Where is Everyone?

Old September 9th 15, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Where is Everyone?

"The New Other Guy" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 20:27:06 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

It's quite nippy here. Only 10c in my bathroom this a.m. I considered
lighting the woodburner. Threw a blanket on myself instead.

I'd be THRILLED with that temp, and
GLyN would probably stay the night and sleep on the bed with me.

We're never satisfied, it is too hot for you and too cold for me.
but not to worry, tomorrow it will be 20c (72f). The weather is always a
surprise here.
Hence Brits never stop talking about it.

Old September 9th 15, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 22:00:50 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

It's quite nippy here. Only 10c in my bathroom this a.m. I considered
lighting the woodburner. Threw a blanket on myself instead.

I'd be THRILLED with that temp, and
GLyN would probably stay the night and sleep on the bed with me.

We're never satisfied, it is too hot for you and too cold for me.
but not to worry, tomorrow it will be 20c (72f). The weather is always a
surprise here.
Hence Brits never stop talking about it.

If I ever win the Lottery, I WILL be moving close to where you are,
and NEVER coming back here where I am now!

3pm, and it's still 95 degrees outside, and 94 inside.

Old September 10th 15, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

It's quite nippy here. Only 10c in my bathroom this a.m. I considered
lighting the woodburner. Threw a blanket on myself instead.

I'd be THRILLED with that temp, and
GLyN would probably stay the night and sleep on the bed with me.

We're never satisfied, it is too hot for you and too cold for me.
but not to worry, tomorrow it will be 20c (72f). The weather is always a
surprise here.
Hence Brits never stop talking about it.

If I ever win the Lottery, I WILL be moving close to where you are,
and NEVER coming back here where I am now!

3pm, and it's still 95 degrees outside, and 94 inside.

Much too hot! But whether you would like it here, I don't know,
weather-wise. You have a continental climate, we have a maritime one. We
never know what the weather will be doing from day to day. I would quite
like 75 for more than few days in the summer, but once it does that, and
gets up to say 80+ we get a thunderstorm which dips the temp back. We do
occasionally get 30+ (90+) but that usually lasts one or two days. We make
a huge fuss about it when it happens. It gets on the TV news.

Old September 10th 15, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 00:18:12 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Much too hot! But whether you would like it here, I don't know,
weather-wise. You have a continental climate, we have a maritime one. We
never know what the weather will be doing from day to day. I would quite
like 75 for more than few days in the summer, but once it does that, and
gets up to say 80+ we get a thunderstorm which dips the temp back. We do
occasionally get 30+ (90+) but that usually lasts one or two days. We make
a huge fuss about it when it happens. It gets on the TV news.

I was born and raised here in San Diego, but I have NEVER liked hot
or dry weather. All my ancestors are from Ireland, Scotland, and England.

When it's 50F here, I'm walking around with no shoes or shirt on,
most others have ski parkas and gloves on.

And if it gets too cold, I'll just grab GLyN, and a blanket,
and we'll both be fine!

Old September 10th 15, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm sorry to hear about Harri Roadcat. I was thinking about Dan just

the other day and wondering about the infamous Roadcat. I'm sorry to hear
she's ill.

Jill

It sounded really bad, maybe terminal. She had an x-ray which showed a
nasty lump around her kidneys. An MRI scan would cost 1,000 dollars
apparently, and not help the outcome so Dan is considering what to do about
her future.
I will not know any more as FB has moved on.

So sad.

Old September 10th 15, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

jmcquown wrote:

I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone
quiet.

I've been away a lot; two weeks in Hungary, then back here for a few
days, then a week at an early music course in Scarborough and a week
at the folk festival in Whitby. Not much contact with cats except
when we were in Pecs, where the flat opposite across the lane had
two little tabbies a few months old, presumably sisters. We came
across a promotion for cat treats down town - if you meowed they'd
give you a sample. So I meowed for one to take back to our furry
neighbours.

Our bunch have been a lot snugglier since we got back. I can't lie
down for a few seconds without Chloe jumping on my chest and purring,
and Marblecake squeezes hard up against us when we least expect it.
Ollie's never been quite as demonstrative but he's usually cuddled
up on bed with us for at least part of the night. Chloe now has a
routine where if she doesn't think I'm stroking her enough, she will
tell me about it by bopping me on the face with her paw. This is a
cat who took years before she'd have anything to do with people.

We seem to have got Chloe's diarrhoea under control. Sheer guesswork,
but I've been adding biotin to her food. The effect lasts two or
three days after each dose. And her fur is much less matted.

Old September 10th 15, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm sorry to hear about Harri Roadcat. I was thinking about Dan just

the other day and wondering about the infamous Roadcat. I'm sorry to hear
she's ill.

Jill

It sounded really bad, maybe terminal. She had an x-ray which showed a
nasty lump around her kidneys. An MRI scan would cost 1,000 dollars
apparently, and not help the outcome so Dan is considering what to do about
her future.
I will not know any more as FB has moved on.

So sad.

If Harri Roadcat has renal failure there isn't much to be done. Very
sad.

Jill

Old September 10th 15, 09:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/10/2015 4:30 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone
quiet.

Jill

My Mom went into hospital 6 weeks ago after she fell while trying to get
out of bed. She was then found to have a UTI and was kept in hospital as
it has affected her mind, as a shock so often does in the elderly, she's
95. She's still in there but as the emergency is over I'm only going to
visit her twice a week. This isn't as hard as it sounds as my sister is
also going other days. I was spending so much time at the hospital and at
her flat sorting things a lot of things weren't getting done. Now I have
my life back and will be participating on the group more.

Many purrs for your mom. I can certainly sympathize. My mom broke her
hip while *in* the hospital. She tried to get out of bed and walk into
the hall while they processed her paperwork.

I'm so very glad you have your sister to help out.

The first thing my greedy brother thought of when hearing about this was
suing the hospital for negligence. He was quickly disabused of that notion.

At the moment I'm picking the apples from my tree (bumper crop this year)
and I've got another tree on order.

Apples! Hey, that sounds like a good name for a cat. Congrats on
the bumper crop.

Sootie went for her annual check up and booster jab, didn't have the new
one as the vet said it wasn't really necessary. I carried her in her
carrier up the hill which takes me about 7 minutes but I'm sure she put on
5 lbs on the way up there. The check up was fine.

Judith

Isn't it funny how they suddenly weigh so much more? I think it's some
sort of cat/gravity law. I'm glad to hear Sootie didn't need the extra jab.

Jill
Old September 10th 15, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 6:09:10 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
I know real life interferes at times but this ng has suddenly gone quiet.

Jill

Meow Jill and other "old timers and "new timers"; new to me at any rate! I'm so glad you are here. Since I left about two years ago Aggie Marble and Victor Velco have left us to go to Kitty Heaven. We are now owned by two orange tiger littermate brothers and Jane. The first day Jane came to us we named her Lady Jane. She slept on the living room rug upsidedown furry legs all akimo. Our roommate walked by, looked down at her, shook his head and stated, "she's no lady!" So she is now Jane again. The boys are Tiger and Tigger refered to at the vets office as One G and Two Gg's as their files were once mixed up. Charleen and I like cats!!

Old September 11th 15, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/10/2015 1:30 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom, and fully understand about the
visiting. I just got out of the hospital myself, but I've been on both
sides of that and am fully convinced that, most of the time, such a
thing is harder on the loved ones who are not the patient.

Joy