At the falls

Old January 1st 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

Default At the falls

Ok, efurrykitty, I just got a phone call from Captain Jacques - the
Empress of the Mist is ready for us. Those kitties that like to ride
glass-enclosed elevators can ride this elevator right over here - it
takes you straight to the boarding dock. If you'd rather get there
directly, this teleporter will take you straight to the deck of the boat.

[Cleo and TV step into the teleporter, then step out onto the
observation deck of the tour ship. Many kitties follow them. A large
tuxedo cat is at the helm, and comes down to the deck when he sees Cleo
and TV.]

Captain Jacques, how are you? Everykitty, this is Captain Jacques. He
served a long, distinguished career with the Catnadian Navy, then he
designed this tour boat and had it built to his specifications. Captain,
we're looking forward to seeing what you can show us of the falls.

Captain Jacques: Bienvenue à bord, votre Altesse! It is wonderful to see
you again. I believe you and your guests will be pleased and surprised
by the tour I can offer you.

Every kitty, welcome aboard. I will show you a view of Niagara Falls
that the hoomins have never seen. Before we pull away from the dock I
would like to suggest that everybody look up at the edge of the canyon
above us. With the colored lights on the rim shining on the ice, the
sparkling you see above is only visible during the winter when the ice
is present. As we pull away from the dock and into the river, you will
see what looks like multi-colored diamonds along the edge. It is quite a
beautiful sight. Those of you who wish to experience the mist from the
falls, our stern observation deck is currently exposed to the river air.
Those who wish to remain dry and warm, the bow observation deck is fully
enclosed and stays nice and warm. Both observation decks are also
equipped with bars and buffet tables.

I understand we have a newly enwinked couple aboard. Concatulations to
both of you! Now, crewkitties, prepare to cast off mooring lines.

[The Captain returns to the bridge, starts the engines, and pulls the
tour boat away from the dock.]
Old January 1st 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_3_]

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:40:22 -0600, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
Cleocat's nimble, little paws typed:

Ok, efurrykitty, I just got a phone call from Captain Jacques - the
Empress of the Mist is ready for us.

gennle snippy

[The Captain returns to the bridge, starts the engines, and pulls the
tour boat away from the dock.]

Meow, Cleo an TV! Dis is reely lofely, an a perfek venoo fur an
enwinking party!

[takes Tiger by the paw] Come, my luff letz get a plate of fuds an
sum nip-wine an watch from da enklozed dek!

[Sees Pitoonya and Sundance] Hihi you two, you're boff glowink
tonight! [hedbutts all around]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/31/2007 10:44:40 PM
Old January 1st 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

[As the Empress of the Mist moves away from the dock, the kitties busy
themselves fetching snacks from the buffet and drinks from the bar. Most
of the kitties are on the enclosed front deck, but a few of the more
adventurous kitties are out on the open stern deck.

The boat moves out towards the middle of the river, then turns towards
the falls. The roar of the falls is so strong that the kitties can feel
the vibration in their bones - the power of the falls is obviously
immense. The boat manuevers until it is within two boat-lengths of the
falls. The Captain switches on colorful high-intensity lamps that cause
the mist from the falls to glitter and shimmer.]

Captain Jacques: My guests, you see before you the most mighty, most
powerful waterfall that most of you will ever see. It is truly one of
the wonders of the world! And now I present to you my special surprise!

[With this the Captain presses a button that causes a transparent shell
to pivot into position over the stern deck, sealing it tight. He then
turns the boat directly towards the falls, and engages the engines. The
boat moves towards the falls - then into the falls! The nose of the boat
is forced under the water, then the rest of the boat follows. The
Captain pulls a lever on the bridge, and a set of diving planes emerges
from the sides of the bridge. The boat has been transformed into a
submarine.]

Ladies and gentlecats, we have now completed our transformation from
surface vessel to submarine. We are now directly under the falls,
viewing a sight that has never been seen by humans. Very few cats have
seen these sights, either - just a handful of valiant underwater
explorer cats, led by the Catmerican diver Catalina Jocko. Now, as we
move behind the falls into the area scoured by the falls, you can see
the fabulous mineral formations that have been exposed by eons of water
action. Numerous small underwater caverns can be seen as well. I have
been told that several of them contain dry areas, including some very
large rooms. They still await exploration.

Now we will move downstream, away from the falls, and will cruise along
the bottom for a while. We will then return to the surface, then will
motor back upstream.
Old January 1st 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .

Meow, Cleo an TV! Dis is reely lofely, an a perfek venoo fur an
enwinking party!

[takes Tiger by the paw] Come, my luff letz get a plate of fuds an
sum nip-wine an watch from da enklozed dek!

[Sees Pitoonya and Sundance] Hihi you two, you're boff glowink
tonight! [hedbutts all around]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

Fangu, Anaïs, but I fingk Pit2nya alwaze haz a bootiful glow!

