These senior citizens are doing fine

Old February 17th 05, 11:15 AM
hobbs

Terrific Marina, thats good news indeed. Jean.P.
Marina wrote in message
Just thought I'd post a bit of good news among all the bad news and the
worries. We're purring hard for everyone out there. The cats are
especially happy to be home right now, since we went to see TED today
for their annual shots. TED checked them over and pronounced them
remarkably fine for such elderly cats. Of course, Frank was so scared
that she couldn't palpate his tummy properly, since it was too tense,
but she still said he's a handsome cat for his age.

Ever since we got home, both cats have just been purring and sleeping
(as if this was a particularly exhausting trip) and purring. Not even
Frank was angry at me!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 17th 05, 01:51 PM
polonca12000

What does TED mean calling your kitties elderly?! They are in their purrime,
says Soncek, and I agree.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old February 17th 05, 02:28 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
Just thought I'd post a bit of good news among all the bad news and
the worries. We're purring hard for everyone out there. The cats are
especially happy to be home right now, since we went to see TED today
for their annual shots. TED checked them over and pronounced them
remarkably fine for such elderly cats. Of course, Frank was so scared
that she couldn't palpate his tummy properly, since it was too tense,
but she still said he's a handsome cat for his age.

Ever since we got home, both cats have just been purring and sleeping
(as if this was a particularly exhausting trip) and purring. Not even
Frank was angry at me!

I very glad to hear that, but elderly? I'm sure Waffles would be the
first to agree, Frank is in his purrime.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 17th 05, 05:06 PM
SuzQ

by O J Feb 16, 2005 at 11:31 AM

Marina wrote:

Just thought I'd post a bit of good news among all the bad news and the
worries.

---------------------snip----------------------
Thanks for that! Glad to hear that your pair are doing well.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

That's great news. Maybe they're Immortals, have you checked them for
swords.

Suz

Old February 17th 05, 06:45 PM
Marina

SuzQ wrote:

That's great news. Maybe they're Immortals, have you checked them for
swords.

It was great news, yes, and I was so happy and rushed here to boast
about my healthy babies, but now Nikki seems to be having a reaction to
the vaccine. ( She's been very subdued since last night, didn't even
eat her kibble, which has *never* happened before. She even felt a
little hot earlier, though she doesn't any more. Yesterday she hid under
the bed, but today she's at least slept on top of the bed at times. If
she's not perked up by tomorrow I'll have to take her back to TED's. I
should have known I shouldn't jinx it by boasting about how well they're
doing. I'll never do that again. (

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 17th 05, 08:43 PM
Karen

"Marina" wrote in message
SuzQ wrote:

That's great news. Maybe they're Immortals, have you checked them for
swords.

It was great news, yes, and I was so happy and rushed here to boast
about my healthy babies, but now Nikki seems to be having a reaction to
the vaccine. ( She's been very subdued since last night, didn't even
eat her kibble, which has *never* happened before. She even felt a
little hot earlier, though she doesn't any more. Yesterday she hid under
the bed, but today she's at least slept on top of the bed at times. If
she's not perked up by tomorrow I'll have to take her back to TED's. I
should have known I shouldn't jinx it by boasting about how well they're
doing. I'll never do that again. (

Awwww. Give her skritches for me. Whenever Sugar reacted it was a day later,
so I bet that is what it is. Try giving her lots of water. Hydration is what
Sugar needed. Keep us posted.

Old February 18th 05, 05:43 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:
Awwww. Give her skritches for me. Whenever Sugar reacted it was a day later,
so I bet that is what it is. Try giving her lots of water. Hydration is what
Sugar needed. Keep us posted.

Well, she's moving around more today and seems a bit perkier. She laid
on her paper bag by my feet and purred for an hour or so while I was
reading rpca, so I think she's feeling better now. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 18th 05, 08:25 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:

Well, she's moving around more today and seems a bit perkier. She laid
on her paper bag by my feet and purred for an hour or so while I was
reading rpca, so I think she's feeling better now. )

Yeah!! That is VERY good to hear.

Even better: she ate two big chunks of meat!! YAY! Now I'm sitting here
with tears in my eyes, I'm so happy. Shtoopid worry-wart.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 18th 05, 09:41 AM
polonca12000

Wow, that's great!
Best wishes and purrs for Nikki and calming hugs for you, Marina,
--
Polonca & Soncek