MIL on the move

Old August 30th 03, 05:12 AM
Stacey

Default MIL on the move

Hi folks.

We've been preparing my MIL for the big move out of her house to live with a
friend a few miles away. Yesterday we moved a bunch of stuff over and today
even more. Today we decided to move the MIL and the cats as well.

MIL has two black cats, Ebony and Zeke (a.k.a "Little Sh*t"). Ebony is about
12 and a big, fat, lazy, loveable, fuzzy bowling ball. He's 13 to 15 lbs,
give or take an inch and the sweetest, most laid back cat I've ever met. As
long as Eb has a food bowl and his mommy, he's perfectly happy. Zeke is a
little fat kitty, born of white trash and full of trouble from the get go.
Over the last two years she's gotten pretty sweet, but still wary of anyone
but her meowmie.

So today we take said cats to the new place. We put Zeke into the carrier
and Eb sits on MIL's lap, looking bored. Zeke just quietly lay in the
carrier. When they got to the house, they brought Eb and Zeke inside then
opened the carrier door. Eb poked around and made acquaintance with the
resident cat (MIL lives in two rooms of her friend's house, they share a
kitchen and bathroom), a pretty chubby little un-named grey with orange
highlights kitty. She's a sweety... MIL's friend feeds her and lets her in
and stuff, but the friend isn't too fond of kitties, and hasn't even named
it LOL. But she takes great care of it. Anyway, Eb was walking up the stairs
to the room connecting the living spaces when across the hall there stood
Girl Cat (name?). Girl cat goes all Halloween poses, hissing and growling.
Eb stands there, blinks once, then plops down on the floor, apparently bored
to tears. Girl Cat is disturbed by this behavior and skitters off, growling
all the way. I later told Eb not to worry about it, she was just surprised
by the incredible hunka male cat meat standing in her house. I mean, he *is*
quite the catch. During all this, where is Zeke? Still in the carrier.
Hasn't moved. Hasn't said a word. Isn't going to either, unless you want to
lose a hand. Eventually MIL pulled her out of carrier and she scooted behind
the couch.

Once the cats get used to the place, they can go outside. Actually, you
could let Eb out 30 seconds after you showed him the food dish and he'd
never fail to find his way home. Zeke I'm a bit worried about though, she
could get spooked and take off. They have a huuuuugggeee field to play in
outside their door, and lots of yard to lounge about in, lots of trees to
climb. The house is on a big corner lot (shaped like a baseball field a bit,
not the whole diamond, teh curvy thing going to the point), set a bit back
from the road, but these cats were raised in a trailer park and are used to
lounging about in the road while the cars drive *around* them. Purrs on that
anyway, please.

Well, that's it for now.

Stacey

--
Stacey

Hugs, Not Bugs!
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
http://home.rochester.rr.com/stave508
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
If I want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on the
cats!

Old August 30th 03, 02:59 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 04:12:45 GMT, "Stacey"
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a great new cat home, lots of area to play in. Purrs that
they settle in quickly, and learn to fear those nasty cars.
Old August 30th 03, 03:20 PM
polonca12000

Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Stacey" wrote in message
Hi folks.

We've been preparing my MIL for the big move out of her house to live with

friend a few miles away. snip