declawing

Old August 25th 03, 02:08 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

I think it's deplorable that this woman allows her kids to treat the cats

like
that.

Being half asleep, I read that as "I think it's adorable..." and wondered
"What the &(^%?" Then I woke up...

rona (nothing useful to add, just thought it was funny)

Old August 26th 03, 07:25 AM

From: Katra

PawsForThought wrote:

From:
)

From: Relish

The tail is an extension of the spinal column, and you can do great

damage
to the cat by picking it up by the tail.

MaryL

I don't think she was being literal. I think she was just
exaggerating to make a point.

Read one of her recent posts where she says her cleaning lady's kids

were
indeed "routinely" abusing her cats. The fact that she knew about it

but
still
allowed this woman and her children in her house is horrible

Lauren
________

Um, read the follow-up post... One of the reasons that I canned her
was because her kids were tormenting my cats. At least the ones that
were not bright enough to run and hide. ;-P

She also did a crap job housecleaning as she had to chase after her kids
to get them to leave the cats alone. Especially the 2 year old.

She now does only yard work for me... My cats are not outdoors, so they
are not exposed to her kids.

Give me SOME credit please?

Why do you always try to make me out to be the demon lord of cat owners???

K.

Considering the fact that in your first post you said that her kids were
"routinely" abusing your cats, that would lead one to believe it was in

fact
happening well "routinely" meaning often. I would have canned that person

the
first time it happened as I would never be able to trust that it wouldn't
happen again. I care about my cats too much to let some kids "routinely"

abuse
them.

Lauren
________

I had to find out about it first...

She cleaned house when I was not home. :-P
It did not go on that long, thank goodness!
I do not, however, trust toddlers in general
so had taken the precaution of having her put
my more "sensitive" cats in the bedroom.

Lynn actually did her best to prevent any serious abuse,
but the one time I saw her little girl picking up a cat and
putting it roughly up on the couch was it. She was 3 1/2
years old and she sort of slammed the cat on the couch. :-P

She got canned right there...

I think my original point was that, even tho' her kids were
a bit rough on the cats, my cats never clawed nor hurt her kids.
Some ran and hid, the others tolerated the mistreatment.

She actually has a cat of her own... Saris was spayed recently,
(I encouraged and paid for it, Lynn will mow my lawn for 6 weeks
to pay me back), and saris is treated a bit rough by her kids.
Lynn, again, is pretty good about supervising but when I was over
visiting her tonight, Saris had candy sticky smeared in her neck fur.
:-P I helped her clean her up. Saris stood completely still for our
ministrations with the washcloth, and even tho' her little girl,
(now 4 years of age) is a bit rough with the cat, Saris SLEEPS
with her! Saris adores the little girl that abuses her...

Some cats are strange. ;-)

K.

I think it's deplorable that this woman allows her kids to treat the cats like
that. People who have kids have a responsibility to teach them to treat
animals humanely. Years ago when I worked for a rescue league, they very
rarely adopted to anyone who had kids under the age of 5. Only after a
thorough investigation and interview process did we adopt to people with
toddlers, but it was pretty rare. I'm glad you canned the woman, but you
should have done it a lot sooner!

Lauren
________

I won't argue with that ;-)