Purrs requested

Old December 26th 05, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs requested

As you may know I'll soon be a homeowner for the first time. Not my dream
house, by a long shot, but far better than where I've been for the last six
years, and no more overlord telling me what I can and can't do and how long
I can stay (well, at least as long as I keep the bank and the county
assessor happy).

The closing is set for this Friday. Between now and then, I need to sell the
little car my ex left behind, so as to avoid having to borrow any of the
downpayment. I'd rather preserve my credit line for the materials to build a
cat-containment fence.

Purrs for a car buyer to show up shortly would be much appreciated.

Old December 26th 05, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
As you may know I'll soon be a homeowner for the first time. Not my
dream house, by a long shot, but far better than where I've been for
the last six years, and no more overlord telling me what I can and
can't do and how long I can stay (well, at least as long as I keep
the bank and the county assessor happy).

The closing is set for this Friday. Between now and then, I need to
sell the little car my ex left behind, so as to avoid having to
borrow any of the downpayment. I'd rather preserve my credit line for
the materials to build a cat-containment fence.

Purrs for a car buyer to show up shortly would be much appreciated.

Car buyer purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 26th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
As you may know I'll soon be a homeowner for the first time. Not my dream
house, by a long shot, but far better than where I've been for the last
six years, and no more overlord telling me what I can and can't do and how
long I can stay (well, at least as long as I keep the bank and the county
assessor happy).

The closing is set for this Friday. Between now and then, I need to sell
the little car my ex left behind, so as to avoid having to borrow any of
the downpayment. I'd rather preserve my credit line for the materials to
build a cat-containment fence.

Purrs for a car buyer to show up shortly would be much appreciated.

Many purrs coming that you will achieve your dream of home ownership. at
last. It works for me, although there are advantages and disadvantages, the
former exceeds the latter in my case. Best of luck, Pat.

Tweed

Old December 26th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and prayers the car buyer will show up TODAY!!! and decide to buy the
car IMMEDIATELY!!
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
.. .

Old December 26th 05, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:08:01 -0600, Pat wrote:

As you may know I'll soon be a homeowner for the first time. Not my dream
house, by a long shot, but far better than where I've been for the last six
years, and no more overlord telling me what I can and can't do and how long
I can stay (well, at least as long as I keep the bank and the county
assessor happy).

The closing is set for this Friday. Between now and then, I need to sell the
little car my ex left behind, so as to avoid having to borrow any of the
downpayment. I'd rather preserve my credit line for the materials to build a
cat-containment fence.

Purrs for a car buyer to show up shortly would be much appreciated.

We're sending thebest purrs we can muster, Pat. BTW, how's Abelard doing?
Is the tail looking any better?

Dan
Old December 26th 05, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dan M" wrote

We're sending thebest purrs we can muster, Pat. BTW, how's Abelard doing?
Is the tail looking any better?

After keeping him inside ALL WEEKEND in anticipation of going to the vet
today, when I called for an appointment they told me they're all booked up.
So the visit will be tomorrow instead.

He's been licking at it a lot and will let me look at it. There's a "hole"
in the skin from which issues forth pus.... He still won't let me squeeze or
manipulate to gauge the extent of the injury.

Old December 26th 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs are on the way!

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

.. .

Old December 26th 05, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"Dan M" wrote

We're sending thebest purrs we can muster, Pat. BTW, how's Abelard doing?
Is the tail looking any better?

After keeping him inside ALL WEEKEND in anticipation of going to the vet
today, when I called for an appointment they told me they're all booked
up. So the visit will be tomorrow instead.

He's been licking at it a lot and will let me look at it. There's a "hole"
in the skin from which issues forth pus.... He still won't let me squeeze
or manipulate to gauge the extent of the injury.

Pat, I am very concerned about all of this. I am happy that you are going
to be able to buy a home, but there are other factors that raise questions
about how you will be able to take care of your cats. You said when you
first talked about Abelard's tail that you only had $50.00 for the rest of
the month, yet you are now discussing the purchase of a home and a line of
credit that you do not want to disturb because you want to use that for a
cat containment fence. Several people from this group donated funds for
Abelard's care when you said you only had $50.00 for the remainder of the
month, and some of them are people who can ill afford to make donations. At
that point, Abelard was "missing," so you took Baby Eyes. I'm glad Baby
Eyes received treatment, but that still left Abelard without treatment (and
you had then used at least part of the money that had been donated for
Abelard). You have also talked about the poor living conditions you have
had to live in, yet you talked in another message about hoping that a "cat
loving" tenant would move in so you could leave Eli with the new tenant.
Several people gave helpful advice about the problem with Eli, but you have
not updated that situation at all. I have been through the process of
saving money for a down payment and trying to balance that with regular (and
emergency) expenditures. However, I hope you will be more cautious in the
future about placing people on this group in a position where they make
donations to someone who may actually have more liquid assets than they
have. I have made a number of donations to people on the NG for cat care,
so I do recognize that there are emergencies where donations are both needed
and legitimate -- but I do believe we should all be careful not to solicit
funds (even inadvertendly) in routine situations.

