Lacey is a TV addict

Old October 29th 03, 09:01 PM
Julie Cook

Default Lacey is a TV addict

Hobbes and Selena have in the past acknowledged that there is a
television in our house. Selena is mostly frightened of it and
periodically Hobbes thinks it makes interesting noises (birds, crickets,
etc), but Lacey watches it. We have a 54" Sony with the screen over the
speakers. Lacey will sit 3" away from the speaker and look up at the
screen and watch whatever it is that has caught her attention. You can
see her head move to follow the movement on the screen so we know she is
actually watching something. Two days ago she sat for an entire hour as
she and DH watched a World Rally Championship race. Last night she
watched the California fires that were being shown on the news. I
suspect she knows she's supposed to show interest in the fires since
they've been told to purr for everyone out there. I want to find the
Catnip video that some of you have told us about because I suspect she
would love that and on November 4th the "Finding Nemo" DVD comes out.
There is supposed to be an 'aquarium screensaver" on the DVD. She might
enjoy that. Of course she enjoys watching Animal Planet. Does anyone
have any other suggestions of programs or videos she might enjoy
watching? Silly cat!

Julie

Old October 29th 03, 09:54 PM
Gizela

And somebody posted, a few weeks ago, about how cats don't actually "watch"
the TV....I totally disagreed....Gizmo only watches programs where there are
animals and when there are fish on the screen she paws the TV and walks
around whingeing as she can't get them

Angela and Gizmo

Old October 30th 03, 12:11 AM
Stacey

"Julie Cook" wrote
SNIP Hobbes and Selena have in the past acknowledged that there is a
television in our house. Selena is mostly frightened of it and
periodically Hobbes thinks it makes interesting noises (birds, crickets,
etc), but Lacey watches it. We have a 54" Sony with the screen over the
speakers. Lacey will sit 3" away from the speaker and look up at the
screen and watch whatever it is that has caught her attention. You can
see her head move to follow the movement on the screen so we know she is
actually watching something. SNIP

Moogie shows interest in the TV when we are playing 007 Nightfire on the
PS2!

Stacey

Old October 30th 03, 03:56 AM
space-monk-e

Does anyone have any other suggestions of
programs or videos she might enjoy watching?
Silly cat!

Sassy and Polka Dot enjoy a show on PBS, I think it's called Birdwatch
with Don and Lillian Stokes. My mom taped about six hours worth of
episodes so any time we are both going to be out of the house all day we
put it on for them:-) Sassy will also watch cooking shows and cartoons.
I have a picture of Sassy sitting on a stool in front of the tv and
Polka Dot on the table next to it and on the tv is a fish in a frying
pan. lol...smell-o-vision.
--
Min

Old October 30th 03, 02:33 PM
Sherry

We have a birdfeeder and suet cakes outside our living room window for kitty
"TV."
Christine

We do too! It's right in front of the window, by the cat tree. It's fun, except
sometimes Booty-girl gets carried away and lunges at the window, banging her
head on the glass. Another interactive TV is the little aquarium. I bought it
specifically when Yoda was sick and put a betta fish in it. I swear it made him
perk up.

Sherry
Old October 30th 03, 02:34 PM
Sherry

And somebody posted, a few weeks ago, about how cats don't actually "watch"
the TV....I totally disagreed....

Oh, I totall disagree too. Yoda loves basketball. Go figure. Maybe it's just
the motion of the camera panning from one end to the other.

Sherry
Old October 30th 03, 04:00 PM
Marina

"Gizela" u wrote
And somebody posted, a few weeks ago, about how cats don't actually

"watch"
the TV....I totally disagreed

Ever since Frank tried to jump after a bird that took flight on TV, I
haven't doubted that cats see the picture almost the same as we do.

--
Marina

Old October 30th 03, 05:59 PM
lrulan

"Sherry " wrote in message
And somebody posted, a few weeks ago, about how cats don't actually

"watch"
the TV....I totally disagreed....

Oh, I totall disagree too. Yoda loves basketball. Go figure. Maybe it's

just
the motion of the camera panning from one end to the other.

Sherry

LOL! I love it!
Jazz & his mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old October 30th 03, 07:22 PM
Takayuki

Julie Cook wrote:
We have a 54" Sony with the screen over the
speakers. Lacey will sit 3" away from the speaker and look up at the
screen and watch whatever it is that has caught her attention. You can
see her head move to follow the movement on the screen so we know she is
actually watching something.

How interesting! And that's one huge TV!

I want to find the
Catnip video that some of you have told us about because I suspect she
would love that and on November 4th the "Finding Nemo" DVD comes out.

I like Jacques, the fastidious French shrimp! "Bonjour. Oooh, la
mer, bon! Voila, he is clean!"