Purr request (long)

Old November 23rd 04, 01:37 AM
Elise

Default Purr request (long)

I missed a couple days and am trying to catch up (nearly impossible with
this group) but we've been purring for those in need.

So now I need to request purrs for my sister, Teri, and one of her cats,
Sam.
Sam is having a head x-ray and surgery to remove a lump on/in his neck
tomorrow (Tuesday November 23) at 11:30 a.m. EST.

Sam is between 7 & 9 yo, a seal point siamese who knows that all laps are
created just for him. He was left in a carrier outside a (shelter? vet?,
not sure) in a snowstorm. The woman there was just locking up and leaving
for the weekend when she caught something out of the corner of her eye. She
looked again and found Sam in his carrier which was completely covered in
snow. Only two people responded to the ad in the paper since he was FeLV+.
The woman who looked at him just before my sister didn't like that he rubbed
against her and got fur on her suit. My sister won and so did Sam
He had his annual a month or two ago and aside from perpetual sniffles and a
slightly elevated white blood count all his bloodwork, etc. came back
perfect.
He sleeps under the covers with Teri every night and last week she woke up
and as usual offered skritches to the feline master. She felt a good sized
lump on his neck/throat that wasn't there the previous day (it would have
been noticed as Sam hasn't an ounce of fat him) and bundled him off to TED
immediately.
TED did a needle biopsy, the results came back negative for cancer and
antibiotics have been prescribed. Halfway through the antibiotics and the
lump has changed a bit. Where it was soft on one side & firm on the other,
the soft part seems to have gone away and Teri thinks the lump is bigger.
Sam is also now having trouble sleeping as apparently when his head tilts
down it causes him to have trouble breathing. Also when he shakes his head
he falls over so he seems to be having equilibrium trouble.
He hasn't come to bed with her the past two nights. She held him cuddled on
her chest for most of the day yesterday so he could get some sleep and he
was wheezing as he breathed.
So, purrs requested for the surgery to go well, that it's really not
cancerous and that if they find anything it's easily treatable.
I told her that the power of the purr is strong with this group and she
thanked you all in advance

note: all 4 of my sister's cats are FeLV+, adopted that way, and she lost
one just recently with sudden acute respiratory failure so she's very, very
worried.
I'll try to find some pictures of her crew.
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Old November 23rd 04, 01:50 AM
Dan M

So, purrs requested for the surgery to go well, that it's really not
cancerous and that if they find anything it's easily treatable.
I told her that the power of the purr is strong with this group and she
thanked you all in advance

Purrs coming! We'll send our absolute best get-better purrs.

Dan

Old November 23rd 04, 01:51 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:37:27 +0000, Elise wrote:

[...]

We shall purr steadily for the wonderful Siamese...Let us know how the
operation turns out. MLB

Old November 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Jo Firey

"Elise" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Purrs of course for Sam, in memory of out very own Lilac Point Sam (RB)

And admiring purrs for your sister. To take on pain willingly by taking in
Flv+ cats is so brave and so generous. We had two. The first to get ill
caught it from a feral we had taken in (back in the day when we didn't
know). He lived two good years after diagnosis. The feral, my Maggie lived
nearly seven years. And both did at least have an easy death. They just
got very tired and then were ready to head for the RB.

Jo

Old November 23rd 04, 02:22 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Elise" wrote in message
. com...
So, purrs requested for the surgery to go well, that it's really not
cancerous and that if they find anything it's easily treatable.
I told her that the power of the purr is strong with this group and she
thanked you all in advance

note: all 4 of my sister's cats are FeLV+, adopted that way, and she lost
one just recently with sudden acute respiratory failure so she's very,
very worried.
I'll try to find some pictures of her crew.
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Teti and Tinùviel sending get well purrs immediately!

Hans

Old November 23rd 04, 02:23 AM
Victor Martinez

Elise wrote:
I told her that the power of the purr is strong with this group and she
thanked you all in advance

Lots of healing purrs going for Sam.

--
Victor Martinez