MaryL

Old December 26th 05, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in

Pat, I am very concerned about all of this. I am happy that you are going
to be able to buy a home, but there are other factors that raise questions
about how you will be able to take care of your cats. You said when you
first talked about Abelard's tail that you only had $50.00 for the rest of
the month, yet you are now discussing the purchase of a home and a line of
credit that you do not want to disturb because you want to use that for a
cat containment fence.

You're right, except that now I have just $6 to get through the rest of the
month (after buying food and gasoline Friday in Mountain Grove). And I will
make it, by the skin of my teeth. It's all planned down to the nickels and
dimes. I even timed the closing to coincide with the January direct deposit
from Social Security (arriving on Friday) to meet the total required.
There's also a check en route from my step-daughter which will cover a good
potion of the downpayment. This is money she has owed to me for a long time,
and not all of what she owes. Aside from that I have set aside $1k toward
the downpayment plus $150 for the first quarter's homeowner insurance
premium. The rest will be either borrowed on a credit card - they sent me a
special check that I can use for up to the available credit balance (and I
will need all of it) and pay back @ 3.99% until paid off - or obtained from
the sale of the little car.

So I am hardly rolling in liquid assets. There is simply nothing extra - for
anything. Aside from the new bed for Abelard, I didn't give a single gift
this Christmas - even the cards I sent out were ones I had left from last
year, along with postage I had already bought many months ago.

Several people from this group donated funds for Abelard's care when you
said you only had $50.00 for the remainder of the month, and some of them
are people who can ill afford to make donations.

I don't think I did any arm twisting.

that point, Abelard was "missing," so you took Baby Eyes. I'm glad Baby
Eyes received treatment, but that still left Abelard without treatment
(and you had then used at least part of the money that had been donated
for Abelard).

I had called ahead to the vet to find out how much had been donated and knew
there was enough, otherwise I would have cancelled the appointment and not
taken Baby Eyes. Today the vet is exceptionally busy. They do not schedule
morning appointments, I learned on Friday, and I wanted to be sure Abelard
would be here before I scheduled anything for today, but when I called for
the appointment today, they were already all booked for the whole afternoon.
We have the first appointment of the day for tomorrow.

You have also talked about the poor living conditions you have had to live
in, yet you talked in another message about hoping that a "cat loving"
tenant would move in so you could leave Eli with the new tenant. Several
people gave helpful advice about the problem with Eli, but you have not
updated that situation at all.

Eli remains a problem. I'm sure it's due at least in part to having seven
resident felines in such a tiny house. He will be happier being an "only
cat" and if the person who takes my place here on the farm wants to keep
him, I'm sure he'll adjust quite well to not being moved and to being able
to have all the attention of a new human. Otherwise, at least we'll all have
more space to share after the move.

I have been through the process of saving money for a down payment and
trying to balance that with regular (and emergency) expenditures.
However, I hope you will be more cautious in the future about placing
people on this group in a position where they make donations to someone
who may actually have more liquid assets than they have. I have made a
number of donations to people on the NG for cat care, so I do recognize
that there are emergencies where donations are both needed and
legitimate -- but I do believe we should all be careful not to solicit
funds (even inadvertendly) in routine situations.

I don't think a serious tail injury can fairly be called "routine". He saw
the vet recenty for what appeared to be a tumor on his shoulder, that was
not a routine thing either and I did not solicit contributions for that
treatment, even though it stretched my slender budget to the breaking point.

Quite simply, if anyone is unable to contribute toward the care of any of
needy cats in this group, no one comes down on them, and I don't think
you're doing anyone a service by coming down on me, either.

MaryL

Old December 26th 05, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

snip

Several people gave helpful advice about the problem with Eli, but

you have
not updated that situation at all. I have been through the process of
saving money for a down payment and trying to balance that with regular
(and emergency) expenditures. However, I hope you will be more cautious
in the future about placing people on this group in a position where
they make donations to someone who may actually have more liquid assets
than they have. I have made a number of donations to people on the NG
for cat care, so I do recognize that there are emergencies where
donations are both needed and legitimate -- but I do believe we should
all be careful not to solicit funds (even inadvertendly) in routine
situations.

MaryL

Mary, I understand your concern but I personally don't feel like Pat has
done anything inappropriate. My understanding of her situation is that
she's got the resources needed to buy the house that she needs (not
that she wants, but what she and the kitties NEED), but just barely. I
believe that once she gets into the new place she'll be in a position to
pay her monthly expenses and to provide for the needs of her cats. I
remember all too well how difficult it was to come up with the down
payment and moving expenses when I last bought a house; that last period
just prior to closing is always difficult.

For my part, I do not feel at all bad about having sent a contribution
towards the care of the kitties, and I can't fault Pat's decisions
regarding the kittie's care. My feeling is that posting the info about the
kitties and allowing us to contribute towards their care was perfectly
appropriate.

Purrs from a purr-less Lisakatt Cat anecdotes 20 December 20th 05 10:39 PM
Purrs and Headbutts Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 0 December 20th 05 10:23 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Purrs requested pmendhall Cat anecdotes 16 November 28th 03 11:54 AM