Buffy, get off my sweater!

Old August 26th 15, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy, get off my sweater!

As most of you know, I'm new to being owned by a fully clawed cat. I'm
new to being owned by Buffy.

I have a sweater hanging on the back of my desk chair. No reason,
really. It doesn't get cold here.

Buffy is perfectly welcome to sit in my lap when I'm sitting in this
chair and even when I'm not. She does, very frequently. In fact,
she's a rather clingy cat.

The thing is, rather than just jump up with me she has taken to climbing
(literally) up the sweater and perching on the back of the chair behind
my head. That's an odd place to sit.

I have to say kudos for the synthetic yarn! I would have thought Buffy
would have ripped the sweater to shreds by now. Nope! Not even with
her sometimes wicked claws has she managed to do so much as a few small
pulls. That's what I call a sturdy sweater.

The behaviour is getting annoying, though. Please stop climbing up my
sweater every time I sit in this chair. She's decided climbing up my
legs is a good idea, too. Yes, I clipped her claws but they grow back fast.

This is the cat who was described as "timid".

Jill
Old August 26th 15, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:25:11 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
I have to say kudos for the synthetic yarn! I would have thought Buffy
would have ripped the sweater to shreds by now. Nope! Not even with
her sometimes wicked claws has she managed to do so much as a few small
pulls. That's what I call a sturdy sweater.

The behaviour is getting annoying, though. Please stop climbing up my
sweater every time I sit in this chair. She's decided climbing up my
legs is a good idea, too. Yes, I clipped her claws but they grow back fast.

This is the cat who was described as "timid".

I'll bet she can be timid, depending on kitty circumstances. I was told
that Betty was quite shy and independent. Which I can see - under some
circumstances.

I think front claws are wonderful - it gives them the proper confidence to
be naughty and use both high and low ground.
Old September 15th 15, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Jill, you just have to get used to a clawed cat. Everywhere in the world
has them, except America. Shame on America to allow declawing. Your vets
allow it, and I can say that if my vet declawed a cat as matter of course,
they would be struck off from being a vet.
I'm not sure why it's allowed anywhere. Only in America are cats declawed
at the vets when the offer is get your cat declawed at the same time as
spaying.

If I told my vet I wanted Boyfie declawed, he would strike me off from being
allowed there.

Old September 15th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 21:13:51 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Jill, you just have to get used to a clawed cat. Everywhere in the world
has them, except America.

WELL over 90% of cats in the US have claws, probably 99%.

It's ONLY stupid people who value possessions more than life
that declaw cats, and even IN the US, where it's mostly
still legal to do so, many Vets woudln't do it on a bet.

Old September 15th 15, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It's not my fault someone front declawed Persia (RB 2014). I cannot
control what vets do or don't do. I would never consider declawing a cat.

BTW, that sweater is still holding strong. Synthetic yarn. And she's
learned not to use her claws on my legs.

Jill

Buffy in the Box jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 July 4th 15 10:46 PM
Yet another Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 June 30th 15 10:34 AM
Buffy next to me (pic) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 June 28th 15 01:05 AM
Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 38 June 21st 15 06:01 PM
Biskit's New Sweater Sherry Cat anecdotes 4 May 19th 08 04:31 AM