Need some Purrs today for Charlie

Old July 6th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Need some Purrs today for Charlie

Right after Father's Day, Charlie broke of loosened a tooth. The top right
eye tooth. He cracked the tooth next to it about a year ago. And he has
nerve damage on the other side of his jaw from years ago so has trouble
chewing on that side.

Our dentist saw him right away. But the best he could do was a treatment
plan and an appointment with the only really good oral surgeon in town
today. So the last few weeks haven't been any fun. For either one of us.

I'm still itching like crazy and my doctor still hasn't isolated why. Liver
and kidneys seem to be OK and I don't look or feel sick enough for it to be
likely its something like lymphoma. (Don't you just love that our computers
help us to worry about really scary things?) Doctor thinks its a drug
reaction, but to isolate that means stopping or changing them one at a time
for at least a week. So far I know it isn't my blood pressure medicine.

In the meantime, I itch. Not my arms, legs and face thank God, but
everything else.

So we have two jumpy irritable people in this house.

This afternoon Charlie goes to the oral surgeon. I really have no idea what
they will do, or if they will do anything today.

We could really use some calming purrs and some healing purrs and prayers as
well.

Jo

Old July 6th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you and Charlie, tooth problems are so horrible.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 6th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Ooh That is terrible. Purrs for both of you. I just got back from a root
canal. He couldn't finish it because it was so inflamed, but at least he got
the nerve out. I thankful it was not worse than that. So, I really feel for
Charlie. I also have the "itchies'. But the allergy doc gave me zyrtec. It
was so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I never knew such relief. I sure hope
that they get yours figured out soon. It's so annoying.

. com...

Old July 6th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:02:15 GMT, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

[...]

Mouth and tooth problems are such a drag. It never ceases to amaze me
how such a tiny area can generate such astounding pain. I had an
abscess last spring, and all I wanted to do was shoot myself. Healing
and soothing purrs.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 6th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for everybody all around.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
. com...

Old July 6th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Katrina

On 2006-07-06 10:02:15 -0700, "Jo Firey" said:

I'm still itching like crazy and my doctor still hasn't isolated why.
Liver and kidneys seem to be OK and I don't look or feel sick enough
for it to be likely its something like lymphoma. (Don't you just love
that our computers help us to worry about really scary things?) Doctor
thinks its a drug reaction, but to isolate that means stopping or
changing them one at a time for at least a week. So far I know it
isn't my blood pressure medicine.

Have you had your thyroid checked? When my thyroid went south right
after I had my first son, the itching is what sent me to the doctor.

Katrina
--
History: special people in special places at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time

Old July 7th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

On 2006-07-06 10:02:15 -0700, "Jo Firey" said:

I'm still itching like crazy and my doctor still hasn't isolated why.
Liver and kidneys seem to be OK and I don't look or feel sick enough for
it to be likely its something like lymphoma. (Don't you just love that
our computers help us to worry about really scary things?) Doctor thinks
its a drug reaction, but to isolate that means stopping or changing them
one at a time for at least a week. So far I know it isn't my blood
pressure medicine.

Have you had your thyroid checked? When my thyroid went south right after
I had my first son, the itching is what sent me to the doctor.

Katrina

I've had a ton of blood work done. Thyroid is normal. Most everything else
is in the normal range except an indicator of allergic reaction. Had a cat
scan to check out internal stuff. Apparently everything is where it belongs
more or less. So liver and kidneys should be OK. Lymph nodes are normal.
I'm already on Zyrtec and on Prednisone to keep the itching to a
non-straightjacket level. Not taking any new medicine, but its always
possible to develop an allergy to an old one.

Charlie is home with a mouth full of cotton stuff and a couple of
prescriptions for me to go out and fill. Not sure entirely what's been done
except that the wiggly tooth is gone.

Jo

Jo

Old July 7th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Many purrs coming up for Charlie and for you too!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Please could you keep the purrs coming? HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 30 May 4th 06 07:20 AM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Purrs for a baby Yowie Cat anecdotes 35 February 28th 05 10:20 PM
Mama Zoo UPDATE - keep purrs coming JoJo Cat anecdotes 27 June 14th 04 05:55 PM
Purrs needed yet again please! Mama Zoo JoJo Cat anecdotes 60 June 13th 04 09:11 PM