WAH! I broke my camera!

Old November 25th 05, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default WAH! I broke my camera!

I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now the
hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly. No more kitty
pictures for a while. I can't afford to buy a new one right now (I have
to pay a lot of back taxes in December, and Frank's recent vet bills
drained my reserves), and we don't give expensive presents at Yule in my
family. Augh, how will I survive not being able to show off my babies to
the whole world? P

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 25th 05, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now the
hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly.

if that's all thats wrong..can you wedge the batteries in with
toothpicks or something.

oh I can't believe you broke the camera!

I can't have nothing!

Old November 25th 05, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote

I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now the
hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly.
Augh, how will I survive not being able to show off my babies to the
whole world? P

Spoken like a true ailurophile exhibitionist :-)
Glad your priorities are right.

Depending on the layout it might be possible to keep the hatch shut with
say a tightly-wrapped rubber band round the camera (it would work on my
Olympus).

See what you can do, we mustn't be deprived for long.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF (Snowed in today & apparently it's all my fault)

Old November 25th 05, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

Augh, how will I survive not being able to show off my babies to
the whole world? P

Arggghhhh!!! How will we survive without them?!?

Bridget - who loves those piccies
Old November 25th 05, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

damn. Hope you can get one at a discount for Christmas! We need out Cal and
Mir-mir fix, and, of course, Unca Frankie!
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 25th 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now the
hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly. No more kitty
pictures for a while. I can't afford to buy a new one right now (I have to
pay a lot of back taxes in December, and Frank's recent vet bills drained
my reserves), and we don't give expensive presents at Yule in my family.
Augh, how will I survive not being able to show off my babies to the whole
world? P

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

If it can't be repaired, why not try "taping" it shut (possibly with some
duct tape)? Turn a small edge under first so you will have an edge to grasp
when you need to remove the tape to replace batteries.

MaryL

Old November 25th 05, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now
the hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly. No more
kitty pictures for a while. I can't afford to buy a new one right now
(I have to pay a lot of back taxes in December, and Frank's recent
vet bills drained my reserves), and we don't give expensive presents
at Yule in my family. Augh, how will I survive not being able to show
off my babies to the whole world? P

I'm so sorry to hear that! Could you tape down the cover? Purrs that you
find a solution.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 25th 05, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Exocat wrote:

Depending on the layout it might be possible to keep the hatch shut with
say a tightly-wrapped rubber band round the camera (it would work on my
Olympus).

See what you can do, we mustn't be deprived for long.

I don't know, it has a very strong spring that pushes it open once you
unlatch the hatch, and it doesn't latch properly any more, so the spring
pushes it open, and it's in the bottom of the camera, so the batteries
push at the hatch, too. I'll try rubber band and tape, but I doubt
they'll be strong enough to keep it shut.

Old November 25th 05, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Exocat wrote:

Depending on the layout it might be possible to keep the hatch shut with
say a tightly-wrapped rubber band round the camera (it would work on my
Olympus).

See what you can do, we mustn't be deprived for long.

I don't know, it has a very strong spring that pushes it open once you
unlatch the hatch, and it doesn't latch properly any more, so the spring
pushes it open, and it's in the bottom of the camera, so the batteries
push at the hatch, too. I'll try rubber band and tape, but I doubt
they'll be strong enough to keep it shut.

That part of my camera is broken too, but it was Chloe's fault! Okay, I
left the camera on the table, but she thought it would be fun to snag the
strap. SMACK, it hit the tile floor. The battery case no longer works, nor
does the macro setting. I have to hold in the battery compartment to take a
pic. The camera is $400, I need to get it serviced. What are you going to
do, buy a new one? I've been living with this for almost a year now. I
still take pix, I just hold down the battery compartment.

kili

Old November 25th 05, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
I accidentally pushed my camera off a table onto the floor, and now the
hatch of the battery compartment doesn't close properly. No more kitty
pictures for a while. I can't afford to buy a new one right now (I have to
pay a lot of back taxes in December, and Frank's recent vet bills drained
my reserves), and we don't give expensive presents at Yule in my family.
Augh, how will I survive not being able to show off my babies to the whole
world? P

Bet your sister can fix it for you. I hope?

Jo