Another cat book on the way

Old May 7th 12, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Another cat book on the way

This time from my e-mail friend Bob Tarte in Michigan.
Bob and I have been virtual friends since about 2001 when we met on a
poultry group. This is his 3rd book - I think Cheryl read his 2nd one as
she posted here to ask if I was the person he mentioned in his "I'd like to
thank..part - I was.

This is the first one about his cats and is called "Kitty Cornered" He
tells me it is just out and is in the top 50 non-fiction books sold already.
He sent me my copy on Saturday and I am looking forward to getting it and
reading it.
He writes in a Bob Bryson style which may not suit everyone.

http://www.bobtarte.com/

I deserve a free copy of it, indeed them all, for the amount of emails of
support he had all these years while he was writing these books ;-)
He is a dear man. Very sensitive and kind.

Tweed

Old May 7th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

This time from my e-mail friend Bob Tarte in Michigan.
Bob and I have been virtual friends since about 2001 when we met on a
poultry group. This is his 3rd book - I think Cheryl read his 2nd one as
she posted here to ask if I was the person he mentioned in his "I'd like to
thank..part - I was.

This is the first one about his cats and is called "Kitty Cornered" He
tells me it is just out and is in the top 50 non-fiction books sold already.
He sent me my copy on Saturday and I am looking forward to getting it and
reading it.
He writes in a Bob Bryson style which may not suit everyone.

I bought his book "Enslaved By Ducks" because of your recommendation. I
like his writing style a lot, although I don't know who Bob Bryson is. And
I have to admit that I have yet to read most of the book (I did read the
first chapter). It's not because I wasn't interested. It's just that I seem
to have a much greater desire to read fiction at the moment. I'm sure that'll
cycle around again (I go through fiction/non-fiction phases) and I'll read
more of it.

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old May 7th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Um, I meant Bill Bryson. embarrassed

Tweed

Old May 11th 12, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Well, the book arrived today. I am halfway through it and I love it. I
think it's his best book yet.
He has a wonderful turn of phrase and is perfectly attuned to his cats.
He just mailed me with some pics of the cats that are the stars in his story
http://www.bobtarte.com/Books/KC/PagesKC/Photos.html

Tweed

Old May 11th 12, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Well, the book arrived today. I am halfway through it and I love it. I
think it's his best book yet.
He has a wonderful turn of phrase and is perfectly attuned to his cats.
He just mailed me with some pics of the cats that are the stars in his story
http://www.bobtarte.com/Books/KC/PagesKC/Photos.html

I clicked this link and read about the book - it looks great. Then I
noticed a link on the site to his music reviews, and clicked that. This
resulted in at least 2 hours reading reviews and checking out various
artists he was writing about. We have some tastes in common!

He's hilarious.

--
Joyce

Hi, this is the Sylvia stress reduction hotline. At the sound of
the beep, repeat after me: "This week, let someone else strive for
excellence." -- Nicole Hollander
Old May 11th 12, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Well, the book arrived today. I am halfway through it and I love it.
think it's his best book yet.
He has a wonderful turn of phrase and is perfectly attuned to his cats.
He just mailed me with some pics of the cats that are the stars in his
story
http://www.bobtarte.com/Books/KC/PagesKC/Photos.html

I clicked this link and read about the book - it looks great. Then I
noticed a link on the site to his music reviews, and clicked that. This
resulted in at least 2 hours reading reviews and checking out various
artists he was writing about. We have some tastes in common!

He's hilarious.

Bob & I became accidental e-mail friends about 10 years ago. I wanted to
check out the difference between the USA & UK interpretation of the word
"quite" and he seemed the nicest American on the group we were both posting
to at the time for me to ask.
(As in quite nice or quite ill) Over here on the island - as N refers to
the UK - quite nice is a little bit less than nice whereas Bob told me it
kind of means very nice and quite ill means very ill.
We got on so well that we have been e-mailing each other ever since. He
hadn't starting writing when I first knew him but he said he'd always wanted
to be an author, so I gave him a lot of encouragement to go for it.
We have only spoken on the phone once. I could understand him perfectly but
he had difficulty with my English accent! He kept saying "pardon me?" and
admitted he couldn't understand at least a quarter of what I said. I don't
have an unusual regional accent that is hard to decipher, so I teased him by
saying "is English your second language, Bob?"
I also spoke to his wife, Linda. My, how that girl can talk ;-) my brain
hurt after 20 minutes so I asked her to put me back to Bob.
I'm amused that you read his music reviews and am not surprised that you
spent two hours sinking into his craziness with these.
He is a wonderful friend to me.
Simon (my ex-counsellor, now friend) read his first & second books and said
when he brought them back "You do realise that he is mad, don't you?"
If that is mad, I want more mad friends.

I might be seen as promoting this book because my friend has written it, but
I have stopped reading it half way through and am going to ration myself to
a chapter a day because I don't want it to end.

Tweed

Book available - not OT Joy Cat anecdotes 0 July 8th 09 12:10 AM
Book Review: The Devious Book For Cats tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 November 12th 08 03:41 PM
A book Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 3 August 28th 08 05:13 PM
do not help a book Eve Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 03:55 PM