Curious new behavior

Old February 4th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Curious new behavior

on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 19:41:51 GMT, Richard Evans
wrote:

FWIW, I have one that does the same, even insofar as climbing on my
chest and trying to dig a hole through it. No claws, just frantic
digging motions. He has this intent look on his face, like he's
following important orders from the cat mother ship.

That is too cute!

--
Lynne
Old February 5th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

wrote:

FWIW, I have one that does the same, even insofar as climbing on my
chest and trying to dig a hole through it. No claws, just frantic
digging motions. He has this intent look on his face, like he's
following important orders from the cat mother ship.

That is too cute!

--
Lynne

I am now worried cos none of my cats has ever done this, jessie does
not display any weird or bizarre behaviour whatsoever (probably too
busy sleeping), I am starting to wonder why. She is a very dull cat
really.

bookie

Old February 5th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

wrote:

FWIW, I have one that does the same, even insofar as climbing on my
chest and trying to dig a hole through it. No claws, just frantic
digging motions. He has this intent look on his face, like he's
following important orders from the cat mother ship.

That is too cute!

--
Lynne

I am now worried cos none of my cats has ever done this, jessie does
not display any weird or bizarre behaviour whatsoever (probably too
busy sleeping), I am starting to wonder why. She is a very dull cat
really.

bookie

How old is she????? MLB

Old February 5th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

wrote:

FWIW, I have one that does the same, even insofar as climbing on my
chest and trying to dig a hole through it. No claws, just frantic
digging motions. He has this intent look on his face, like he's
following important orders from the cat mother ship.

That is too cute!

--
Lynne

I am now worried cos none of my cats has ever done this, jessie does
not display any weird or bizarre behaviour whatsoever (probably too
busy sleeping), I am starting to wonder why. She is a very dull cat
really.

bookie

How old is she????? MLB- Hide quoted text -

about 16 years old now, although I have only had her for the last 18
months so maybe she did all her bizarre behaviour with her previous
mum and got it out of her system.
she does have a talent for lying on her back with her back legs spread
apart , front legs curled over, right in the middle of the floor,
exposing the softest white tummy in the world for every to see. freaks
some people out when they first see her do it, but it is very cute and
she is totally shameless, wish i coud post up a picture of her doing
it

bookie

Old February 5th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

wrote:

[...]

She is showing how much she trusts you. TuTu does this but usually in my
lap so I can comb or pet that lovely tummy. MLB

Old February 5th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Persian

It may seem to be cute; However, It actually means your cat is looking
for a place to urinate. We have a mail Persian cat and he's done the
same for a while and after couple of months he's started going around
the house.

I would suggest changing the location of a litter box. Also, you may
try to clean the litter box more often. Cats don't like water or
anything sticky and they are looking for a dry place.

Alex
www.PersianKittenEmpire.Com

Old February 5th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:55:51 GMT, "Persian" wrote:

I would suggest changing the location of a litter box. Also, you may
try to clean the litter box more often. Cats don't like water or
anything sticky and they are looking for a dry place.

My litter boxes are immaculate, so I know that is not an issue.

I'm inclined to believe everyone who says that this is a normal cat
behavior. If he were to start urinating outside of his litter boxes, I
would immediately suspect a UTI and take him to the vet. Did you have your
boy checked out? If not, you should.

--
Lynne
Old February 5th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

wrote:

[...]

lap so I can comb or pet that lovely tummy. MLB- Hide quoted text -

nice to know, she certainly has a very safe environment here where she
has the run of the house and has 3 humans slaves wrapped around her
little furry paw. She certainly isn't keen on being combed on her back
or her tummy, but she does love it if you stroke her tummy when it is
exposed like that and give her a few kisses on it. In fact she usually
stretches out some more and gives you the most filthy look when you
get bored of it and decide to stop!

it's a real "did i give you permission to stop adoring me? no! so get
back to it now!"
wonderful

bookie

Old February 5th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

On Feb 5, 2:28�pm, Lynne wrote:
on Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:55:51 GMT, "Persian" wrote:

Lynne - you are correct. I have had cats who did this all of their
life and never peed outside of the litter box. We used to say they
were dusting off their slicks or wiping their feet [only the front
ones!]

Old February 5th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:03:29 GMT, "Buddy's Mom" wrote:

We used to say they
were dusting off their slicks

I love cats! They never cease to fascinate and delight me!!

--
Lynne