Cat Food

Old February 8th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

Default Cat Food

Does anyone else use Trader Joe's canned cat food? It has no by-
products or wheat and has only ,.025% max magnesium? My cat really
loves it after having rejected serveral others including Science and
ProPlan canned food. I decided to wean him off his beloved dried
food because of urinary problems and despaired when he refused to eat
them. Trader Joe's even has a really nice pine nugget kitty litter
which I layer ontop of the clumping litter so he doesn't accidentally
ingest it.

On Feb 5, 1:39 pm, "Persian" wrote:
Which brand of Cat Food is the healthiest for cats?

Alexwww.PersianKittenEmpire.Com

Old February 8th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Go Daddy

On Feb 8, 1:58 am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
BTW, feeding a cat a poor quality diet can possibly lead to a UTI. Believe
me, the cat finds know enjoyment in having one.

Lifted from
http://www.api4animals.org/facts?p=359&more=1

Nestlé (Alpo, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Mighty Dog, and Ralston Purina
products such as Dog Chow, ProPlan, and Purina One), Heinz (9 Lives,
Amore, Gravy Train, Kibbles-n-Bits, Nature's Recipe), Colgate-
Palmolive (Hill's Science Diet Pet Food). Other leading companies
include Procter & Gamble (Eukanuba and Iams), Mars (Kal Kan, Mealtime,
Pedigree, Sheba, Waltham's), and Nutro.

Additives in Processed Pet Foods

Anticaking agents
Antimicrobial agents
Antioxidants
Coloring agents
Curing agents
Drying agents
Emulsifiers
Firming agents
Flavor enhancers
Flavoring agents
Flour treating agents
Formulation aids
Humectants
Leavening agents
Lubricants
Nonnutritive sweeteners
Nutritive sweeteners
Oxidizing and reducing agents
pH control agents
Processing aids
Sequestrants
Solvents, vehicles
Stabilizers, thickeners
Surface active agents
Surface finishing agents
Synergists
Texturizers

What most consumers don't know is that the pet food industry is an
extension of the human food and agriculture industries.

END

Very interesting. Something I would have never thought about.

SO!

Nestlé (Alpo, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Mighty Dog, and Ralston Purina
products such as Dog Chow, ProPlan, and Purina One), Heinz (9 Lives,
Amore, Gravy Train, Kibbles-n-Bits, Nature's Recipe), Colgate-
Palmolive (Hill's Science Diet Pet Food). Other leading companies
include Procter & Gamble (Eukanuba and Iams), Mars (Kal Kan, Mealtime,
Pedigree, Sheba, Waltham's), and Nutro, use all the scraps form their
human foods companies and turn it into pet food.

Dirty *******s!

Old February 8th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually, what this should have said "BTW, feeding a cat a poor quality diet
can possibly lead to a UTI. Believe me, the cat finds no enjoyment in having
one.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
BTW, feeding a cat a poor quality diet can possibly lead to a UTI. Believe
me, the cat finds know enjoyment in having one.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Go Daddy" wrote in message
shhh, don't tell my cats.

Old February 8th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Go Daddy

On Feb 8, 10:36 am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Actually, what this should have said "BTW, feeding a cat a poor quality diet
can possibly lead to a UTI. Believe me, the cat finds no enjoyment in having
one.

same difference, don't be nice, I like you being plain and to the
point.

If you was sitting here and we was having a pop and a smoke, and you
was my friend, (knowing what you know) I would expect you to say, 9
lives is garbage Bear!
Git your **** together man!

Old February 8th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!www.panthertekit.com"Cat Protector" wrote in message

BTW, feeding a cat a poor quality diet can possibly lead to a UTI. Believe
me, the cat finds know enjoyment in having one.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Go Daddy" wrote in message
shhh, don't tell my cats.- Hide quoted text -

what about whiskas? my cat has no teeth and only really eats whisaks
supermeat (normal and senior) as all the others tends to come in
chunks which she finds hard to deal with and the supermeat in nice and
smooth for her. i do sometimes get the chunks stuff and then mash it
up for her but she turns her nose up at it.

I would really like to get her something of better quality but all the
high quality cat foods seem to come in dry kibbles, at least here they
do, any suggestions?

ta bookie

Old February 8th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Go Daddy

On Feb 8, 10:48 am, "bookie" wrote:

I would really like to get her something of better quality but all the
high quality cat foods seem to come in dry kibbles, at least here they
do, any suggestions?

ta bookie

hi ta bookie

Yeah, I just read this morning that wiskas and all them supermarket
brands are not healthy for your cat.

Sure it holds them up, puts some weight on them, there is some
nutrients in the food etc... but when you consider all of the
ingredients (far too many to list)...
what they put in the cans or pouches is not fit for consumption.

What they are putting in the cans is everything they couldn't sell to
the humans.
ground up bones and what not. as I say.. there is some nutrients
introduced into the food... but... it's a bottom feeding diet... it's
carcasses.

Anything worth eating has been sold to humans.

Nestlé (Alpo, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Mighty Dog, and Ralston Purina
products such as Dog Chow, ProPlan, and Purina One), Heinz (9 Lives,
Amore, Gravy Train, Kibbles-n-Bits, Nature's Recipe), Colgate-
Palmolive (Hill's Science Diet Pet Food). Other leading companies
include Procter & Gamble (Eukanuba and Iams), Mars (Kal Kan, Mealtime,
Pedigree, Sheba, Waltham's), and Nutro.

See! The companies only make pet food to have a way to get rid of
their rubbishes.

however! upon closer examination, yule see that these companies make
MORE money on pet foods than they do human food products.

Cat Protector said, Blue Buffalo Spa Select has no by products.

Am I going to run out and by BBSS? sure.. Next time I buy a premium
brand, BBSS it is!

This is also going to save me alot of money in vet bills.

Bear

Old February 8th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 8 Feb, 15:59, "Go Daddy" wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:48 am, "bookie" wrote:

[...]

don't get blue buffalo spa in my country, but do get other decent
stuff, it is just all in dry kibble form which jessie can't have. Will
Have to do search for decent wet stuff, in meantime if anyone has any
suggestions for brands of high quality wet food please let me have
them

do you not use the word 'ta' in your country in place of thank you
occasionally?
bookie

Old February 8th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Persian

What do you think of Science Diet?

Old February 8th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually, Blue Buffalo Spa Select has canned food as well. My cats eat that
as well as the dry.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
oups.com...

Old February 8th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually Bookie you might be able to. They sell the Spa Select via the
Petsmart web site as well as in the store.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com