Male calico cat

Old October 19th 04, 07:50 PM
KellyH

Default Male calico cat

I saw my first male calico today! He was adopted last week at the shelter,
and we all thought he was a girl, being calico and all. We even shaved the
belly looking for a spay scar. The new adopter brought "her" back today to
be spayed. The vet did a look under the tail, and said he was a neutered
male!
The cat is absolutely beautiful and looks girly to me. I still can't
believe it's a boy!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old October 20th 04, 12:29 AM
blkcatgal

I read somewhere that a male calico would probably be sterile. So maybe it
wasn't necessary to neuter him???

Sue

Old October 20th 04, 12:35 AM
KellyH

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
I read somewhere that a male calico would probably be sterile. So maybe it
wasn't necessary to neuter him???

Sue

I read that too. Maybe they neuter just in case. I don't know if being
sterile would stop him from having other intact male behavior, like spraying
and fighting.

Old October 20th 04, 12:36 AM
KellyH

"kaeli" wrote in message
If I ever found one of these boys, I'd name him Klinefelter and call him
Kline for short.

/obscure?

For Klinefelter's syndrome, the XXY condition.