Sundance

Old January 1st 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Sundance" wrote in message
. ..

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
.. .

Meow, Cleo an TV! Dis is reely lofely, an a perfek venoo fur an
enwinking party!

[takes Tiger by the paw] Come, my luff letz get a plate of fuds an
sum nip-wine an watch from da enklozed dek!

[Sees Pitoonya and Sundance] Hihi you two, you're boff glowink
tonight! [hedbutts all around]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

Fangu, Anaïs, but I fingk Pit2nya alwaze haz a bootiful glow!

Sundance

Wy fank yu SunnyDanze...Dis iz soooo eggzytink!!!

Oh...letz get sum fuudz lyke Tiger an Anaïs hab,
an lissen tu Captain Jacques...
--
Pitô.ônya

Old January 1st 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message

Fangu, Anaïs, but I fingk Pit2nya alwaze haz a bootiful glow!

Sundance

Wy fank yu SunnyDanze...Dis iz soooo eggzytink!!!

Oh...letz get sum fuudz lyke Tiger an Anaïs hab,
an lissen tu Captain Jacques...
--
Pitô.ônya

Good ideer, Sweetee, I kan alwze uze sum fudz, an itz furry innerestin seein
da waddermonsterz frum inside.

Sundance

Old January 1st 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Default Noo Yeerz eef at da fawlz URLz

Wyle we wuz waytin fur middynite, meowmee feownd deze URLz:

http://www.cliftonhill.com/niagara_f...lls_new_years/

http://www.cliftonhill.com/niagara_f.../illumination/

If yu ar nottid afrayed ov fyerwoikz yu kan klik da skreen heer:
http://www.onlineniagara.com/niagara...years-eve.html

urr see lotza pikshurz heer:
http://www.michaelmccumber.com/colle...gara_newyears/

HAPPY NOO YEER AWL KITTEEZ AN EFFIN DERE SLAYVEZ.
FANGU FURR MAYKIN OWRZ 2007 SO LUFFERLEE.

Pit2nya an Anti sylvia

Old January 1st 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

[As the boat moves away from the falls and moves downstream, the lights
illuminate the rocks and plants along the bottom of the river. Cleo, TV,
Hercule, and other kitties have their noses plastered to the glass
watching the sights go by. When a large fish swims past, all the kitty
tails start twitching wildly.

As they reach a point a mile downriver, the Captain returns the boat to
the surface.]

Captain Jacques: Kitties, the New Year will be here in moments. I have
reopened the stern deck, so it is again windy and open to the sky. The
fireworks will be starting in in a few seconds. If you wish to hear the
wonderous sounds of the explosions, you will wish to be on the stern
deck. If you would rather not hear the explosions, the bow deck is where
you will want to be. And if you would rather not see the fireworks at
all, the galley belowdeck will offer you a nice, quiet place to
celebrate the new year without missing out on the food and drinks we
have on board. In addition, my crew has set up the sound system so we
will be turning on the stereo and starting the dance music playing in
case you'd care to do any dancing. There is room enough for dancing on
all the observation decks and in the galley.

[As the kitties take their places, the boat motors out to the middle of
the river. As the Captain maneuvers the boat to alignment with the
cliffs, the fireworks start. From both rims of the canyon, colorful
fireworks arc into the sky and burst overhead. Some of the kitties watch
the fireworks, some dance. Cleo and TV dance on the bow deck while
Hercule and Rebecca dance in the galley. ]

Kitties, the New Year is just seconds away. I would like to offer a
toast, kitties. M. Sundance and Miss Rebecca, concatulations to you
both. Everykitty, Happy Mew Year to everykitty!

[As the new year arrives, a huge barrage of fireworks bursts overhead.
All the kitties raise their glasses in a toast, and they dance, smurgle,
and kiss.]
Old January 1st 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

"Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Pit2nya and Sundance watch the fireworks from the bow deck.

As the seconds to 2008 lessen, they dance closer, cheek to cheek,

until the first fireworks of the New Year flash overhead, at which
moments they

embrace, smurgle, and... finally...experience their first kiss.

Oh darlink, watta wunnerfol way tu shtart da Noo Year, an foizt day ov
da

rezt ov ower lyfe!

Pit2nya

Old January 1st 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_3_]

Boy, dis iz reely sumpfin! Id'll be a Noo Yeerz EEf celibrashun to
remembfur!

I see dat da Inspektor iz passink owt nip-shampayne; letz get sum to
toast da Noo Yeer in!

[Glasses in hand, our kitties toast the New Year, each other and
Pitoonya and Sundance]

Happy Mew Yeer efurry kitty an hooman!!!!

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 09:43:53 -0600, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
[...]

1/1/2008 1:12:13 PM