Any nooz 'bowt Tabitha?

Old January 15th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

Default Any nooz 'bowt Tabitha?

Meow, Eye-o-wah clowder,

How iz you gize?

Any nooz or clooz 'bowt Tabitha?

I iz still purrink fur her safe return!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

1/14/2009 11:07:19 PM
Old January 15th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

All oz uz is still purrink for her safe return to da kommunitee. Piglet
still hopeful.
"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
Meow, Eye-o-wah clowder,

How iz you gize?

Any nooz or clooz 'bowt Tabitha?

I iz still purrink fur her safe return!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by

Old January 15th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:08:20 -0500, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Meow, Eye-o-wah clowder,

How iz you gize?

Any nooz or clooz 'bowt Tabitha?

I iz still purrink fur her safe return!

No, no news yet.

Meowmie spotted some new kitty tracks in the snow outside the garage
yesterday morning so Paw put out some extra dishes of kitty food and some
more boxes with insulation. He didn't set any traps because he didn't
want to have to worry about anykitty freezing - we have been under a wind
chill warning for the last couple of days.

Still no reports of sightings, but the humans are still walking around
looking and calling, even when it's way too cold out.

We're purring especially hard today for Tabitha and all the other kitties
in the Out. It's -20 here now, and the wind chill is supposed to be
between -25 and -40 all day.

Amelia
Old January 15th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

[...]

Wee is purring for herself tew. Et iz tew cold fur inny poor kitty,
spcially Tabifa tew bee owt innit.
Puuuuuuuuurrs Purrrrrs Puuuuuuuuuurs
Mosey

Old January 15th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Jan 14, 11:08*pm, "Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote:
Meow, Eye-o-wah clowder,

* * * * How iz you gize?

* * * * Any nooz or clooz 'bowt Tabitha?

* * * * I iz still purrink fur her safe return!
--
Purrs,

* * * * Mme. Anaïs

* * * * * * * * “I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by
little, the cats become its visible soul.”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

* * * * 1/14/2009 11:07:19 PM

Alla us iz still purrin fur Tabitha tu kum home sayf.

DaRennieKidz an fosterkittiez
Old January 16th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf

wrote:

Meow, Eye-o-wah clowder,

How iz you gize?

Any nooz or clooz 'bowt Tabitha?

I iz still purrink fur her safe return!

It's just brutally cold in the upper Midwest this week; I live north of
Dan, so it's a bit colder here. This morning it was -22F, which is -30C,
where I live.

I just hate to think of Tabitha being out in this horribly cold weather.

Or any cat, for that matter. There are so many 'stray' cats, many of
whom were abandoned by people who lost their homes, due to foreclosure.

Unlike true feral cats, (many of whom may very well die in this terribly
cold weather) abandoned pets don't have any survival skills.

They are almost totally dependant on people for shelter and food. Many
have no hunting skills, since those are taught by the mama cat.

If the mama cat isn't a good hunter, and doesn't teach her kittens how
to hunt for food, they will never be a good hunter.

Purrs for Tabitha to be found, and for all the other poor kitties who
are hungry and cold.

Gandalf ----just a lurker here.
Old January 16th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 05:30:05 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

I just hate to think of Tabitha being out in this horribly cold weather.

Or any cat, for that matter. There are so many 'stray' cats, many of
whom were abandoned by people who lost their homes, due to foreclosure.

Unlike true feral cats, (many of whom may very well die in this terribly
cold weather) abandoned pets don't have any survival skills.

They are almost totally dependant on people for shelter and food. Many
have no hunting skills, since those are taught by the mama cat.

Yes, it's horrible to think of any cats out in weather like this.

For the last few days I've been putting out extra food dishes and extra
shelter boxes, and I have not been setting the trap. I've been seeing new
tracks into the garage, and I REALLY want to get Tabitha in the trap, but
with weather so cold I don't dare set the trap. It wouldn't take more
than a few minutes locked into a cold metal enclosure for a kitty to
suffer harm, so I'm going to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before
I start setting the trap again.

Dan

Old January 16th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

We are still in hopes bad Tabitha will show up. Understand why you are not
setting the trap. I have the four neighborhood cats who come here when it
storms or is bad out. Were six but someone moved away. I don't mind
keeping them in the night, but I hate that their owners don't do anything
about the caring for them in this weather.

Old January 16th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:54:25 -0600, Granby wrote:

We are still in hopes bad Tabitha will show up. Understand why you are
not setting the trap. I have the four neighborhood cats who come here
when it storms or is bad out. Were six but someone moved away. I don't
mind keeping them in the night, but I hate that their owners don't do
anything about the caring for them in this weather.

I agree. I feel awful that Tabitha slipped out, but I at least am doing
something about it. There are cats in the neighborhood that are still out
loose in spite of overnight wind chills of 40 below (funny - -40 F is
also -40 C). I don't see them about, but I see their tracks in the snow
and the food I put out is getting eaten.

Old January 17th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Dan M wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:54:25 -0600, Granby wrote:

We are still in hopes bad Tabitha will show up. Understand why you
are
not setting the trap. I have the four neighborhood cats who come
here
when it storms or is bad out. Were six but someone moved away. I
don't mind keeping them in the night, but I hate that their owners
don't do anything about the caring for them in this weather.

I agree. I feel awful that Tabitha slipped out, but I at least am
doing something about it. There are cats in the neighborhood that
are still out loose in spite of overnight wind chills of 40 below
(funny - -40 F is also -40 C). I don't see them about, but I see
their tracks in the snow and the food I put out is getting eaten.

Yes, it's not the best time fur them. But they are good at finding
shelter of some sort. Some insulated boxes can help: nice little
warm nests out of the wind.
Dan, when you get weather suitable to set the live trap again, you
might want to try wrapping it in blankets and lining the bottom as
you are able, (without hindering the functioning of the trap), so
Tabitha or anyone caught will be somewhat comfortable, till you can
get to them. This can sometime be used to disguise the trap for cats
that are familiar with them, and might otherwise avoid it. Just an
idea.

--
Peace,
Fred