I seem to be holding the kids a little closer ...

Old September 6th 05, 02:00 AM
John Rahn

Default I seem to be holding the kids a little closer ...

After seeing some of the Katrina video and hearing some of the stories
.... I noticed that I am holding Dusty Cat a little closer - a little
tighter, the Cosmo Cat is gettting some extra long petting, and the
Oreo Kid is getting a few extra treats ...
Old September 6th 05, 02:09 AM
Yoj

"John Rahn" wrote in message
After seeing some of the Katrina video and hearing some of the stories
... I noticed that I am holding Dusty Cat a little closer - a little
tighter, the Cosmo Cat is gettting some extra long petting, and the
Oreo Kid is getting a few extra treats ...

I know what you mean, John. Those of us who know all our loved ones are
safe are appreciating that and showing them how much we love them.

Joy

Old September 6th 05, 10:13 AM
kilikini

"John Rahn" wrote in message
After seeing some of the Katrina video and hearing some of the stories
... I noticed that I am holding Dusty Cat a little closer - a little
tighter, the Cosmo Cat is gettting some extra long petting, and the
Oreo Kid is getting a few extra treats ...

I'm doing the same thing, isn't that weird? I didn't realize it until you
brought it up, but gosh, I've been lavishing much more attention on my hubby
and my "kids" than I usually do. I'm so thankful we're all together, happy
and alive.

kili

Old September 6th 05, 05:55 PM
John Rahn

I can stomach the videos of PEOPLE in distress (isn't that sad?), but I
almost lost it when they showed a beautiful big, reddish-brown lab of
some kind floating on something in the water ... with that look on his
face ... "Where are my people?"
Old September 6th 05, 08:43 PM

Oh, I'm glad you said that because I was afraid I was the only one to
feel that way. I just wish those images would leave my brain when I
try to get to sleep.

Several times a day I find myself telling Sonny he doesn't realize how
lucky he is and giving him soooooo much extra fussing and hugs.

Old September 6th 05, 08:55 PM
Melissa Houle

oups.com...

John Rahn wrote:
I can stomach the videos of PEOPLE in distress (isn't that sad?), but I
almost lost it when they showed a beautiful big, reddish-brown lab of
some kind floating on something in the water ... with that look on his
face ... "Where are my people?"

It's so sad...People at least have some degree of understanding what
happened, but animals don't. All they know is they're alone, and the world
they knew seems to be gone. It's all a horrible mess. =o(

Melissa

Old September 7th 05, 03:27 AM
PatM

{{{I was afraid I was the only one to feel that way. I just wish
those images
would leave my brain when I try to get to sleep. }}}

Oh, you're not alone by a long shot. I've been following the attempts
at rescuing the pets and stray animals left to fend for themselves and
it makes me sick to my stomach to read the pleas of evacuees for
someone...anyone...to help rescue or get food and water to their
critters, or when I see the vidios and pictures. Many survivors are
refusing to leave even now because they are being told they can't take
their pets. The solution the police and military have to that is to
withhold providing food and water.

I don't think I've evernot appreciated my furbabies...they are so
important in my life....to try to imagine myself in the place of those
poor, lost people....well, I can't...I just hug my family, my Punkin
and the pups harder.

PatM

Old September 7th 05, 06:26 AM
John Rahn

Yeah, the three kids are very important to me ... last year when we -
here on the east coast in South Florida - were struck by two hurricanes
in almost as many weeks, the main reason I didn't get out was because
of the kids (cats) and really didn't think twice about it - because I
actually feel fairly safe from everything but FLOOD in this little
building - an I am on of 'those' people that are more FASCINATED by the
[sometimes] fury of mother nature than scared.
I've been a little more nervous after seeing the things happening along
the gulf coast now mainly because I am 'disabled' (I don't say that too
much), live about one mile from the ocean ... yadda ... yadda ... yadda
I don't want to THINK about them wandering around looking for me.
As much as I LOVE watching the sky down here ESPECIALLY during
hurricane season, I am now devising a plan to GET THE "F" OUT AND TAKE
THE KIDS WITH ME.
I have NEVER been intimidated by the weather, but now, I don't want the
cats to HAVE to learn how to swim (although the bathtub would teach
them real fast ... is that wrong?).
It's very scary coming to certain 'realizations' ...

(as I type this, the Dusty Cat is keeping her eye on me ... sitting
atop the monitor) ...
Old September 7th 05, 08:08 PM
PatM

Hey, aside from sitting on top the world's largest super-volcano
(Yellowstone Park), nothing much ever happens in montana. C'mon up
here and bring the kids!

I lived in central florida 2 1/2 yrs and was completly in awe of the
storms/hurricanes. Never saw anything like em.

PatM

Bad news Susan M Cat anecdotes 35 June 1st 06 06:56 PM
The Closer Jane Cat anecdotes 22 August 7th 05 09:37 AM
The kids hanging out :-) Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 27 March 14th 05 12:04 AM
And you thought the two-legged kids made things awkward... Singh Cat anecdotes 18 August 12th 04 12:03 AM
New pictures of the kids Cheryl Cat anecdotes 21 June 16th 04 10:08 PM