Accident at work compensation claims - are some sectors inherently risky?

Old July 18th 13, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennifer Alice

Default Accident at work compensation claims - are some sectors inherently risky?

Some people who are considering bringing industrial accident claims forward think that their industry is inherently dangerous and that they accepted some degree of risk by virtue of their employment. Welders, chefs, carpenters or metalworkers might take a few burns on their fingers in their stride and put their injuries down to experience.
But when people sustain serious injuries in an accident at work, they should seriously consider whether their employer behaved in a negligent fashion by failing to provide them with protective equipment or adequate training, or by neglecting their duty of care to their staff in another way.
No matter what industry you work in, you have the right to go to work every day without worrying about your health and safety and to come back home happy and healthy. If you sustain a serious injury in the workplace, then you may be able to make an accident at work compensation claim against your employer.
http://www.clearwatersolicitors.co.u...car-accidents/
Old July 18th 13, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Jennifer Alice wrote:
[...]

You certainly can. I worked at a job for some period of time where I
assisted a staste licensed engineer in investigation these kinds of
accidents (and fires) for insurance companies and (lawyers for individuals)
in order to ascertain what caused the accident and who, if anyone was at
fault. Sometimes the insurance company has to pay for damages, but then they
try to recover some or all of their money from the manufacturer of equipment
that faailed in its ability to safely perform its function. Sometimes this
equipment was improperly installed or maintained and this is what resulted
in the accident. In any case, we would investigate the accident, write a
report, and give it to whomever had hired us. In many cases, we would advise
our clients to settle out of court if possible because our investigation
showed them to be largely at fault. IOW, we were engineers and were
impoartial in our decisions and observations. It was a very interesting job,
and I learned a lot by taking part in it.