purr for pelican there! (and on the
way too.)

Cantate